H2H league 1 for 2008-09 - DONE

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:28 am
As this is fantasy and not a real roster, I'm gonna take a risk (not a really big one) here, because he probably won't be available with my next pick.

Danny knows he's joining a winner

Danny Granger

With O'Neal out of the way, Danny Granger has to become the man in Indy, and I'm sure he's gonna have BIG season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:08 am
Granger is somewhat of a reach but he is set to have a big year

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:11 am
hey miggy....i just create the players list in the first page of this thread
might not really good but maybe can be a little help .... :wink:
i will keep update the list along with the selected picks....

i might miss some good players but as long i find out i will put it in the list...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:22 am
GSW United wrote:hey miggy....i just create the players list in the first page of this thread
might not really good but maybe can be a little help .... :wink:
i will keep update the list along with the selected picks....

i might miss some good players but as long i find out i will put it in the list...

Cool. Thanks for taking the time to do so, Williams. It's gonna help a lot, particularly on later rounds.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:27 am
TMC wrote:
Danny Granger

With O'Neal out of the way, Danny Granger has to become the man in Indy, and I'm sure he's gonna have BIG season.

Congratulations, not only did you get Granger, but you also killed my spirit. He was on every one of my fantasy teams for the past 2 years...I would have drafted him first if I was in the late 1st round.

I need some tissue...good pick
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:31 am
sry im having trouble with getting in, every time i click the link it says im not part of the league and im not sure where I can log in. I dont have a yahoo acount, do i need to make one?
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:48 am
fine wrote:Congratulations, not only did you get Granger, but you also killed my spirit. He was on every one of my fantasy teams for the past 2 years...I would have drafted him first if I was in the late 1st round.

I need some tissue...good pick

Thanks, fine. I was totally sure somebody was gonna pick him in the late second or early third round, so I decided to grab him right now. Seems I did it at the right time.

jimbob631 wrote:sry im having trouble with getting in, every time i click the link it says im not part of the league and im not sure where I can log in. I dont have a yahoo acount, do i need to make one?

Yep, you need a yahoo account AND, once you have that account, you'll have to join the league using the data migya posted in the first post of the thread (the league ID# and the password).
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:18 am
jimbob631 wrote:sry im having trouble with getting in, every time i click the link it says im not part of the league and im not sure where I can log in. I dont have a yahoo acount, do i need to make one?

it's easy to reate a yahoo account...just follow the instruction and u are fine....

can't wait the season start.... :-o
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:23 am
How can you guys have missed Chris Bosh???

Oden over Bosh??? Granger over Bosh??? as 2nd round picks...........

Well, thanks for doing so............I pick = Chris Bosh.

(Are you guys getting the Redistro confused with this one??? as he went early in that one and I cant believe hes lasted this long.........ohh well!!!)

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:30 am
bigstrads wrote:How can you guys have missed Chris Bosh???

(Are you guys getting the Redistro confused with this one??? as he went early in that one and I cant believe hes lasted this long.........ohh well!!!)

bigs... i was thinking the EXACT same thing... No Bosh yet? What a crime.

i dont know u very long bigs, but knew it u weren't gonna miss out on Bosh like everyone before u. Good steal man.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:34 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

bigs... i was thinking the EXACT same thing... No Bosh yet? What a crime.

i dont know u very long bigs, but knew it u weren't gonna miss out on Bosh like everyone before u. Good steal man.

I was thinking Bosh with my pick, but I figure with O'Neal coming in that might take away a little of his production.

Either way, good steal.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:35 am

ahhhhhhh damn bigs, I was hoping Bosh would somehow fall to me, oh well. Hopefully the other guy i want wont be picked...........
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:44 am

Bosh was the other guy I had in mind for my pick, but I decided to go with Granger for a couple of reasons:

1.- Bosh misses more games than him. Not saying he can't be healthy for a full year, but he's missed 28 games in the last two years, while Granger has only missed two. That's a fact. Although we all know it's not set in stone and it may change on any given season.

2.- Granger's numbers are gonna be up, as he's now the key guy of the Pacers. The team will play around him, and having a better PG like TJ Ford should help him improve his numbers. Meanwhile, we still have to see what Bosh will do now that Jermaine O'Neal is gonna be the Raptors center. Bosh is not their only inside option anymore.

I've got nothing against Bosh. Just decided to take a slight risk and go with a player with more upside to improve for next season. It might happen, it might not, but it's worth trying, at least.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:15 am
TMC wrote:

Bosh was the other guy I had in mind for my pick, but I decided to go with Granger for a couple of reasons:

1.- Bosh misses more games than him. Not saying he can't be healthy for a full year, but he's missed 28 games in the last two years, while Granger has only missed two. That's a fact. Although we all know it's not set in stone and it may change on any given season.

2.- Granger's numbers are gonna be up, as he's now the key guy of the Pacers. The team will play around him, and having a better PG like TJ Ford should help him improve his numbers. Meanwhile, we still have to see what Bosh will do now that Jermaine O'Neal is gonna be the Raptors center. Bosh is not their only inside option anymore.

I've got nothing against Bosh. Just decided to take a slight risk and go with a player with more upside to improve for next season. It might happen, it might not, but it's worth trying, at least.

Good points man, and props to you for the "risk".............suppose thats what ultimately wins these things huh...........Granger IS going to have a great season, so its still a good pick.

Although, Miggys risk with Oden is a much bigger one though me thinks, as we dont what hes gonna be like and at best is gonna be a 13/8/2 guy...........and probably alot of turnovers and low FT%)

As this is my first time in the fantasy world, and still not knowing really all the ins and outs............I just went with the numbers, and by that I mean what players actually score points for.

With Bosh, he shoots a high percentage from the line and the field, he is going to get you 18/9/1.5 at a minimum, even with O'Neal now there.............he doesnt turn the ball over much.

The games missed is a factor when looking at Granger but hey...........the longer the play, the harder they fall! :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:22 am
C.Bosh is a good pick, a lot might think his production will drop but instead maybe it will rise coz Bosh will have more room to score and do his role by playing with J.O'neal....
U can't double on Bosh while J.O'neal play along with him and don't forget they have Kapono for 3's and Anthony parker could kill u anytime when he is free...
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum