2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
2
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
2
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 4

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Hey, Bada... when you drafted Chris Henry, you were talking about the Bengals WR, right? Cause I noticed you dropped the RB Chris Henry. I'm guessing that was an accidental mistake.

Can't imagine the drama of seeing Pawno mistaking Adrian Peterson for the Chicago RB for Joel and seeing someone pick him up, thus leading to a huge argument on what to do. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:44 pm
xbay wrote:Hey, Bada... when you drafted Chris Henry, you were talking about the Bengals WR, right? Cause I noticed you dropped the RB Chris Henry. I'm guessing that was an accidental mistake.

Can't imagine the drama of seeing Pawno mistaking Adrian Peterson for the Chicago RB for Joel and seeing someone pick him up, thus leading to a huge argument on what to do. :mrgreen:


Yes, I drafted the WR Chris Henry but Pawno gave me the RB Chris Henry. Easy enough to fix considering nobody had him. He is a deep sleeper so not much risk in someone picking him up but yes, could have been a bad situation.

Moderator
Posts: 5314
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:20 pm
go check if u got a trade request from me.... if u don't see one, u suck (just kidding... actually it means u should make a trade proposal for me. Willing to give 2 for 1)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:29 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:go check if u got a trade request from me.... if u don't see one, u suck (just kidding... actually it means u should make a trade proposal for me. Willing to give 2 for 1)


Same here!!! :wink:

Moderator
Posts: 5314
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:17 pm
joel, bada, and gsw... sent u some proposals... first to accept wins!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:08 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:joel, bada, and gsw... sent u some proposals... first to accept wins!


Same here. Still trying to find a 2 for 1 deal that works...

Role Player
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:15 am
Location: Australia
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:29 pm
The first trade of the season is in motion... between myself and GSW.

I am trading Antonio Bryant and Chris Cooley for Dallas Clark. What are people's thoughts? Even trade? Or favouring one side more?

My thinking is that Bryant's knee will give him trouble all season, and the QB situation in TB is a problem. Also, Cooley plays in a very tough division, and Jason Campbell isn't exactly a TD-machine. On the other hand, Clark was 2nd in fantasy points last season amongst TEs and should see an increased workload this season with Harrison gone.

A final factor is that I feel I can slot Eddie Royal into Bryant's WR spot (Royal is a good possession receiver), and find a WR sleeper on the waiver wire.

Anyway, to conclude, the Juggernaut has been strengthened :mrgreen:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:51 pm
Yeah Tampa Bay will struggle. Antonio isn't going to have 12 td's this season. Sure the Bucs got leftwich but raheem morris ain't no chucky playcaller. I guess Tmc is the best guy to speak up on the subject. Chris cooley yeah his good. But like u say jason campbell don't pay the bills. I personally feel like u could be in a good situation josh. There's a lot of teams in this league that still need to make a cut for a kicker. I'm sure you'll get someone of value on the wire in the next few weeks. In the meantime, u should pick up Michael Vick :)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:36 pm
If Bryant comes back healthy, you're gonna regret making this trade. He might not have 12 TDs, but as long as he stays healthy, he's gonna have a BIG season for two reasons:

* He's playing for the first big contract of his career. Everything is at stake for him in this season.

* The Bucs don't have any other valid option at WR.


Clark is a good player, tho, and pretty steady, but if Bryant is healthy, this trade favors GSW.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:45 am
Before anybody questions my move, I've been thinking about who should I cut to add a K. And decided that Matt Cassel, even tho I like him a lot, is not worth keeping, because, unless he gets injured, Brees is gonna be my starter except for the Saints bye week.

I just can't keep a second QB "just in case" for a whole season. It'd be different if we were talking about a guy that misses a ton of games each year, but that ain't Brees' case, so better to use that spot on other player than a guy who's not gonna play.

Moderator
Posts: 5314
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:50 am
TMC wrote:Before anybody questions my move, I've been thinking about who should I cut to add a K. And decided that Matt Cassel, even tho I like him a lot, is not worth keeping, because, unless he gets injured, Brees is gonna be my starter except for the Saints bye week.

I just can't keep a second QB "just in case" for a whole season. It'd be different if we were talking about a guy that misses a ton of games each year, but that ain't Brees' case, so better to use that spot on other player than a guy who's not gonna play.


I am not questioning it at all, TMC.... the backup quarterback thing for just one game or injury is pretty pointless. the reason why i dont have one either. In small roster teams like this one, position players are the most important for the bench, so i stocked up with RB's and WR's. IN the last days leading to the season, i will get a kicker. Plus, there are always surprise QB's each year and bust QB's so there are plenty of options on the waiver wire.

Moderator
Posts: 5314
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:12 am
TMC, Bada, GSW, E-man, and Pawno, i sent you trade proposals. All of them IMO are fair (i'm not gonna lie, pawno's is the exception), but feel free to counter if you like the basic trade, and want to tweak it.

to the others, you can always send one my way... remember, i am down trading 2 for 1, or 3 for 2 as i will be dropping someone the day before the season starts. so if you see a lot of goodies, click for them all.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:11 am
I like mine. There's a lot of turmoil in Denver surrounding Marshall (and Orton, and the defense and...), so I'm gonna go with the surest thing and allow you to get the most talented player of the deal... with the risks that come with him.

Moderator
Posts: 5314
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:21 am
your trade, essentially cancels all the trades, except bada's. Your trade was also the riskiest trade for me, and the only one where i wasn't giving two players for one.

but Jackson is solid player Marshall is a top 5 reciever (question is, will he even play?). This was a gamble i was willing to take.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:10 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:your trade, essentially cancels all the trades, except bada's. Your trade was also the riskiest trade for me, and the only one where i wasn't giving two players for one.

but Jackson is solid player Marshall is a top 5 reciever (question is, will he even play?). This was a gamble i was willing to take.


I rejected your trade proposal to me. No reason for me to make that trade.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron