2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
No votes

Total votes : 4

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:16 pm
IMO, i think Always should give Mason back...we addressed the matter right here on the board.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:22 pm
bada wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
GSW United wrote:hey..

all of u guys...i has a concern like TMC said to me regarding Derrick Mason...

He stay unretired ...right and that player supposed to be mine....

we all didn't know until few days ago he stay unretired and i waived him because misjudgement...

And now D.mason been picked by alwaysnext...

should he give mason back to me coz that's one of my top pick player and impossible i will waive him even he is injure but we all know what happened about D ,Mason...

if i lost D. Mason that's mean i am being treat unfair by losing one pick...

plz ..let m know what u guys decision...

here is my take... it is just my opinion, and by no means the way of the law.

I think if you personally ask alwaysnext, you can work something out. maybe he will be willing to drop him for you to pick him up. or work out a trade.

however, it was your decision to drop him thus making him a free agent. Always does not have to, and no one can or should make always drop Mason, as stuff like this is in fact part of the game. so i think this is between you and him (i.e. no one else intervening into this matter) . if he doesnt want to give Mason up, i think you are out of luck.

as harsh as it may seem, I completely agree with Mr C. Totally up to always but he should not be obliged to do it.

Mason has been rumored for two weeks to be returning. we cant account for everybody not keeping up with everything. Opens up a bad gray area.

right, the thing is Mason was rumored to be back almost immediately following his announcement. now it is not expected everyone to be on top of everything, but that's kinda the whole point of fantasy sports... having that edge based on what you see and hear.

william, mason wont make or break your season anyway bud, and there plenty of good names available. and who knows, maybe you will luck out with a sleeper
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:22 pm
GSW United wrote:hey..

all of u guys...i has a concern like TMC said to me regarding Derrick Mason...

He stay unretired ...right and that player supposed to be mine....

we all didn't know until few days ago he stay unretired and i waived him because misjudgement...

And now D.mason been picked by alwaysnext...

should he give mason back to me coz that's one of my top pick player and impossible i will waive him even he is injure but we all know what happened about D ,Mason...

if i lost D. Mason that's mean i am being treat unfair by losing one pick...

plz ..let m know what u guys decision...

if he was un-retired a few days ago, why didnt you pick him up then? I didnt get him until yesterday. it has been reported since the day after he retired that he would probably be at Ravens camp. he only retired as a reaction to losing his good friend.

if everybody thinks I should drop Mason, I will.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:53 pm
and again, this sets a dangerous precedence...

lets say later in the season I have the #1 waiver spot and I pick someone up but ealier in the day he tore his ACL during practice. Could I claim "hey, I did not hear about that before I picked him up. I want my #1 waiver spot back"?

or "hey I know I did not start my #1 QB this week because he was hurt but I did not hear he was going to play so I want to switch him into my lineup"

I certainly see GSW's point, but I dont think always should be forced to drop Mason. There was plenty of information about mason coming back AND we are still over a month away from the start of the season so GSW should have been in no hurry to drop mason anyway.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:43 pm
bada wrote:and again, this sets a dangerous precedence...

lets say later in the season I have the #1 waiver spot and I pick someone up but ealier in the day he tore his ACL during practice. Could I claim "hey, I did not hear about that before I picked him up. I want my #1 waiver spot back"?

or "hey I know I did not start my #1 QB this week because he was hurt but I did not hear he was going to play so I want to switch him into my lineup"

I certainly see GSW's point, but I dont think always should be forced to drop Mason. There was plenty of information about mason coming back AND we are still over a month away from the start of the season so GSW should have been in no hurry to drop mason anyway.

good points...i hadnt read your post or Mr. C's before i posted, but after reading them, I agree.

sorry william, but that bolded part is what got me.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:57 pm
Well...i'll go what u guys decide ...i actually tried to claim back Mason but Yahoo fantasy setting won't let me do it until today(it said wait until something waive feb 3)...but after i checked it today...it's too late.

Anyway, i also don't like to force Alwaysnext to drop Mason, but like what i said...i let u guys decide what should we do if it happen again in the future...i mean this one is different with injury or torn ACL...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Don't worry William. Always next was unlucky on the Brett Favre gamble and derrick mason doesn't all of a sudden make alwaysnext any good. I still stand by my comments he will be the wooden spoon winner
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:56 pm
Yeah, I agree with Bada and Mr. Crackerz.

There's still a season away from now, and I'll back off trying to tweak my roster 'til pre-season week 4.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:28 pm
Here is my judgment of the teams based on the draft and the recent free agent pick-ups... I'm doin a bit unconventional.

A. Team with the strongest starters (based on the past) :
1. Pawno- No Contest. strong on all positions, and acquired (or robbed) Moss from Eman
2. Bada
3. Joel/Xbay/TMC (all very good)
10. GSW

B. Team with the Strongest Bench
1. Bada- No Contest... by far the best bench in this league. Cutler, Smith, and stewart... Ridiculous
2. GSW
3. AussieBiedrens
10. Pawno- dont need a backup defense/TE... though R. Bush and now Moss are good... plus, if you can trade miller (a top 6 TE), drop bush, bench is much improve

C. Most Injury Prone (due to history and/or age)
1. Pawno- If healthy and a continuation from years past, Pawno's team is amazing. however, most his starters are over 30 (including both his RB's) and have had injury concerns recently... definitely high risk high reward
2. Bada
3. Mr. Crackerz
10 Joel- Very Durable, healthy team

D. Team with the most potential sleepers.....zzzz
1. Mr. Crackerz- My team is based on sleepers...DeShaun Jackson will become a top 10 reciever by years end... Donald brown will be the starting RB in Indy.... Percy Harvin wins ROY.. just some predictions
2. Joel- Ginn will Improve dramatically... Rice too.
3. AussieBiedrens- Palmer is Back

E. Overall Pre-Season Rankings

1. Bada
2. Pawno
3. TMC
4. Joel
5. Xbay
6. AussieBiedren
7. Mr. Crackerz
8. GSW
9. E-Man
10. Always
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:33 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Here is my judgment of the teams based on the draft and the recent free agent pick-ups... I'm doin a bit unconventional.

1. Pawno- No Contest. strong on all positions, and acquired (or robbed) Moss from Eman
2. Bada
10. GSW

1. Bada- No Contest... by far the best bench in this league. Cutler, Smith, and stewart... Ridiculous
2. GSW
3. AussieBiedrens
10. Pawno- dont need a backup defense/TE... though R. Bush and now Moss are good... plus, if you can trade miller (a top 6 TE), drop bush, bench is much improve

1. Pawno- If healthy and a continuation from years past, Pawno's team is amazing. however, most his starters are over 30 (including both his RB's) and have had injury concerns recently... definitely high risk high reward
2. Bada
3. Mr. Crackerz

1. Mr. Crackerz- My team is based on sleepers...DeShaun Jackson will become a top 10 reciever by years end... Donald brown will be the starting RB in Indy.... Percy Harvin wins ROY.. just some predictions

1. Bada
2. Pawno
3. TMC
4. Joel
5. Xbay
6. AussieBiedren
7. Mr. Crackerz
8. GSW
9. E-Man
10. Always

I love the horrible reviews, watch out when my team rolls through the season and on to the title game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:36 am
"Always" Next wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Here is my judgment of the teams based on the draft and the recent free agent pick-ups... I'm doin a bit unconventional.

2. Bada
10. GSW

2. GSW
3. AussieBiedrens

2. Bada
3. Mr. Crackerz

1. Bada
2. Pawno
3. TMC
4. Joel
5. Xbay
6. AussieBiedren
7. Mr. Crackerz
8. GSW
9. E-Man
10. Always

I love the horrible reviews, watch out when my team rolls through the season and on to the title game.

to be honest, i automatically put u in the bottom mainly for having brady and moss on your team, my two least favorite players. :mrgreen: . As a raider fan, it is essentially an unwritten rule to hate the enemy.

P.S. I am rooting for brady's backup, Kevin O'Connell, cuz he was SDSU's starting quarterback when i was attending there, so i got to see him as quarterback in nearly all the home games over a 2 year span.

P.P.S. mason was a good pickup
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:51 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

2. Bada
10. GSW

2. GSW
3. AussieBiedrens

2. Bada
3. Mr. Crackerz

1. Bada
2. Pawno
3. TMC
4. Joel
5. Xbay
6. AussieBiedren
7. Mr. Crackerz
8. GSW
9. E-Man
10. Always

to be honest, i automatically put u in the bottom mainly for having brady and moss on your team, my two least favorite players. :mrgreen: . As a raider fan, it is essentially an unwritten rule to hate the enemy.

P.S. I am rooting for brady's backup, Kevin O'Connell, cuz he was SDSU's starting quarterback when i was attending there, so i got to see him as quarterback in nearly all the home games over a 2 year span.

P.P.S. mason was a good pickup

I hate Moss and Brady as well Mr.C, but if they can produce like they did acouple years ago, they will help me shred up the league. Good thing I got Mason, Im going to lose one of my starting WRs for the first couple weeks.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:04 pm
P.P.P.S.: I'm open to trades. Particularly 2 for 1 deals that allow me to free up a spot for a K.

Only if those trades make sense, tho... The idea would be to improve both teams. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:33 pm
TMC wrote:P.P.P.S.: I'm open to trades. Particularly 2 for 1 deals that allow me to free up a spot for a K.

Only if those trades make sense, tho... The idea would be to improve both teams. :wink:

same here...

BTW, and off topic, i think lendale white was the steal of the century... dude will be amazing this year (bold prediction). Cab't believe i got him on the last round.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:58 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:P.P.P.S.: I'm open to trades. Particularly 2 for 1 deals that allow me to free up a spot for a K.

same here...

BTW, and off topic, i think lendale white was the steal of the century... dude will be amazing this year (bold prediction). Cab't believe i got him on the last round.

yes, he was a steal. no doubt
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum