2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
2
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
2
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 4


Moderator
Posts: 5314
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:56 pm
Man... I love my team. Best WR core, best TE, best defense. very good QB and Decent RB's, with a very solid bench. All i need is a kicker and I am set.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:16 pm
GAME OF THE WEEK
JOEL vs TMC- wow .22 fantasy points divided these teams in a wild NFC MVP Shootout... Adrien Peterson wishes he could play the BROWNS for 16 weeks and Drew Brees would love to play the LIONS for 15 weeks more... hopefully some respectable scorelines return for these 2 teams cause this season opener was crazy :D

MISFIRE OF THE WEEK
XBAY vs AUSSIEBIEDRINS - Tony Romo was the only juggernaut who showed up.... OZBEANS running game misfired and was unfortunate he's selection of Atlanta players didn't get the TDS... hopefully better things yet to come for the 2nd place thunder from downunder

SUPRISE OF THE WEEK-
BADA vs ALWAYS NEXT - who would of thought ALWAYS gets the win without anthony gonzalez... bada was incredibly unlucky with so much faith in that houston game (SLATON & SCHUAB) but ALWAYS NEXT could be the darkhorse if he can get thru these next 2 weeks with a returning Marshawn Lynch in week 4.

DISAPPOINTMENT OF THE WEEK-
Eman vs GSW UNITED - both these teams were projected to score at least 10 or 20 more projected points... but GSW UNITED slid into the finishing line. things should return to normal for EMAN with Matt Forte not having to play that aggresive packers RUN D & Cutlers abilitiy to throw the INT im expecting big things from Eman this next week.

BLOWOUT OF THE WEEK-
Pawno vs Mr C
When Adrien Peterson & Drew Brees are the guys coming out the gates as the big week one impressers, you cant turn your back on Phili DEFENSE... i scored a impressive 46 points (granted the yahoo default settings have been changed to show more of a reflection on the IMPORTANCE of a DEFENSE) going into this week when i saw Mr C register 20 something points with TENNESSEE he had me biting my fingernails... but Mr C had shocking play by key players (andre, S.Smith & Chris Johnson) things should bounce back to normal next week
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:46 am
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:GAME OF THE WEEK
JOEL vs TMC- wow .22 fantasy points divided these teams in a wild NFC MVP Shootout... Adrien Peterson wishes he could play the BROWNS for 16 weeks and Drew Brees would love to play the LIONS for 15 weeks more... hopefully some respectable scorelines return for these 2 teams cause this season opener was crazy :D


Tell me about it. I score 121 points, second highest of the week... and still lose by a minimum margin. Insane. If only one of my RBs had had a decent, just decent outing...

Oh well, congrats to JOEL on winning a crazy matchup. I'll have to bounce back this week against... BADA!!!! 8)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:36 am
TMC wrote:
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:GAME OF THE WEEK
JOEL vs TMC- wow .22 fantasy points divided these teams in a wild NFC MVP Shootout... Adrien Peterson wishes he could play the BROWNS for 16 weeks and Drew Brees would love to play the LIONS for 15 weeks more... hopefully some respectable scorelines return for these 2 teams cause this season opener was crazy :D


Tell me about it. I score 121 points, second highest of the week... and still lose by a minimum margin. Insane. If only one of my RBs had had a decent, just decent outing...

Oh well, congrats to JOEL on winning a crazy matchup. I'll have to bounce back this week against... BADA!!!! 8)


Bada will be out for blood....apparently he lost last week to the Detroit Lions.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:57 am
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:GAME OF THE WEEK
JOEL vs TMC- wow .22 fantasy points divided these teams in a wild NFC MVP Shootout... Adrien Peterson wishes he could play the BROWNS for 16 weeks and Drew Brees would love to play the LIONS for 15 weeks more... hopefully some respectable scorelines return for these 2 teams cause this season opener was crazy :D


Tell me about it. I score 121 points, second highest of the week... and still lose by a minimum margin. Insane. If only one of my RBs had had a decent, just decent outing...

Oh well, congrats to JOEL on winning a crazy matchup. I'll have to bounce back this week against... BADA!!!! 8)


Bada will be out for blood....apparently he lost last week to the Detroit Lions.


Then he'll have no problem losing this one against the mighty RAMS!!! :mrgreen:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:25 am
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:GAME OF THE WEEK
JOEL vs TMC- wow .22 fantasy points divided these teams in a wild NFC MVP Shootout... Adrien Peterson wishes he could play the BROWNS for 16 weeks and Drew Brees would love to play the LIONS for 15 weeks more... hopefully some respectable scorelines return for these 2 teams cause this season opener was crazy :D


Tell me about it. I score 121 points, second highest of the week... and still lose by a minimum margin. Insane. If only one of my RBs had had a decent, just decent outing...

Oh well, congrats to JOEL on winning a crazy matchup. I'll have to bounce back this week against... BADA!!!! 8)


Bada will be out for blood....apparently he lost last week to the Detroit Lions.


Then he'll have no problem losing this one against the mighty RAMS!!! :mrgreen:


I dont know TMC, your game sounded more like the Bills.....almost had it, but you decided to take that kickoff out of the endzone and coughed it up. Im thinking any week is going to be a bad week to run into the Buzz-Saw that is Adrian Peterson this year, especially with DEfenses not stacking th box on every play.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:44 am
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:GAME OF THE WEEK
JOEL vs TMC- wow .22 fantasy points divided these teams in a wild NFC MVP Shootout... Adrien Peterson wishes he could play the BROWNS for 16 weeks and Drew Brees would love to play the LIONS for 15 weeks more... hopefully some respectable scorelines return for these 2 teams cause this season opener was crazy :D


Tell me about it. I score 121 points, second highest of the week... and still lose by a minimum margin. Insane. If only one of my RBs had had a decent, just decent outing...

Oh well, congrats to JOEL on winning a crazy matchup. I'll have to bounce back this week against... BADA!!!! 8)


Bada will be out for blood....apparently he lost last week to the Detroit Lions.


Then he'll have no problem losing this one against the mighty RAMS!!! :mrgreen:


I dont know TMC, your game sounded more like the Bills.....almost had it, but you decided to take that kickoff out of the endzone and coughed it up. Im thinking any week is going to be a bad week to run into the Buzz-Saw that is Adrian Peterson this year, especially with DEfenses not stacking th box on every play.


Dude that has nothing to do with Adrien Peterson but more so Clevelands DEF Co

Bill Walsh invented the West Coast
Al Davis invented the Vertical Ball
Rob Ryan invented the Triple Digit Rushing allowed.

Adrien Peterson will get his numbers... but wont have career days like that every week... but the trick is to get as many players going up against the BROWNS cause we all know Rob Ryan is PREVENT SUCCESS
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:58 am
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:GAME OF THE WEEK
JOEL vs TMC- wow .22 fantasy points divided these teams in a wild NFC MVP Shootout... Adrien Peterson wishes he could play the BROWNS for 16 weeks and Drew Brees would love to play the LIONS for 15 weeks more... hopefully some respectable scorelines return for these 2 teams cause this season opener was crazy :D


Tell me about it. I score 121 points, second highest of the week... and still lose by a minimum margin. Insane. If only one of my RBs had had a decent, just decent outing...

Oh well, congrats to JOEL on winning a crazy matchup. I'll have to bounce back this week against... BADA!!!! 8)


Bada will be out for blood....apparently he lost last week to the Detroit Lions.


Then he'll have no problem losing this one against the mighty RAMS!!! :mrgreen:


I dont know TMC, your game sounded more like the Bills.....almost had it, but you decided to take that kickoff out of the endzone and coughed it up. Im thinking any week is going to be a bad week to run into the Buzz-Saw that is Adrian Peterson this year, especially with DEfenses not stacking th box on every play.


Dude that has nothing to do with Adrien Peterson but more so Clevelands DEF Co

Bill Walsh invented the West Coast
Al Davis invented the Vertical Ball
Rob Ryan invented the Triple Digit Rushing allowed.

Adrien Peterson will get his numbers... but wont have career days like that every week... but the trick is to get as many players going up against the BROWNS cause we all know Rob Ryan is PREVENT SUCCESS


I realize that playing the Browns definitely played into the success he had, he is not going to go for a buck 80 and 3TDs every week, but he will have a monster year this year....even for him. The Browns D is kinda like the Panthers O, both are going to be a feast for their opponents. I would love to pick up the team Defense every week that is playing Carolina.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:16 am
All I've got to say is TMC... DAMN YOU! I put Caddy has my number one priority on the waiver wire, but I was afraid out of every one, you'd take him. And you had a higher waiver than me, so I was basically praying you didn't notice him.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:17 am
xbay wrote:All I've got to say is TMC... DAMN YOU! I put Caddy has my number one priority on the waiver wire, but I was afraid out of every one, you'd take him. And you had a higher waiver than me, so I was basically praying you didn't notice him.


Well, you took Flacco for me in the other league, so we're even, buddy.


Care to trade, bro? :wink:

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:09 am
Im looking to trade BIG BEN for a WR......any takers?
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:20 am
JOEL wrote:Im looking to trade BIG BEN for a WR......any takers?


Eh... no. But I've sent you a proposal that includes a WR.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:42 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:All I've got to say is TMC... DAMN YOU! I put Caddy has my number one priority on the waiver wire, but I was afraid out of every one, you'd take him. And you had a higher waiver than me, so I was basically praying you didn't notice him.


Well, you took Flacco for me in the other league, so we're even, buddy.


Care to trade, bro? :wink:


I shall explore cause I can't live with Willie Parker as a back up.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:24 pm
TMC wrote:
JOEL wrote:Im looking to trade BIG BEN for a WR......any takers?


Eh... no. But I've sent you a proposal that includes a WR.



as much as i enjoyed your proposal..... it really needed to be re-thunk.
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:02 pm
wow. I totally forgot about this league. I remembered yesterday. Know I know why I forgot about it... my team BLOWS!

Reminds me not to participate in a league with such an early draft. My opinion of people changed so much while watching preseason.... like I would not have drafted Slaton so high as he looked overweight and sluggish in preseason.

Will be a long season for me!
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron