H2H league 1 for 2008-09 - DONE

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:40 pm
With Baron Davis still on the board,

General Manager Pawnograffiti mulls over signing the bodyguard to a lucrative contract, The mathamatics all add up. Player leaves great organization with a chip on his shoulder to try and resurect a franchise yet again just like he had done years before with his move from N'ORLEANS to OAKLAND, Whilst the supporting cast may not be in place.... The Bodyguard has moved from a distributing Point guard to a GIMME THE BALL and LET ME SCORE Guard..

GM Pawno picks up the phone, calls Jenny Craig and asks to be transferred to Baron Davis, Whilst his phone call is connected, Pawno's seldom used beeper/pager is flashing... it's a message from the P00pusherz eccentric owner Uncle AL!!!

Pawnograffiti goes into the office where owner of the P00pusherz is idling stroking his fluffy cat and drinking a cognac in the other hand. Pawnograffiti is asked to take a seat by owner Al Davis.

AD: Thank you for coming to my office, i have decided to take over all drafting and personnel of this basketball franchise.

PaWNO: But Al, your a football man, Your Raiders franchise is going great, leave the basketball to me.

AD: I'm sorry PaWNO, But some people say i just can't cut it in football anymore, so i wanna try this game they call basketball.

PaWNO: Whatever you say boss, i got this great candidate for our 1st pick.

AD: What's his name?

PawNO : Baron... urh the Bodyguard.

AD: The Bodyguard, i like it....

PaWNO: Yeah his a big physical specimen, his like Jamarcus at the QB position butr only in basketball it's referred to as the Point Guard.

AD: Ah yes Jamarcus, My finest hour.

PaWNO: His much bigger then the other Pointguards, he uses his body to dominate his opponent and runs the floor like a Mr Bo Jackson.

AD: Ah the Bodyguard, i like him!!! Lets get him. Now i'll sign over 20 Million dollars a year for him, just give me his name so i can write it on the conract

PaWNO: Ah Baron Da-da-Daavisss???

AD: Like hell i'm having another man with the last name Davis running my basketball organization, let alone having him ruling the Bay Area, i need all the newspaper headlines to be about AL Davis not BARON Davis

PaWNO: Come on boss, this guy is the real deal!!!

AD: I said no, now don't make me release the hounds. I have someone else i'm interested in..

PaWNO: Who's that?

AD: The true definition of a Silver and Black Raider, i was reading my cheat sheet and seeing all these other franchise building around players like Chris Paul, LeBron James, Amare Stoudamire & Dwight Howard... But i judge by Championships and Trophies!!! i come from a organization where it doesn't matter how good your statline looks, but how Good you can fill my trophy cabinet.

PaWNO: You want to build around Steve Nash, Great choice the 2 time MVP Winner.

AD: No You silly dick!!! the forgotten 2 time MVP holder the man who's won more championships & MVPS then Dirk Nowitzki, Allen Iverson & Kevin Garnett combined... the man who has more MVP awards then 3 time NBA Championship winner Kobe Bryant... i'm talking about TIM MOTHERFUCKING DUNCAN!!!!
AD:

PaWNO: Excellent choice boss, with Tony Parker recently married and Manu Ginobilli out injured, our scouts predict this guy is gonna have a monster year and carry this franchise to the promise land yet again!!!

AD: Yes an Excellent Choice i must say, plus he won't be worn out from playing all that Olympic Basketball.

PaWNO: Should i draft a contract for him?

AD: It's already been done

(Al Davis evilly laughs as scene fades to black)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:39 pm
I'll take Josh Smith and Deron Williams.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:11 pm
Whilst this maybe the head scratcher of the round.

I'm taking the unproven mohawk bearing

Big things planned for this kid!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:35 pm
hey pawno...are u sure u pick this portland gorilla.... :shock:

he is unproven and yet he just recover from big injure last season....

well, if u think that's your final choice then good luck... :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:37 pm
hey miggy, where i can find the players list on this board that still available... :?:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:19 pm
This is a tricky pick, I was debating alot of other players, but with a healthy D-Wade, I think Marion will thrive. Even though the Miami Heat are awful, Marion brings good D, and D-Wade will help him out.

So I choose Shawn Marion.

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:20 pm
d1mex wrote:This is a tricky pick, I was debating alot of other players, but with a healthy D-Wade, I think Marion will thrive. Even though the Miami Heat are awful, Marion brings good D, and D-Wade will help him out.

OOh i didn't think T.O was available
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:53 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
d1mex wrote:This is a tricky pick, I was debating alot of other players, but with a healthy D-Wade, I think Marion will thrive. Even though the Miami Heat are awful, Marion brings good D, and D-Wade will help him out.

OOh i didn't think T.O was available

Yeah, did you see him in the Celebrity Game last year? He's a beast on the court for real.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:14 am
I will always wonder what would of happened if he joined the Sacramento Kings' summer league team couple years ago.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:21 am
after careful thought...

after a long intercerebral debate (not a real term 8) )...

a move that may come as a shock...

i select mr. "replace kg" himself...
Al Jefferson
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:56 am
GSW United wrote:hey miggy, where i can find the players list on this board that still available... :?:

I don't see a list on yahoo fantasy nba that is "copyable" like the other years :dontknow:

If I could still access the fantasy threads from last year, I could just copy and past them, making some adjustments pehaps from last season to this season, but they are deleted from the forum now.

There is this link that lists the top players at each position, maybe go by that as there are some 100 players listed there

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nba/news?slug=mb-keeperranks_0809

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:19 am
Right now only 10 guys have created a team on the fantasy league page for this league. jimbob and aussiebiedrins haven't yet. Pawno, you said aussiebiedrins had computer problems so he is accusable, at least until one week before the season starts, where he'll have to find a way to create his team. Jimbob, please create your team in this league as soon as possible

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:31 am
migya wrote:Right now only 10 guys have created a team on the fantasy league page for this league. jimbob and aussiebiedrins haven't yet. Pawno, you said aussiebiedrins had computer problems so he is accusable, at least until one week before the season starts, where he'll have to find a way to create his team. Jimbob, please create your team in this league as soon as possible

yeah man settle... like i told you he'll be on his pc tomorrow morning.

You got other things to worry about, like when the pawno P00pusherz draft Mike Dunleavy in the 3rd round and your empire comes crashing down :-)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:39 am
AussieBiedrins selects Steve Nash with his 2nd round pick

He'll be on here in 12 hours or so when he starts work to confirm im not making things up for him... but yeah should make the draft flow nicely now as i know TMC will be floating around in cyber land and no doubt will make his selection soon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:11 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
migya wrote:Right now only 10 guys have created a team on the fantasy league page for this league. jimbob and aussiebiedrins haven't yet. Pawno, you said aussiebiedrins had computer problems so he is accusable, at least until one week before the season starts, where he'll have to find a way to create his team. Jimbob, please create your team in this league as soon as possible

yeah man settle... like i told you he'll be on his pc tomorrow morning.

You got other things to worry about, like when the pawno P00pusherz draft Mike Dunleavy in the 3rd round and your empire comes crashing down :-)

You'll need more than some nerd fake of a basketball player to beat me buddy. or anyone else for that matter :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum