GSW DEATHMATCH 2012

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:30 pm
HAHA, all you guys a killing me right now, laughing so hard, reason being this years niners defense will not only be shutdown as they were last year but will also continue causing alot of turnovers. Their defense will yield an easy plus 5 to the closest/2nd best defense in the league add constistency to the equation and there some serious smacking going down.

And am not a homer/not a niner fan, a raider fan actually, this is business.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:42 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:HAHA, all you guys a killing me right now, laughing so hard, reason being this years niners defense will not only be shutdown as they were last year but will also continue causing alot of turnovers. Their defense will yield an easy plus 5 to the closest/2nd best defense in the league add constistency to the equation and there some serious smacking going down.

Well I cant fault you there. "this is business"

Some people might not remember but I took Jamarcus Russell in the 1st round in my 1st season of fantasy football.
guess what position I came. :mrgreen:

#dontmixBusinessWithPleasure

Also the reason why Niners turnover ratio is so good is because of Harbaugh development of Alex Smith. I remember when that fool use to drop back & get sacked and eat grass.. harbaugh turned that bust into something compotent that you can hang your hat on each Sunday.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:01 pm
PAWNO wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:HAHA, all you guys a killing me right now, laughing so hard, reason being this years niners defense will not only be shutdown as they were last year but will also continue causing alot of turnovers. Their defense will yield an easy plus 5 to the closest/2nd best defense in the league add constistency to the equation and there some serious smacking going down.

Well I cant fault you there. "this is business"

Some people might not remember but I took Jamarcus Russell in the 1st round in my 1st season of fantasy football.
guess what position I came. :mrgreen:

#dontmixBusinessWithPleasure

Also the reason why Niners turnover ratio is so good is because of Harbaugh development of Alex Smith. I remember when that fool use to drop back & get sacked and eat grass.. harbaugh turned that bust into something compotent that you can hang your hat on each Sunday.

That's an excellent point also, concerning the work Harbaugh has put into Smith, what he did is simplify the playbook for him, short passes and running the ball. For me this translates to low scoring games, less points by the opposite teams, and a defense that stout and relied heavy on.

Jamarcus, :D , someone was on that hype tough eh. As a raider fan I do not know that name :mrgreen:

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:05 pm
Defense is such an inconsistent category each year in Fantasy NFL. But having said that, the 49ers would be the closest defense to being classified as a "sure thing". I wouldn't pick a defense this early, but don't necessarily disagree with people who do.

It will be interesting to see how the next few rounds play out. Once the big names are off the board, it comes down to who can uncover sleepers or guys who will make the leap. Pay attention Beast; if you watch my fantastic draft selections, maybe you can pick up a few pointers :D

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:17 pm
Tough one. I'll grab Jeremy Maclin.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:51 pm
DeSean Jackson
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:05 pm
I understand you guys are all excited about the niners defense and all ... but look at the numbers.

Niners D scored 169 fantasy points last season
Bears 163
Ravens 161
Texans 146
Seahawks 147

.. thats a 23 pt difference from the best D to the 5th best D. Divide that over a 14 or so game fantasy season and thats less than 2 points a game.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:37 pm
It can be said that I drafted a round too early, but when I am in the play-offs and winning it will make sense.

I might have over exaggerated on the 5-plus points compared to the second best team, but this defense is a sure thing, had to go with a sure thing instead of a risk.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:48 pm
I'm just shocked to hear pawno give any love to Alex Smith. Beastmode is right though, what too many fantasy managers fail the realize is that it's not about the player and how good he is, rather its all about how much better is he than someone else you can pick up later.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:01 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:It can be said that I drafted a round too early, but when I am in the play-offs and winning it will make sense.

I might have over exaggerated on the 5-plus points compared to the second best team, but this defense is a sure thing, had to go with a sure thing instead of a risk.

You drafted them a minimum of 3 rounds too early.

JREED wrote:Beastmode is right though, what too many fantasy managers fail the realize is that it's not about the player and how good he is, rather its all about how much better is he than someone else you can pick up later.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:10 pm
Thanks for the input guys, I do appreciate it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:33 pm
Not love for Alex.. love for Harbaugh & the work he has done.

Alex is a nice QB now. Not someone who pays the fantasy bills but he doesnt turn over the ball.

really interested to see the time bomb hall of famer wide receiver they bought in & how his chemistry is with Alex.
Could be a season like last year (NFC Championship game) or could be a train wreck.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:59 am
Steve Johnson.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:12 pm
Ok Joel said to post his picks on behalf of him

He wants 2 RB's... So he selects

Johnathon Stewart (Car - RB)
DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:15 pm
PAWNO wrote:Ok Joel said to post his picks on behalf of him

He wants 2 RB's... So he selects

Johnathon Stewart (Car - RB)
DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)

The worst draft ever gets ever worse... Handcuffing in rounds 6-7...
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum