Other fantasy leagues for those interested

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:15 am
HEY MIGYA

you say you think 1 guy has multiple accounts. I think 2 guys have multiple accounts. Or 1 guy has 4 accounts. BTmobile and Small-Ball i think have Shadow and Trifecta as fake accounts respectively. However, i think it could potentially all be one guy, as BTmobile has used Trifecta for a trade earlier if you remember. Or Small Ball and BTmobile might just be two different people who already had a deal to share the 2 fake accounts (shadow and trifecta).

Like i said earlier, we can't quit a league. the getting out option left after we started the draft. But if they continue this BS, we need to assess our options in fighting fire with fire.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:14 am
Man, so i did a trade in this league with Shaq Daddy (well he initially proposed, but i countered). I dunno if i was on PCP or something, but im tripping on why I accepted it. Can you guys give me some reassurance if im getting the better deal. Mine our the first three:

Rondo
Artest
Manu

for

Okafor
Yi
Maggette

Now i accepted it initially cuz i need more bigs, and he needs more smalls. But having Rondo and Artest on All three of my leagues can be a physique blow. Plus Manu is a star when he returns. However, i do like Okafor and Maggette, even though there down/hurt this season. Yi is as consistant as my car starting.. meaning 50/50.

Lemme know!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:36 am
fine wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:yeah, the thing about leaving a league, is that you cant really leave it. Like that window to leave expired. It had to have happen before the draft occur.

What I would be down with is if for some reason the comiss takes over again, or we continue to see this, and people want to leave, lets play their game, meaning lets make 2 super teams to counter those pricks. BUT THIS SHOULD BE A LAST RESORT.

Lets hope they just play fair so we can enjoy it. I like deep leagues, but you have to remember inn deep leagues, player values are higher then in smaller leagues.

i'm down for the super team idea, i'm looking to scale back my fantasy operations, so i'd be willing to trade away my guys. only as a last resort of course, :wink:

That is a last resort but would stick it to the bastards :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:47 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Man, so i did a trade in this league with Shaq Daddy (well he initially proposed, but i countered). I dunno if i was on PCP or something, but im tripping on why I accepted it. Can you guys give me some reassurance if im getting the better deal. Mine our the first three:

Rondo
Artest
Manu

for

Okafor
Yi
Maggette

Now i accepted it initially cuz i need more bigs, and he needs more smalls. But having Rondo and Artest on All three of my leagues can be a physique blow. Plus Manu is a star when he returns. However, i do like Okafor and Maggette, even though there down/hurt this season. Yi is as consistant as my car starting.. meaning 50/50.

Lemme know!

my initial thoughts were:

'if crackerz made a trade, crackerz got the better deal.'

im sticking with that. BUT, you could have done better, maybe getting less injury prone players in return. but you've apparently had a hard time making trades in this league. all 3 of the players you got have pretty high ceilings, non having reached their full potential yet. rondo can't do much better without a jumper, and artest < maggs (both get injured often). ginobli is the wild card, if he goes crazy when he gets back atleast you'll still have him in the other leagues.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:00 am
fine wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Man, so i did a trade in this league with Shaq Daddy (well he initially proposed, but i countered). I dunno if i was on PCP or something, but im tripping on why I accepted it. Can you guys give me some reassurance if im getting the better deal. Mine our the first three:

Rondo
Artest
Manu

for

Okafor
Yi
Maggette

Lemme know!

im sticking with that. BUT, you could have done better, maybe getting less injury prone players in return. but you've apparently had a hard time making trades in this league. all 3 of the players you got have pretty high ceilings, non having reached their full potential yet. rondo can't do much better without a jumper, and artest < maggs (both get injured often). ginobli is the wild card, if he goes crazy when he gets back atleast you'll still have him in the other leagues.

yeah he wanted Butler, Westbrook, rondo, tmac, and manu. It was a 5 player each deal proposal, i didnt wanna lose that many players, so i limited it and switched Artest instead of Butler. and kept tmac and westbrook.

And your right, no one wants to trade with me in any league. The problem when you draft well.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:01 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
fine wrote:

Rondo
Artest
Manu

for

Okafor
Yi
Maggette

Lemme know!

yeah he wanted Butler, Westbrook, rondo, tmac, and manu. It was a 5 player each deal proposal, i didnt wanna lose that many players, so i limited it and switched Artest instead of Butler. and kept tmac and westbrook.

And your right, no one wants to trade with me in any league. The problem when you draft well.

just stick with your T-Mac(MVP )....he will help u a lot..seriously as long he stay away from hospital...

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:33 pm
yo crackerz,

when dealing with "shaq daddy," how many times did you guys go back and forth with offers? was he easy to deal with or is he kind of like a car salesman?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:04 pm
fine wrote:yo crackerz,

when dealing with "shaq daddy," how many times did you guys go back and forth with offers? was he easy to deal with or is he kind of like a car salesman?

it was fairly easy with me. He proposed me first, wanted a 5 player for 5 player, i cut it down from 3 to 3. and he accepted my first counter.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:10 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

it was fairly easy with me. He proposed me first, wanted a 5 player for 5 player, i cut it down from 3 to 3. and he accepted my first counter.

thanks.

he offered me deng and ariza for my shaq and nate robinson, what do you think???

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:20 pm
fine wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

thanks.

he offered me deng and ariza for my shaq and nate robinson, what do you think???

well DANG is clearly the best of the 4 guys u said. but ariza is probably the worst. IDK, if you can find someone better then ariza in the waiver wire, then i'd do it, and just drop ariza. I dunno their numbers exactly. Ur call.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:38 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
fine wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

thanks.

well DANG is clearly the best of the 4 guys u said. but ariza is probably the worst. IDK, if you can find someone better then ariza in the waiver wire, then i'd do it, and just drop ariza. I dunno their numbers exactly. Ur call.

How balanced is your team? Is losing two forwards worth a center and guard? Shaq is having a solid year... although he only plays one game of back-to-backs. Robinson is flourishing under D'Antoni. And Ariza is a viable option for the Lakers, but I don't think he'll help you much.

I'd accept the trade if you can find someone better than Ariza. If you can't, reject it. Just my two cents...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:33 pm
thanks for the advice both of you. he made me the offer a couple days ago and i declined hoping to squeeze out rondo somehow. he won't budge on rondo so now i'm hoping he'd accept the original deal. as long as im not getting completely robbed i'm ok with this trade.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:14 am
Me and Fine just did a trade (he proposed it, i accepted it).

Im giving him:
Russell Westbrook
Jeff Green

He's giving me:
OJ Mayo
Tyrus Thomas

I'm giving him more of my assists (which already is depleated for trading rondo away), and he's giving me Mayo who's the best of the 4, and thomas, who's 2 blocks a night will help. Green and Westbrook are all around players, who will someday be great ( i assume fine is banking on it being this season, rather then later)

Thoughts?

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:35 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Me and Fine just did a trade (he proposed it, i accepted it).

Im giving him:
Russell Westbrook
Jeff Green

He's giving me:
OJ Mayo
Tyrus Thomas

I'm giving him more of my assists (which already is depleated for trading rondo away), and he's giving me Mayo who's the best of the 4, and thomas, who's 2 blocks a night will help. Green and Westbrook are all around players, who will someday be great ( i assume fine is banking on it being this season, rather then later)

Thoughts?

crackerz you made my day!! i forgot i even offered that trade. i was just looking for guys who could rack up steals, and westbrook's 5 last night already killed me in the other league. let's hope for no veto.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:41 am
fine wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Me and Fine just did a trade (he proposed it, i accepted it).

Im giving him:
Russell Westbrook
Jeff Green

He's giving me:
OJ Mayo
Tyrus Thomas

Thoughts?

crackerz you made my day!! i forgot i even offered that trade. i was just looking for guys who could rack up steals, and westbrook's 5 last night already killed me in the other league. let's hope for no veto.

yeah this trade in essence means i need to continue trading for an assist racker... with TMac being the way he is (hurt), i need another guy that can give me assists. I couldn't pass up on ROY Mayo... Westbrook is sick though
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum