H2H league 1 for 2008-09 - DONE

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:11 am
exactly who i thought would pick up manu. fine had the number 2 waiver priority and is already locked into a playoff spot...he had nothing to lose and could wait on manu to come back before he needs him. this is like the spurs signing gooden after being waived by sac. cheap pick up that makes the team better when it counts.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:29 am
E-Man wrote:exactly who i thought would pick up manu. fine had the number 2 waiver priority and is already locked into a playoff spot...he had nothing to lose and could wait on manu to come back before he needs him. this is like the spurs signing gooden after being waived by sac. cheap pick up that makes the team better when it counts.

Good call. I knew you knew. You probably knew I knew you knew. I just didn't know what you wanted me to do. We are facing off this week, I weary of some kind of mind trick you were playing...

Manu does slow me down in the short term though, as does Kaman. Which leaves a chance that I fall out of the top 2 by the time the playoffs start. 3 teams, 2 spots...I really want the bye-week!!

edit: 4 teams going for the two spots. jimbob has the team/schedule to make up serious ground.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:29 pm
fine wrote:
E-Man wrote:exactly who i thought would pick up manu. fine had the number 2 waiver priority and is already locked into a playoff spot...he had nothing to lose and could wait on manu to come back before he needs him. this is like the spurs signing gooden after being waived by sac. cheap pick up that makes the team better when it counts.

Good call. I knew you knew. You probably knew I knew you knew. I just didn't know what you wanted me to do. We are facing off this week, I weary of some kind of mind trick you were playing...

Manu does slow me down in the short term though, as does Kaman. Which leaves a chance that I fall out of the top 2 by the time the playoffs start. 3 teams, 2 spots...I really want the bye-week!!

edit: 4 teams going for the two spots. jimbob has the team/schedule to make up serious ground.

You said it, you might fall out of the top two, making this a real bad pickup. It is unknown when Ginobili will be back and how effective he will be straight away. Really a risk and interesting to see how it turns out. Bigs must be secretly smiling at his good chance of being #1 now.

You still going to let Iverson go Crackerz or still hoping he'll magically come back in a few days?

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:49 am
migya wrote:
fine wrote:

You said it, you might fall out of the top two, making this a real bad pickup. It is unknown when Ginobili will be back and how effective he will be straight away. Really a risk and interesting to see how it turns out. Bigs must be secretly smiling at his good chance of being #1 now.

You still going to let Iverson go Crackerz or still hoping he'll magically come back in a few days?

I've got it all worked out.

Say I lose to Eman 6-3 this week, which is pretty likely. say Bigs also beats D1 6-3 this week(could be worse, but I hope d1mex does his lineups!). that would leave me and bigs tied for first, with Eman 3 games back.

Then, next week, Bigs and Eman face off while I go against Pawno.

If: Eman beats Bigs by 5-4, I just have to go 3-6 against pawno. Bigs and I get top seeds.
If: Eman beats Bigs by 6-3, a 4-5 week for me would keep me in 1st, with bigs and eman tied for 2nd.(tiebreaker to eman)
If: eman beats Bigs by 6-3. and I go 3-6, then we'll have a 3 way tie for first.(tiebreaker to eman 1st, than bigs 2nd, I fall to 3rd)
If Eman manages to go 7-2, then I just have to go 3-6 inorder to sneak into the 2nd spot ahead of bigs. a 2-7 week for me would again leave another tie for 2nd place. (tiebreaker goes to bigs, boo)

Now, if Bigs were to win the matchup, leaving eman with 4 or less cats, I would have to win 3 less cats than him in order to lose my 3 game advantage. which would be a 1-8, 0-9 kinda thing. not likely.

The 3 things that can change this is Eman laying a 7-2 beatdown on me, Bigs beating on D1mex, and Jimbob doing spectacular. Also, I don't know what effect ties have on this. But I kinda like my chances right now of making the top 2

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:06 am
migya wrote:
fine wrote:

I'm planning on deciding today if i should drop him, as whoever i pick up, i will see if they have 2 games left for replacement. The odds of dropping him are about 75% as Rondo (of course) is now hurt. But i will see if i think i can survive with him on my bench or not.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:48 am
fine wrote:
migya wrote:
fine wrote:

I've got it all worked out.

Say I lose to Eman 6-3 this week, which is pretty likely. say Bigs also beats D1 6-3 this week(could be worse, but I hope d1mex does his lineups!). that would leave me and bigs tied for first, with Eman 3 games back.

Then, next week, Bigs and Eman face off while I go against Pawno.

If: Eman beats Bigs by 5-4, I just have to go 3-6 against pawno. Bigs and I get top seeds.
If: Eman beats Bigs by 6-3, a 4-5 week for me would keep me in 1st, with bigs and eman tied for 2nd.(tiebreaker to eman)
If: eman beats Bigs by 6-3. and I go 3-6, then we'll have a 3 way tie for first.(tiebreaker to eman 1st, than bigs 2nd, I fall to 3rd)
If Eman manages to go 7-2, then I just have to go 3-6 inorder to sneak into the 2nd spot ahead of bigs. a 2-7 week for me would again leave another tie for 2nd place. (tiebreaker goes to bigs, boo)

Now, if Bigs were to win the matchup, leaving eman with 4 or less cats, I would have to win 3 less cats than him in order to lose my 3 game advantage. which would be a 1-8, 0-9 kinda thing. not likely.

The 3 things that can change this is Eman laying a 7-2 beatdown on me, Bigs beating on D1mex, and Jimbob doing spectacular. Also, I don't know what effect ties have on this. But I kinda like my chances right now of making the top 2

Wow.............bravo for getting that down and deep with the scenarios...........a little scary actually. :wink:

Can I just ask (remembering this is my first fantasy forray and how embarassing that is for all you veterans! :mrgreen:)..............what is the benefit of finishing high up or first? I mean, home court advantage cant happen because..............well, how could it?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:58 am
im taking that top spot. My team is healthy and is starting to show how dominate we are.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:22 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Wow.............bravo for getting that down and deep with the scenarios...........a little scary actually. :wink:

Can I just ask (remembering this is my first fantasy forray and how embarassing that is for all you veterans! :mrgreen:)..............what is the benefit of finishing high up or first? I mean, home court advantage cant happen because..............well, how could it?

Top 2 finishers don't have to play in the first week of playoffs. 3 seed faces 6 seed, 4 seed vs. 5 seed. Starting in the second week, 1 seed would then face the winner of 3v6, and 2 seed faces winner of 4v5.

Bye week is nice when all the teams are pretty even (like this league). Less chance of getting unlucky.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:23 pm
bigstrads wrote:Can I just ask (remembering this is my first fantasy forray and how embarassing that is for all you veterans! :mrgreen:)..............what is the benefit of finishing high up or first?

None.

Other than bragging rights, that is. :wink:

So what if there's a week in which you don't play?. Anybody can beat you on any given week, so the only think that matters is making the playoffs.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:44 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Can I just ask (remembering this is my first fantasy forray and how embarassing that is for all you veterans! :mrgreen:)..............what is the benefit of finishing high up or first?

None.

Other than bragging rights, that is. :wink:

So what if there's a week in which you don't play?. Anybody can beat you on any given week, so the only think that matters is making the playoffs.

It's a free win basically. I'd rather not take the chance of having to wade through 3 coin tosses hopping each time it lands on heads. Id rather just flip it twice.

also, provides a free week where injuries aren't a concern. (Manu, Foye, Martin, Sheed...my list is piling up)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:48 pm
fine wrote:It's a free win basically. I'd rather not take the chance of having to wade through 3 coin tosses hopping each time it lands on heads. Id rather just flip it twice.

Well, yeah, but I'd rather play that week. It gets pretty boring to just wait for the next one.

fine wrote:also, provides a free week where injuries aren't a concern. (Manu, Foye, Martin, Sheed...my list is piling up)

That I don't agree with. You players keep playing real game, so they can get injured as easily as any other week. So a bye week really adds nothing other than just see how your future rival fares.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:54 pm
You really went to work with the research Fine :wink:

I don't give a rat's what is going on, just want to get the 6th spot

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:46 pm
migya wrote:You really went to work with the research Fine :wink:

looks like you might get there. your team is on such a tear it's scaring me. if i end up the 3rd seed and you end up the 6th seed, you might be getting your revenge from last season. pawno is playing fine next week...i need pawno to either win or lose close these next 2 weeks...either that or i just need to beat fine and bigs enough to get the bye.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:06 pm
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:You really went to work with the research Fine :wink:

looks like you might get there. your team is on such a tear it's scaring me. if i end up the 3rd seed and you end up the 6th seed, you might be getting your revenge from last season. pawno is playing fine next week...i need pawno to either win or lose close these next 2 weeks...either that or i just need to beat fine and bigs enough to get the bye.

You certainly gave me a butt kicking last season's playoffs and you barely made 6th seed. It would have been fitting had you won. Just looked back at the previous seasons of fantasy league that the guys from here played in and brought back some nice memories. d1mex won it last year.

I am playing well right now and the only bad thing is the injury to JHoward, which might keep him out weeks, not days, so I might not keep him. Be nice to have a rematch with you and beat you this time, but I'd rather someone easier, as you are the best team in this league to me.

One thing I noticed a few weeks ago and it happened last year as well, is that it takes two days for a dropped player to clear waivers, though the settings are for one day. Don't know why that is

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:56 pm
migya wrote:
One thing I noticed a few weeks ago and it happened last year as well, is that it takes two days for a dropped player to clear waivers, though the settings are for one day. Don't know why that is

It probably doesn't count the day the player is dropped and starts the next one. That would explain why it takes two days.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum