Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:47 am
Already joined, Mr. C. :headbang:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:44 am
Send me the league ID, cause it won't let me in.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:51 am
xbay wrote:Send me the league ID, cause it won't let me in.

Check your PMs, bro.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:58 am
I didn't get sh*t!

Just kidding. Thanks, bro. :wink:

EDIT;

Woah, what an interesting league. Divisions? This should be fun.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:32 pm
This league looks very promising with divisions and alll... but we'd need at least one more team, guys. We're at 7 right now, so it'd be great to get at least another one and avoid bye weeks.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:00 am
TMC wrote:This league looks very promising with divisions and alll... but we'd need at least one more team, guys. We're at 7 right now, so it'd be great to get at least another one and avoid bye weeks.

more should be coming. There were 5 guys for a really long time cuz a couple dudes were on vacation. now theres 7. Roar, st8rippin, Oakland(my brother), and McRitz(me) are all returing for are fourth season. Third for Moose Knuckles. So hopefully if you guys like it, can join us for the future as well and one day make this a keeper league.

There is one more of the originals that should be joining, and my brother has a couple more of his friends who haven't signed up. If for any reason if we can't get enough, i can always make the team public for the final couple spots, or ask people here on this site. The amount of teams are pretty flexible for me (i personally dig deep sleeper leagues). So i would expect about 10 teams, but if it goes to 12, its ok too.

ALSO, do you guys like/want the divisions??? I just enabled it to create a discussion about it. If we don't want it, we can take it out. I will talk to the others to see if they want that. this is the first year I considered it. Lemme know.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:34 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:This league looks very promising with divisions and alll... but we'd need at least one more team, guys. We're at 7 right now, so it'd be great to get at least another one and avoid bye weeks.

more should be coming. There were 5 guys for a really long time cuz a couple dudes were on vacation. now theres 7. Roar, st8rippin, Oakland(my brother), and McRitz(me) are all returing for are fourth season. Third for Moose Knuckles. So hopefully if you guys like it, can join us for the future as well and one day make this a keeper league.

There is one more of the originals that should be joining, and my brother has a couple more of his friends who haven't signed up. If for any reason if we can't get enough, i can always make the team public for the final couple spots, or ask people here on this site. The amount of teams are pretty flexible for me (i personally dig deep sleeper leagues). So i would expect about 10 teams, but if it goes to 12, its ok too.

ALSO, do you guys like/want the divisions??? I just enabled it to create a discussion about it. If we don't want it, we can take it out. I will talk to the others to see if they want that. this is the first year I considered it. Lemme know.

It's a bit odd to have divisions, but I think it's cause I've never seen it before in a fantasy league. It's interesting, and since this is my first season doing this type of league, I vote we keep it to see how it works out.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:49 pm
xbay wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

It's a bit odd to have divisions, but I think it's cause I've never seen it before in a fantasy league. It's interesting, and since this is my first season doing this type of league, I vote we keep it to see how it works out.

Yeah, I also want to keep it. Should be interesting, at least. I also have never seen divisions in any league I've ever been, so I'd like to give it a try this year.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:09 pm
well I know I am not in the league but you guys should keep divisions. It is so much better and this is why I hate free yahoo fantasy because you cant structure it that way.

I have always done divisions and it is much more fun. In my opinion a ten team- two division structure is the best. It works out perfectly in scheduling.

You play each of the other 4 division teams twice (8 games), then you play the other division teams once (5 games) for a total of 13.

Top 3 in each division make the playoffs with Week 14 being the wild card round with 2nd and 3rd place teams battling while division winners have the bye. Division championship game in Week 15, Championship game week 16. PERFECT! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:23 pm
bada wrote:well I know I am not in the league but you guys should keep divisions. It is so much better and this is why I hate free yahoo fantasy because you cant structure it that way.

I have always done divisions and it is much more fun. In my opinion a ten team- two division structure is the best. It works out perfectly in scheduling.

You play each of the other 4 division teams twice (8 games), then you play the other division teams once (5 games) for a total of 13.

Top 3 in each division make the playoffs with Week 14 being the wild card round with 2nd and 3rd place teams battling while division winners have the bye. Division championship game in Week 15, Championship game week 16. PERFECT! :)

That sounds awesome. hopefully we can try this
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:21 pm
Crackerz ill join.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:34 am
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:Crackerz ill join.

ok, cool. i sent you the info on PM.

I think you will be the last one i will be accepting from the board, cuz i still have at least 3 of my friends/family that have yet to sign up that usually join. not guaranteed all will sign. And i dont want more than 12 participants in such a big league like this one. But if someone really wants to join, i will let them in... just PM me.

Pawno, be sure to read all the differences from this league from the typical ones. scoring, positions, set-up are all very different. Plus, this is a Live Draft week.... the time isnt set in stone, it might be moved up a week, but nothing sooner. I will let you and everyone else know with plenty of time in advanced if changes will occur.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:43 pm
1 QB or 2??????

Talking the returning members that have already signed up, some are pretty bummed out that I put 1 QB slot this year (every year prior, we had 2 QB slots). But because this is going to be most likely a 12 member league because i not only invited the returning members, but you guys and a couple cousins, we might just limit ourselves to 1 QB slot. so far, it is pretty divided whether to put 1 QB slot or 2, so i want to hear everybody give an opinion. Again, i am now anticipating a 12 member league, as i am still expecting at least 1 more guy to sign up (maybe 2), and already 10 have signed up.

let me know if you want 1 QB or 2 QB slots.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:10 pm
Anything works with me, but with such a big league, I'd rather have just 1 QB spot. 12 teams are just too much to play a 2 QB roster.

btw, I gotta say I'm really excited about this league. I've never been in a fantasy league with divisions, and a 12 team league is gonna be a real challenge. Can't wait. A pity I won't be able to make it to the online draft, but I'll edit my ratings in time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:39 pm
TMC wrote:Anything works with me, but with such a big league, I'd rather have just 1 QB spot. 12 teams are just too much to play a 2 QB roster.

btw, I gotta say I'm really excited about this league. I've never been in a fantasy league with divisions, and a 12 team league is gonna be a real challenge. Can't wait. A pity I won't be able to make it to the online draft, but I'll edit my ratings in time.

Yeah, here is the thing with the divisions. Everyone wants to try it, as i dont think any of us have ever done it before. So we will all be stoked on that.

Now, if my friend, who uses the team name "PakiBalla" does NOT join this league, then i am gonna close it, and limit it to 10 participants, which it is right now. So 2 divisions (of 5 players), where every player plays their division 2x and the other division players 1x. However, if my friend DOES join, then i will see if I can get 1 more person to make it an even number. If there are 12 teams in all, i will then create 4 divisions (or 3 players), so we still have the same structure of each player playing their division 2x and everyone else 1x. Both equal to 13 games played, with the playoffs being weeks 14-16. Both make playing the division more competitive, yet still having opponents from the rest of the league crucial for success.

The only big difference that will occur if we expand from 10 teams to 12 teams will be the expansion of playoff spots. as of now, their are 6 playoff spots for 10 teams. if we expand it to 12, I will add 2 more spots. so 8 spots out of 12. so we don't have half the league out of it by week 13 (or earlier, if they think they are already out).

I am excited. one of the craziest leagues i have been a part of.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum