Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:15 am
lets start this ****!!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:49 pm
i have added all players to their appropriate teams and officially started the season! good luck .
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:31 pm
Beast Mode wrote:i have added all players to their appropriate teams and officially started the season! good luck .

Huh? Is this a bug? Didn't know Beastmode was commish... Or is Pawno hacking Beast's account?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:41 pm
JREED wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:i have added all players to their appropriate teams and officially started the season! good luck .

Huh? Is this a bug? Didn't know Beastmode was commish... Or is Pawno hacking Beast's account?

slow day at work, told pawno to make me co-commish and i'd set the teams all up. took maybe 10-15 min.

also, everyone check your email for the yahoo draft recap. i received an A and am projected to win the league:

Draft Grade: A

Honor students like yourself belong in the Toyota Hall of Fame. Nominate yourself now.

Coinciding with a juicy draft position (second overall), Beast Mode had an outstanding performance. They're projected to finish first in GSW Deathmatch League with a record of 10-3-0 (1,333 points). Beast Mode loaded up on ballcarriers early, using three of their first five picks to scoop up RBs Ray Rice (first round), Alfred Morris (second round), and Lamar Miller (fourth round). That early positional investment yielded one of the most prolific sets of RBs in the league.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:07 pm
AUSSIEbiedrivel will give his own team a grading A+

#lovestotalksmack

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:09 pm
Pawndog, I got given an A 8)

That DRAFT RECAP is a really cool feature. I got projected to finish third:

Although they selected 11th overall, Team Megatron came through with a solid draft performance. They're projected to finish with a record of 9-4-0 (1,347 points), placing them third in GSW Deathmatch League. Team Megatron stocked up on pass-catching weapons early on, using three of their first five selections to pick up WRs Calvin Johnson (second round), Larry Fitzgerald (third round), and Victor Cruz (fourth round). Going hand-in-hand with that early investment, they acquired the highest-scoring set of WRs in the league.

So third place, but with more total points than Beast; no surprise, really.

Putting it out there, I am most definitely going to crush everyone in this league. I see 12-1-0 in the regular season for me.

Let's get this party started! :bday:
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:16 pm
I got a C, but it seems I lost a lot of points on D, where I figure KC will surprise the most, they had a great D even last season, but their offense was so poor that you can't see it in the stats.

And how in the name of god is starting TE of the Tennessee Titans projected to get the fewest points out of all our last round picks? :roll:

Screw that...we're back in the game!

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:17 pm
Really excited to have to face both Beast Mode and AussieBeans twice this season. I feel like things are falling into place for my team.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:19 pm
I got a B grading.

Doesn't help that it says my biggest reaches were 1st round Darren & 15th round Terelle.

I wonder if my report card would of been graded differently had I put McCoy 1 & DMC 2.

Also the gradings might be flawed if there was anything like

Great steal selecting Chcago/Seattle/SF DEF in the 15th round.

This keeper rule of def/kicker won't be happening next year. Ill float a diff proposal & will see how people feel about it after the season.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:40 am
PAWNO wrote:I got a B grading.

Doesn't help that it says my biggest reaches were 1st round Darren & 15th round Terelle.

I wonder if my report card would of been graded differently had I put McCoy 1 & DMC 2.

Also the gradings might be flawed if there was anything like

Great steal selecting Chcago/Seattle/SF DEF in the 15th round.

This keeper rule of def/kicker won't be happening next year. Ill float a diff proposal & will see how people feel about it after the season.

you should change it to something like if you want to keep your defense/kicker, you have to give up a 10th or 11th round pick. retaining the kicker/defense another season should actually cost you something.. a 15th isnt enough.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:07 pm
Yeah well as fine pointed out.

it's kind of unfair that i posted this rule ammendment post 2012 draft. it should of been set out pre 2012 draft. I tried looking at history of pre\ 2012 draft & i couldn't see where it's been stipulated.. maybe i might search the 2011 thread.

What i'd like to do next season is we have our keeper draft (top 2 locks) but we integrate a procluding season value of 1 or 2 rounds for keepers.

So for example if you grab Teddy Bridgewater in the 10th round of the 2014 GSW Deathmatch, then in 2015 he is worth a 9th round pick.

I like this format because A) the last rounds help for people taking gambles on prospects leaving more older talent to be snapped up in the later rounds etc!!! meaning teams might be stronger year to year & then you could trade midseason for a players prospects over a star.

I think we've all been doing this offline forum enough (5 years or so) & the managers turnover hasn't been that signifigant to warrant more of a dynasty approach as opposed to a keeper approach. In the dynasty model... I am totally down for Top 2 Keepers at the top of the 1st & 2nd round. but as the years progress that guy you grabbed in the 4th round of 2014 will have to justify keeping him in the 2nd round of 2016 only because how well he has progressed.

Maybe we could tinker the scale such as a 2 round value as they progress year to year.. but lets cross that bridge next year when we work out numbers for 2014 GSW deathmatch!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:19 pm
Dec 27 2012. Infamy.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:16 pm
f1n3 wrote:Dec 27 2012. Infamy.

Good spotting & valid logic as to why this rule needs to be dumped next season.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:48 am
I got a D Rating... haha, so if I beat you guys this year, get ready to be embarrassed.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:00 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I got a D Rating... haha, so if I beat you guys this year, get ready to be embarrassed.

lol you actually have a potentially good team. brees is nice, your receivers are probably 2nd best in the league .. your tight end is below average but your rbs are the real problem. you better hope Tate lands a starting gig ... if he does than you could be a top 3 team.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum