2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:12 pm
xbay wrote:
bada wrote:OK, I am going with Dwayne Bowe

Good pick if Matt Cassell proves to everyone he's more than just another product of the Belichick system.

Well, I would also be fine if he is just a product of the Todd Haley system as well :)
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:16 pm
Ok my turn again....

hmmm let me pick this guy ...hopefully can help my team...

4rd Round...GSW select ...T.J Houzmanzadeh.

come on....T.J

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:22 pm
I'm gonna go with MARQUES COLSTON of the Saints.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:35 pm
aussiebiedrins wrote:I'm gonna go with MARQUES COLSTON of the Saints.

I've had Colston several times since his rookie year, and he's always been a big disappointment... but only because he hasn't been healthy. If he manages to stay healthy, he's a steal at this point. If not... you'll regret it. High risk, high reward pick.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:06 am
Hmm, on paper, i hate my team... Lot of unfamiliarity and risk. Oh well, another uneasy pick in Pierre Thomas (N.O.) please!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:25 am
Well, with Deuce out of the way, this kid should get a good amount of carries. Especially since Bush is not a feature back, only a playmaking one. Pierre showed flashes when he got the chance last season, so I think it's a good pick.

Unless Bush suddenly starts averaging around 4 yards a carry, Thomas is going to be the one running the ball while Bush catches it.
Last edited by xbay on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:25 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Hmm, on paper, i hate my team... Lot of unfamiliarity and risk. Oh well, another uneasy pick in Pierre Thomas (N.O.) please!

On paper, I hate it, too. :mrgreen:

I thought you were going QB in this round, buddy. Seems I was wrong.

xbay wrote:Unless Bush suddenly starts averaging around 4 yards a carry, Thomas is going to be the one running the ball while Bush catches it.

Yeah, I expecto Thomas to have a good season. Problem is, seems like NO is expecting somebody else (maybe Mike Bell) to be their short yardage RB, which hurts Thomas value, particularly on goal line situations.

We'll see, tho. He played well enough in the second half of last season, so it's not like it's a bad pick. I even had him in mind for next round, if still available.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:30 am
Alright, I'll take... Wes Welker. Hopefully, Tom Brady's return signals Welker's return to stocking more on TD passes.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:59 am
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Hmm, on paper, i hate my team... Lot of unfamiliarity and risk. Oh well, another uneasy pick in Pierre Thomas (N.O.) please!

On paper, I hate it, too. :mrgreen:

I thought you were going QB in this round, buddy. Seems I was wrong.

xbay wrote:Unless Bush suddenly starts averaging around 4 yards a carry, Thomas is going to be the one running the ball while Bush catches it.

Yeah, I expecto Thomas to have a good season. Problem is, seems like NO is expecting somebody else (maybe Mike Bell) to be their short yardage RB, which hurts Thomas value, particularly on goal line situations.

We'll see, tho. He played well enough in the second half of last season, so it's not like it's a bad pick. I even had him in mind for next round, if still available.

well thomas has gained about 10-15 pounds this off season so he can run more inside... he also averaged a good yards per carry and showed last season he can run well in goal line situations.. i think he will be fine.

As for the Qb thing, i am with bada... people got QB happy way too early, and their plenty of good ones still out there still (their is only 1 position for QB, and 7 have already been drafted). So if people want to start drafting QB's for their bench, by all means, do it, but i can wait and pick the best players available rather than go for a need in QB.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:22 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:well thomas has gained about 10-15 pounds this off season so he can run more inside... he also averaged a good yards per carry and showed last season he can run well in goal line situations.. i think he will be fine.

Yeah, as long as he hasn't lost any speed, he should be improved over last season. But what I'm saying is that Payton doesn't trust him (or Reggie Bush, for that matter) in short yardage situations, and that's why they signed Mike Bell and Heath Evans and considered drafting Beanie Wells.

So Thomas will still be the feature back in NO (sharing carries, but still getting the most, as Bush will get his share, but will also see lots of touches in passing downs).

Believe me, I might not know as much as you guys do about other divisions, but I'm fully aware of what happens in the NFC South... :wink:

With that said, that's the Stains plan right now. If Bell or Evans don't prove in training camp that they deserve those carries, Thomas will get them. Nothing's set in stone yet.

Mr. Crackerz wrote:As for the Qb thing, i am with bada... people got QB happy way too early, and their plenty of good ones still out there still (their is only 1 position for QB, and 7 have already been drafted). So if people want to start drafting QB's for their bench, by all means, do it, but i can wait and pick the best players available rather than go for a need in QB.

Well, I don't totally agree. I think there are three QBs above anybody else when it comes to fantasy, and those guys are already gone. You still have a deep pool of talent at QB, but everybody is a step below those three (I'm talking Brees, Manning and Brady here).
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:29 am
TMC wrote:
Well, I don't totally agree. I think there are FOUR QBs above anybody else when it comes to fantasy, and those guys are already gone. You still have a deep pool of talent at QB, but everybody is a step below those three (I'm talking Brees, Manning, Brady and Kurt Warner (Luckiest QB alive) here).

Fixed it for you...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:02 am
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:
TMC wrote:
Well, I don't totally agree. I think there are FOUR QBs above anybody else when it comes to fantasy, and those guys are already gone. You still have a deep pool of talent at QB, but everybody is a step below those three (I'm talking Brees, Manning, Brady and Kurt Warner (Luckiest QB alive) here).

Fixed it for you...

No, I didn't forget about him, buddy. For some reason, I'm not expecting an encore... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:31 am
TMC wrote:
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:
TMC wrote:

Fixed it for you...

No, I didn't forget about him, buddy. For some reason, I'm not expecting an encore... :mrgreen:

haha... Rich Gannon might of had a superbowl hangover cut too short with the games 2 best Wide Receivers but i think Kurt Warner got more left in the tank then Rich (And a safer Oline as well) !!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:55 am
I still think Brady is a risky pick...i know health science has been great in the 21st century but everyone's knee is different. I do not have compaints on you picking Brees, TMC... he is the rare exception... however, there are a couple questionable choices already at the QB slot (IMO) that i wouldnt have chosen oh so high (especially where there are at least 4 good QB's available (5 if you include JaMarcus Russell)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:00 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I still think Brady is a risky pick...i know health science has been great in the 21st century but everyone's knee is different. I do not have compaints on you picking Brees, TMC... he is the rare exception... however, there are a couple questionable choices already at the QB slot (IMO) that i wouldnt have chosen oh so high (especially where there are at least 4 good QB's available (5 if you include JaMarcus Russell)

i took Jamarcus with the 1st pick last year...

And pretty sure i finished last!!!

Anyways not making that mistake this year.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum