2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm
If anyone needs a RB, I need WR's

oh, and sorry for not paying too much attention to the league and not even starting a defense last week. I will try and do better.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:31 pm
What would you ask for IF I were interested in trading for Kevin Smith? :wink:

And don't get greedy here, bro. :wink:

btw, Portis is available for the right trade, if anybody is interested.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:59 pm
TMC wrote:What would you ask for IF I were interested in trading for Kevin Smith? :wink:

btw, Portis is available for the right trade, if anybody is interested.

I would probably trade him for any of your top 3 WR's
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:15 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:What if I was to swing you a trade? Say Flacco for Ryan Grant and a QB of yours... either Leftwich or McNabb. Would you do it?

Could be. Although we'd have to work it out somehow, because the Ravens schedule is about to get real tough, with games against the Pats, Bengals, Vikings... so Flacco's numbers are probably gonna suffer a bit (I do expect him to still be good, just not as impressive as he's been til now).

Oh, and I certainly doubt you'd want to add Leftwich, considering he's been demoted straight to #3 in the Bucs depth chart. Josh Johnson is the starter now (I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I'd feel like cheating if not... and I know you're fully aware the Leftwich era is over in Tampa).

I've sent you a trade proposal. And, before you freak out, keep in mind that Fred Jackson is gonna lose lots of touches starting next game now that Lynch is back from his suspension. I think it's a pretty fair deal, actually, for both of us.

You're right, it is pretty fair. Having Fred Jackson there is sorta like me having Frank Gore and having Coffee on my squad as well.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:22 am
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:What would you ask for IF I were interested in trading for Kevin Smith? :wink:

See?. That's what I call being greedy. He's not even close in value to any of the top 3.

I'd be willing to give you Bernard Berrian for him, but that's about it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:39 am
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:What if I was to swing you a trade? Say Flacco for Ryan Grant and a QB of yours... either Leftwich or McNabb. Would you do it?

Could be. Although we'd have to work it out somehow, because the Ravens schedule is about to get real tough, with games against the Pats, Bengals, Vikings... so Flacco's numbers are probably gonna suffer a bit (I do expect him to still be good, just not as impressive as he's been til now).

Oh, and I certainly doubt you'd want to add Leftwich, considering he's been demoted straight to #3 in the Bucs depth chart. Josh Johnson is the starter now (I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I'd feel like cheating if not... and I know you're fully aware the Leftwich era is over in Tampa).

I've sent you a trade proposal. And, before you freak out, keep in mind that Fred Jackson is gonna lose lots of touches starting next game now that Lynch is back from his suspension. I think it's a pretty fair deal, actually, for both of us.

You're right, it is pretty fair. Having Fred Jackson there is sorta like me having Frank Gore and having Coffee on my squad as well.

Cool. Now I have the full running game of the Bills and three offensive performers of the Ravens. I'll go as far as those two teams take me.

I think it's a good trade, tho. It hurts to lose Ryan Grant, but with Lynch, Jackson and McGahee I think I've got my RB positions well covered, and I still have Wells if the Cards ever find a way to use him. I also get the backup I needed for McNabb, so that side of the deal is pretty sweet for me.

btw, this goes into the other thread, you know. You probably were just jelous I was dealing with Bada in this thread and decided to steal the spotlight... but you gotta understand I'm not that loyal when it comes to business. There's room for more than one dealing partner in my life.

As punishment, I'm calling deal interference on this one. You'll have one week penalty in which you won't be able to strike any more deals. Next time, it will be a two week penalty, Flaccogate. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:56 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:

See?. That's what I call being greedy. He's not even close in value to any of the top 3.

I'd be willing to give you Bernard Berrian for him, but that's about it.

WOW. Who is being greedy now. Bernard freakin Berrian for one of the few FULL time RB's in the NFL. It is YOU that is being greedy now my friend.

Kevin Smith is a solid #2 fantasy RB. You dont think he is in the same tier as Vincent Jackson and DeSaun Jackson?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:27 am
bada wrote:Kevin Smith is a solid #2 fantasy RB. You dont think he is in the same tier as Vincent Jackson and DeSaun Jackson?

Eh... no. Not even close. Both Jacksons play for contenders and have QBs that are gonna look at them as their first options to score and make big plays (on the passing game).

Kevin Smith is a very solid RB that doesn't have great big play potential and who's playing for a bad team that's gonna trail more often than not, which means relying more on the passing game than the running game. Also, the Lions o-line ain't exactly opening big holes for him.

I think he's, as you say, a solid #2 for fantasy, and could have been better if the Lions weren't so... offensively challenged. But, in their current situation, and with the schedule the Lions will face (Chicago, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Rams, Seahawks, Vikings, Browns, Packers, Bengals, Ravens, Cards, Niners and Bears), it's not like Smith is gonna be a big time weapon this season.

In fact, with that schedule, they'll be lucky if they can win a couple more games... so Smith's value is reduced a lot by the strength of the defenses he's gonna face for the rest of the season.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:05 am
I accept and understand you valuing those WR's more than Smith and not wanting to make the deal, but to say they are not even close and I am being greedy in asking for Vincent Jackson or DeSaun Jackson for Kevin Smith is rediculous.

Smith in his rookie year for an 0-16 team put up 1200 combined yards and 8 TD's. (both figures are more than Vincent Jackson put up in his outstanding season last year). The Lions are not worse then they were last year. And even if they do throw, he is their receiving RB so he will be involved there as well.

I am not saying Kevin Smith is a world beater, but there are very few RB's that are 3 down backs anymore. He is one of them and that helps his value considerably.

Again, you may not wish to make the trade, but these players are very much on par with each other.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:11 am
bada wrote:I accept and understand you valuing those WR's more than Smith and not wanting to make the deal, but to say they are not even close and I am being greedy in asking for Vincent Jackson or DeSaun Jackson for Kevin Smith is rediculous.

Smith in his rookie year for an 0-16 team put up 1200 combined yards and 8 TD's. (both figures are more than Vincent Jackson put up in his outstanding season last year). The Lions are not worse then they were last year. And even if they do throw, he is their receiving RB so he will be involved there as well.

I am not saying Kevin Smith is a world beater, but there are very few RB's that are 3 down backs anymore. He is one of them and that helps his value considerably.

Again, you may not wish to make the trade, but these players are very much on par with each other.

Hey, I never said it was easy to deal with me.

Well, except for XBay... :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:50 pm
darnnnnn...

i am lucky pick niner as my def team this week....result = 47 pts...

fukkkk :shock:

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:54 pm
Had to come against me, didn't it?

But how about this as well GSW... I traded you Cooley and Bryant, and both had TDs up against me today.

But yeah, I'm going to lose cause of your 47(!!!) points of DEF. I remember Pawno changed the DEF scoring settings slightly from the Yahoo default settings, and it's come back big time to haunt me.

(Unless of course, the Vikings get about 30 points tomorrow themselves :mrgreen: )
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:49 pm
aussiebiedrins wrote:Had to come against me, didn't it?

But how about this as well GSW... I traded you Cooley and Bryant, and both had TDs up against me today.

But yeah, I'm going to lose cause of your 47(!!!) points of DEF. I remember Pawno changed the DEF scoring settings slightly from the Yahoo default settings, and it's come back big time to haunt me.

(Unless of course, the Vikings get about 30 points tomorrow themselves :mrgreen: )

and i still have Ryan Grant if i am not wrong... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:02 pm
Phillip Rivers did whatever he could against the Steelers giving me about a 24 point lead over Joel, but I doubt I'll win. He still has Greg Jennings and Adrian Peterson left. Looks like I'll be taking my first loss this week.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:48 pm
I'm beating E-Man, but barely. And we both have guys yet to play. It's gonna be a Berrian vs Rodgers and Crosby matchup...

Go VIKINGS!!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum