2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
No votes

Total votes : 4

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:54 am
i was thinkin of goin WR here...but for some reason i dont think this guy is gonna be there in 6 more picks when my turn comes back around. so im gonna do what my niners should have done and take...

Aaron Rodgers
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:12 am
its only the 3rd round and there are NO running backs damnit!! Im going to go out on a limb and take a rookie here who hopefully can thrive in a high powered offense, so my pick is Beanie Wells!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:34 am
"Always" Next wrote:its only the 3rd round and there are NO running backs damnit!!

That's not totally true.

I'm no big fan of him, but he's certainly one of the best available, and nobody on his team looks it's going to take carries away from him (even if it would be in his team's best interest), so my next pick is...

eh... sorry, that wasn't the pic:

Clinton Portis
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:33 am
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:its only the 3rd round and there are NO running backs damnit!!

That's not totally true.

I'm no big fan of him, but he's certainly one of the best available, and nobody on his team looks it's going to take carries away from him (even if it would be in his team's best interest), so my next pick is...

eh... sorry, that wasn't the pic:

Clinton Portis

Portis was heads...and my quarter landed on Tails! if it werent for his second half last season, he would have been an easy pick.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:55 am
I am not a big fan of his either but Portis is a great value at this part in the draft. well done TMC. Waiting this long for a RB did not hurt you all the much as I think too many QB's went too early.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:27 pm
"Always" Next wrote:Portis was heads...and my quarter landed on Tails! if it werent for his second half last season, he would have been an easy pick.

If it weren't for his second half of last season, he would have been a top 5 pick. And I'm getting him in the third round. I'm shocked he was available this late. I was actually thinking I'd have to go with Ryan Grant or somebody like him...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:59 pm
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:Portis was heads...and my quarter landed on Tails! if it werent for his second half last season, he would have been an easy pick.

If it weren't for his second half of last season, he would have been a top 5 pick. And I'm getting him in the third round. I'm shocked he was available this late. I was actually thinking I'd have to go with Ryan Grant or somebody like him...

Good Pick TMC I was going to take Portis as a Insurance Policy (he wouldn't of got passed the 3rd round) ... But i knew he wouldn't get passed you before i picked.

Anyhows being on the end of a snake draft im bringing in the BPA Package of

Boldin and Kurt Warner... Hopefully these boys take me to the Superbowl!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:22 pm
Nice picks, Pawno. I was wondering when was Warner gonna get picked. If he stays healthy, he should have a big season.

As for my next pick, I was doubting between two guys, but I've decided I better solve my RB problems first. Who knows?, my other guy could still be there for my next pick...

So, without further ado:

(oops, there goes a Raider... :mrgreen: )

Ronnie Brown. And let's hope the Wildcat keeps working this year...
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:33 am
Im going to go with Marshawn Lynch.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:13 am
"Always" Next wrote:Im going to go with Marshawn Lynch.

I considered picking him, but those three games he's gonna miss... Definitely a lot of value on this round, but you'll be without him for a good chunk of the season. 3 games suspended and the bye week means you won't be able to use him for 4 weeks , 1/4 of the season.

But who knows, with a good 3rd RB, you might be able to survive those few games without him.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:28 am
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:Im going to go with Marshawn Lynch.

I considered picking him, but those three games he's gonna miss... Definitely a lot of value on this round, but you'll be without him for a good chunk of the season. 3 games suspended and the bye week means you won't be able to use him for 4 weeks , 1/4 of the season.

But who knows, with a good 3rd RB, you might be able to survive those few games without him.

Thats true, Im just hoping he is huge down the stretch and in our playoffs. I will need to scrape up a good #3 guy. I forgot you went WR and QB the same rounds as me and was thinking I might sneak Portis on the way back after drafting Wells last round. I was totally unsurprised when I saw that you had taken him.....youre going to be my nemesis on my comeback picks!

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:44 pm
im not too confident in this pick..but ill go with it anyway....

Terrell Owens
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:55 pm
E-Man wrote:im not too confident in this pick..but ill go with it anyway....

Terrell Owens

Well, he is known to have a solid first year with a new team. Or maybe, that's a solid second year... hmm
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:42 pm
OK, I am going with Dwayne Bowe
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:13 pm
bada wrote:OK, I am going with Dwayne Bowe

Good pick if Matt Cassell proves to everyone he's more than just another product of the Belichick system.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum