2009 Fantasy Football

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:21 pm
GSW United wrote:well.. i pretty much rely on Romo...also i don't have good TE.

Favre in my team will end up on the bench coz i prefer Romo in the starting line up....

Wish T.G can do something special...

so i am thinking it's better i have another useful player than superstar sitting on the bench...well...no pain no gain.. :mrgreen:

That's true. Still can't forget that he has the Madden Curse.

Franchise Player
» Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:26 pm
xbay wrote:
GSW United wrote:well.. i pretty much rely on Romo...also i don't have good TE.

Favre in my team will end up on the bench coz i prefer Romo in the starting line up....

Wish T.G can do something special...

so i am thinking it's better i have another useful player than superstar sitting on the bench...well...no pain no gain.. :mrgreen:

That's true. Still can't forget that he has the Madden Curse.

The Madden Curse...

Hey the Madden Curse has been and gone for Favre, he got traded to the Jets :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Role Player
» Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:19 am
Hey everyone

For those who haven't read my post on the Yahoo page, I'm Josh from Australia. I finally got around to joining up to the forums. I'm really looking forward to the season :-o

I don't have much to add right now, except to say that I hope that Favre and Coles can work things out, cause I need Coles to play well. Either that, or TO just puts up some kind of monster numbers :-o

Anyway, hopefully I can start making some useful comments, rather than just reading them.

Josh

Franchise Player
» Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:41 am
aussiebiedrins wrote:Hey everyone

For those who haven't read my post on the Yahoo page, I'm Josh from Australia. I finally got around to joining up to the forums. I'm really looking forward to the season :-o

I don't have much to add right now, except to say that I hope that Favre and Coles can work things out, cause I need Coles to play well. Either that, or TO just puts up some kind of monster numbers :-o

Anyway, hopefully I can start making some useful comments, rather than just reading them.

Josh

Welcome Josh!!!

This is my friend everyone who playing in the boozehounds team.

Just wanted to give you all a quick background on Josh. Big Time Dallas Mavericks fan and the sucker lost 20 bucks to me when i bet Warriors to beat them in the 1st Round of the playoffs in 2007.

Since then his taken a liking to Nellieball and Beans is definately a player he resembles... tall, white athletic monster who can hit any shot in the paint.

All Star
» Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:56 am
ANY SHOOT ???? :shock: wow :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
» Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:34 am
Welcome, Josh. :hello2:

A pleasure to have a friend of one of our members join this board. Well, it wouldda been better if that friend weren't Pawno, but we'll try to accept you with an open mind. :mrgreen:

All Star
» Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:26 pm
hm im sitting here looking at my team,and im pretty confident to say the least....

QB-Marc Bulger This is my weakest link in my opinion
RB-Brandon Jacobs
RB-Jamal Lewis
WR-Randy Moss
WR-Lee Evans
WR-Andre Johnson
TE-Alge Crumpler
K-Joe Nedney
DEF-Jacksonville

My recievers are pretty boss,and my half back spot aint looking to bad either jamal hopefully will have a similair season he was what 5th last year in the nfl overall rushing right?And brandon jacobs is alright.Te is decent and im pretty happy with my defnese,although i may do something with my defnese that will just shock the league so watch out/

Franchise Player
» Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:33 pm
RB-Brandon Jacobs
RB-Jamal Lewis
WR-Randy Moss
WR-Lee Evans
WR-Andre Johnson
TE-Alge Crumpler
K-Joe Nedney
DEF-Jacksonville

I really dont like your running backs. You need to have one big play back, a guy that can break the game open, and neither Jacobs nor Lewis can do that. They are both big bodies that will get touchdowns, but not solid yards.... especially Jacobs. B-

Your recievers are great. Moss and Johnson are both studs, and Lee Evans is the only option on his team. You are fine there. A

Crumpler is another solid player, a good pickup. B+

You can't go wrong with Joe Nedney, especially because he is a Niner. They will get him a lot of field goals because they can't score TD's. A-

Also Jacksonville is a great defense. One of the best. A

Overall, I would give you a B+.

All Star
» Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:35 pm
yeah i understand what you mean that is my hugest problem with my backs is i dont have a lt/ap type i have pound it out type of backs no real explosive running backs.

All Star
» Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:30 pm
webelieve wrote:yeah i understand what you mean that is my hugest problem with my backs is i dont have a lt/ap type i have pound it out type of backs no real explosive running backs.

doesnt matter all that much though...you need like 10 yards to get a point in fantasy with RB's...a touchdown gives you 6 points. id rather have a guy thatll pound it for 40 yards and get 2-3 TDs a game like bettis used to, than someone who will have 100 yards rushing a game. those guys with 100 yds/game rushing are the most proned to fumbles too.

All Star
» Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:51 am
E-Man wrote:
webelieve wrote:yeah i understand what you mean that is my hugest problem with my backs is i dont have a lt/ap type i have pound it out type of backs no real explosive running backs.

doesnt matter all that much though...you need like 10 yards to get a point in fantasy with RB's...a touchdown gives you 6 points. id rather have a guy thatll pound it for 40 yards and get 2-3 TDs a game like bettis used to, than someone who will have 100 yards rushing a game. those guys with 100 yds/game rushing are the most proned to fumbles too.

then their is also that RB who is on a team that will throw to him.....as in AP.......

All Star
» Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:32 am
JOEL wrote:
E-Man wrote:

then their is also that RB who is on a team that will throw to him.....as in AP.......

yeah..but those are guys that you HAVE to get in the first few picks otherwise you wont find them unless theyre sleepers. theres only one LT and only one AP...beyond that there arent many explosive RBs that can go for 90ypg with 1-2TDpg AND gain receiving yards/touchdowns.

Franchise Player
» Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:54 am
Well, got my draft this weekend. Leave tomorrow morning and will be back on Sunday night. Can't wait!

We rented a kick ass 8 bedroom house near South Lake Tahoe. Draft on Saturday complete with strippers maning the draft board... (among other things... :evil2:

and lots of :drinking: :drunken:

Hall of Famer
» Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:24 pm
bada wrote:Well, got my draft this weekend. Leave tomorrow morning and will be back on Sunday night. Can't wait!

We rented a kick ass 8 bedroom house near South Lake Tahoe. Draft on Saturday complete with strippers maning the draft board... (among other things... :evil2:

Sounds good, sounds good...

Do you have room for another one? :wink:

Have fun, bro.

All Star
» Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:37 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:Well, got my draft this weekend. Leave tomorrow morning and will be back on Sunday night. Can't wait!

Sounds good, sounds good...

Do you have room for another one? :wink:

hope you brought in the ring toss girls :shock:

Have fun, bro.