2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:10 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:I'm not scared of Brandon Jacobs.

Wise words, indeed. :mrgreen:

Ok, I've got this win locked, even tho E-Man has three guys still to play. But 113 to 59 sounds like a safe lead. Particularly because he has Aaron Rodgers and Balt¡more's D to play, so if Rodgers has a great game, the Ravens D won't get many points and that also works the other way around.

But my playoff hopes are pretty dim. Didn't realize only 4 teams make the playoffs in this league. So, basically, I may have a chance to finish 7-7 and 5th in the regular season, but that's about it.

My only chance for the playoffs would be to beat Pawno in the last week and hope for Williams losing to Gamblers to sneak into the 4th spot. But, in that case, there would be a 7-7 tie between the three of us, plus E-Man or JOEL, who face each other in the last week. I think the tiebreaker it's points scored, so I would win it... but I'm not totally sure. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Same here, i never been in a league with only 4 playoff spots, so this is new to me. Usually it is 6 slots.... well, this balances out with the other league, where there are 8 slots.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:14 am
Oh and another thing, looking at the results... it looks like Aussie, Xbay, and Myself have all clinched, due to the three 6-6 teams losing this week, and GSW losing too.... so 1 spot left for the final week... gonna be interesting.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:18 am
The TMC curse keeps doing its thing... Clinton Portis goes to IR, and is even considering retirement due to his latest concussion. Man...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:47 pm
This holiday season, i am thankful for TMC... he gave me Brandon Marshall who has been great... also, he said i reached on Chris Johnson when I drafted him 3rd...

I cannot wait until the playoffs next week. Hopefully my players have juice on the tank to win next week.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:07 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:This holiday season, i am thankful for TMC... he gave me Brandon Marshall who has been great... also, he said i reached on Chris Johnson when I drafted him 3rd...

Hey, I got Desean Jackson in that trade, I think it worked great for both of us.

I'll have to carry the shame of that Chris Johnson comment. I just thought he'd have a similar season to last year, not... THIS. :wink:

btw, the playoffs race is soooo close... I think there's a good chance I can beat Pawno with the lead I have (and with Desean Jackson and Fitz still to play), but Gamblers and Williams are gonna fight it out til their last breath, it seems.

GO GAMBLERS!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:12 pm
True, but Marshall just ate up that Colts secondary today. 21 catches for 200 yards, 2 TDs.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:42 pm
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:This holiday season, i am thankful for TMC... he gave me Brandon Marshall who has been great... also, he said i reached on Chris Johnson when I drafted him 3rd...

Hey, I got Desean Jackson in that trade, I think it worked great for both of us.

I'll have to carry the shame of that Chris Johnson comment. I just thought he'd have a similar season to last year, not... THIS. :wink:

btw, the playoffs race is soooo close... I think there's a good chance I can beat Pawno with the lead I have (and with Desean Jackson and Fitz still to play), but Gamblers and Williams are gonna fight it out til their last breath, it seems.

GO GAMBLERS!!!

PAWNO :banghead: ure killing me
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:59 pm
Barring a meltdown, william is in.... so the playoffs are set... now, its all about Arizona vs. San Fran to decide who gets the first seed. If San Fran D gets more than 9 points, i will be playing Aussiebeidren once again... if not, then i am playing william. Regardless, xbay wont be playing me.

oh and to answer tmc's responce... DeShaun Jackson is actually doing really well this season... overall, that was an even trade.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:36 pm
I wanna shoot myself in the foot for starting the wrong guys. I absolutely hate Marion Barber, he's doing NOTHING for me. And whenever I start Celek, Shaincoe is the one that does well and vice versa. Didn't see Kyle Orton having a bigger game than Phillip Rivers, so that was a toss up.

It's up to my Niners to take care of the Cards.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:41 pm
I hope the Cardinals score 100 points tomorrow, and Arizona don't commit a single turnover :mrgreen:

Nothing against you xbay, cause your team is still quality (you've already beaten me twice so far this season)...but have you SEEN Crackerz' team?

Holy sh!t...he kicked my ass today.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:09 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Barring a meltdown, william is in.... so the playoffs are set... now, its all about Arizona vs. San Fran to decide who gets the first seed. If San Fran D gets more than 9 points, i will be playing Aussiebeidren once again... if not, then i am playing william. Regardless, xbay wont be playing me.

Yep, I need a 100+ yards, 2 TDs game by Vernon Davis, at least. So, basically, I'm done.

So disappointing. I just had terrible luck with some matchups, and when I started winning, it was one week too late...

Oh well, if that happens, congrats, William. You certainly deserve it after staying in playoff position for so long.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:14 am
aussiebiedrins wrote:I hope the Cardinals score 100 points tomorrow, and Arizona don't commit a single turnover :mrgreen:

Nothing against you xbay, cause your team is still quality (you've already beaten me twice so far this season)...but have you SEEN Crackerz' team?

Yeah, he's got three number one receivers and Chris Johnson. Then, he's got Donovan McNabb.

He's got the team to beat, IMO. If he loses, it's cause his players don't produce.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:23 am
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Barring a meltdown, william is in.... so the playoffs are set... now, its all about Arizona vs. San Fran to decide who gets the first seed. If San Fran D gets more than 9 points, i will be playing Aussiebeidren once again... if not, then i am playing william. Regardless, xbay wont be playing me.

Yep, I need a 100+ yards, 2 TDs game by Vernon Davis, at least. So, basically, I'm done.

So disappointing. I just had terrible luck with some matchups, and when I started winning, it was one week too late...

Oh well, if that happens, congrats, William. You certainly deserve it after staying in playoff position for so long.

**** YOU Eli Manning!!!!

that is all

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 pm
xbay wrote:
aussiebiedrins wrote:I hope the Cardinals score 100 points tomorrow, and Arizona don't commit a single turnover :mrgreen:

Yeah, he's got three number one receivers and Chris Johnson. Then, he's got Donovan McNabb.

He's got the team to beat, IMO. If he loses, it's cause his players don't produce.

might i add i have the number 1 scoring defense and number one scoring kicker, oh and Witten (who hopefully will go back to his old self).

Down thing is that i don't have a consistant second running back
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:54 am
Niners defense DID WORK!

31 points.

Guess all that talk about you guys hoping the Niners' defense get manhandled by the Cards upset them. 8 takeaways!

Warner 2 INTs, 2 FUMs. Wells, Hightower, Stephens-Howling, Boldin... all with one fumble.

All adding to a grand total of 31 fantasy points.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum