2009 Fantasy Football

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:31 am
Just for the record...

F*CK RIAN LINDELL!!!!

My playoff hopes are pending on him not being able to score 8 (fantasy) points in tonights game.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:32 pm
My hopes are for him to score FG's from long ranges!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:13 pm
HOLY MACKEREL.....54 pts win the match up this week.... :shock:

the God of Luck must be stay overnight in my house... :D

Nice to keep my top spot and next week my Reggie Bush back...have more option who will be my starters... :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:28 pm
xbay wrote:My hopes are for him to score FG's from long ranges!

good match up to bad the 4th qtr int was over-ruled......my hope is for you two to end in a tie :wink:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:02 pm
26 yard FG = 3
31 yard FG = 3
3 PAT's = 3

9 POINTS!! HAH! Beat TMC by ONE POINT! Thank you RYAN! If it wasn't for McKelvin's kickoff return TD and Edwards rushing TD, I would of lost.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:21 am
xbay wrote:26 yard FG = 3
31 yard FG = 3
3 PAT's = 3

9 POINTS!! HAH! Beat TMC by ONE POINT! Thank you RYAN! If it wasn't for McKelvin's kickoff return TD and Edwards rushing TD, I would of lost.

HOLY F*CK!!!. I'm 5-5-1, and with only 1 more point in 3 of the previous matchups, I'd be 8-3. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Oh, and seems like Earnest is done for the season. Go me!!!. :banghead:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:50 pm
Hey fellas, this is the last week of our regular season for fantasy football. Playoffs begin next week and with the standings still very close, seedings could be decided this week.

Particular match ups to watch for:

Bada's Hawks vs Rsxracer - Rsx early winning's have resulted in three consecutive losses these last three weeks and went from 2nd to 8th. A win here for Rsx could help him climb back into the championship bracket. But a win for Bada will solidify him a spot in the championship bracket.

Raider Nation vs d1mex - d1mex has had a tough season looking from the outside in from the start. But he has a chance to play the upset card and hurt Raider Nation's bid for a spot in the championship bracket.

E-Man vs TMC's Team - TMC has had a funky season, but has a chance to sneak into the championship bracket despite the two ties. But a loss could hurt him and put him in the consolation bracket and help E-Man's cause for a higher seed, or even a bye week if the current top seeds lose.

pillaging just 4 fun vs Thunder - Along with d1mex, Thunder has been looking on the outside in since the beginning and has a chance to hurt pillaging's outside chance at that final spot in the championship bracket. He has a good chance, though, since he has scored more points than the current 4-6 seeds, so he could climb as high as 4th with a win. But he'll need help.

xbay vs Juggernaut and 'Just Win Baby' vs Pawno Poopusherz - Myself and GSW are fighting for the top seed in the playoffs, and both the Aussies have a chance to upset both of the top seeds this week. Juggernaut still has a good chance at taking a top seed for the bye week.

The only match up I didn't bring up was webelieve vs sleandres. The result of their match up will not affect the championship bracket, so that is why I did not include them.

HUGE WEEK for everyone, gentlemen. Claiming rights to winning the GoldenStWarriors.com 2008 Fantasy Football league all comes down to these last few weeks. GOOD LUCK!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:00 pm
BTW, question for all of you...

I can start up to two QB's in another league I'm in. But I'm not sure if I should go with Shaun Hill or Donovan McNabb. You all know of the McNabb situation, which scares me of starting him. And Hill has played pretty decent in his four starts.

Hill vs Buffalo?
McNabb vs Cardinals?

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:20 pm
xbay wrote:BTW, question for all of you...

I can start up to two QB's in another league I'm in. But I'm not sure if I should go with Shaun Hill or Donovan McNabb. You all know of the McNabb situation, which scares me of starting him. And Hill has played pretty decent in his four starts.

Hill vs Buffalo?
McNabb vs Cardinals?

Hey Xbay,

While I am certainly no NFL expert, I have been following this season pretty closely from a fantasy perspective, and figured I would give you my take on your QB dilemma.

The way I see it, it comes down to form. Hill has been solid lately, throwing 2 TDs in each of his last three games, and rushing for one as well. He gets decent yardage and isn't too turnover prone. McNabb, on the other hand, despite probably being a better QB, is just a mess atm. Interceptions, a low completion rate, fumbles --> basically, it's difficult to determine what might happen with him.

Now, having said that, you can look at the match-ups. Buffalo gave up 30-odd points to the Chiefs and Thigpen last week, and I can't imagine the Bills not being suspect to the 49ers passing game, even if they are at home. Then you have Arizona, who seem to be like the Phoenix Suns of years past --> let the opposition score heaps of points, but just make sure we score more than they do, which means McNabb could put up some decent numbers in that match-up.

Overall though, in my opinion, it's just too risky starting McNabb, even if he does want a chance to show he's not washed up. I'd go with Hill.

Also, good luck this week. I'm hoping for the win, get me that first round play-off bye :-o Fingers crossed people like Brees, C.Johnson and T.Jones decide to coast during their games :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:36 pm
Hey bro, thanks for responding. Nice breakdown for a guy whom doesn't follow the NFL as closely since you're not in the US.

Good luck to you. Jones and Johnson have very favorable match ups... Jones vs Broncos, Johnson vs Lions. So I'm very confident in both. But Brees does face a tough Bucs defense on the road, so I think how he performs will decide the difference in our match up. If he does poorly, you win. If he plays well, I should take this. [-o<
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:18 am
xbay wrote:E-Man vs TMC's Team - TMC has had a funky season, but has a chance to sneak into the championship bracket despite the two ties. But a loss could hurt him and put him in the consolation bracket and help E-Man's cause for a higher seed, or even a bye week if the current top seeds lose.

Funky is a considerate way to call it. I think I did alright after missing Brady in the first week of the season. But those two ties and another loss by just one point have me on the brink on the playoffs.

At least I've been lucky this past week, winning just because Micheal Turner and Lance Moore had career games in the same week.

Oh, well, I'm gonna have to beat E-Man to make it. Bring it on, bro!!!

xbay wrote:BTW, question for all of you...

Hill vs Buffalo?
McNabb vs Cardinals?

Tough call, XBay. McNabb is playing just awful (although the whole Philly offense is struggling and carrying lots of injuries). But I wouldn't expect much from Hill on the road at Buffalo.

I think I'd go with McNabb, but I'd hate to have to make that pick.
Last edited by TMC on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:21 am
yeah your luck last week booted me out of the play offs......
8)
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:50 am
JOEL wrote:yeah your luck last week booted me out of the play offs......
8)

I know, JOEL, and I'm sorry. I wish it would have been Pawno instead of you... :mrgreen:

But really, I thought it was over after the weekend, with you leading by 19 and just Lance Moore to play. Guess the luck that has been avoiding me the whole season decided to give me a chance against E-Man.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:24 pm
TMC wrote:
JOEL wrote:yeah your luck last week booted me out of the play offs......
8)

I know, JOEL, and I'm sorry. I wish it would have been Pawno instead of you... :mrgreen:

But really, I thought it was over after the weekend, with you leading by 19 and just Lance Moore to play. Guess the luck that has been avoiding me the whole season decided to give me a chance against E-Man.

Your dreaming if i'm playoff material...

Hey everyone knows im tanking it for the 1st round draft pick next season.

But then again, are we not culling the league down to 8 or 10 teams next season??? Do they weak survive ??? I'd hate to miss out on a chance at redemption.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:34 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:But then again, are we not culling the league down to 8 or 10 teams next season??? Do they weak survive ??? I'd hate to miss out on a chance at redemption.

Of course the weak survive. We'll need some comedic relief next season, too. :mrgreen:

Nah, really. I don't see a reason to have a smaller league next year. I just want all the members that join to be really involved, and not leave the league after a couple of weeks if they start losing. That's what kills a league, not size.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum