Rush vs Nate: Early Offseason Debate

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Who would you rather retain after the season?

Poll ended at Thu May 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Brandon Rush
46%
Nate Robinson
15%
Both
38%
Neither
No votes

Total votes : 13

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:52 am
Tyler's salary will count against our cap as long as we accept his team option. It doesn't matter if he starts in the d-league or not.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:13 am
Alright no doubt. So you're saying either way, we're going to start off above the cap next year?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:15 am
8th ave wrote:
Guybrush wrote:They wouldn't have to, if they just amnestied Biedrins. Hopefully they'll find a way to deal away Dorell, Richardson or even Lee. So we can have some flexibility and opportunity to get good players.

Under the most recent CBA, you're only allowed one amnesty provision which we already used on Bell. We're very financially strained for the next 2-3 years. I'm not going to even mention that we haven't even extended Curry yet. It's Luxury tax or bust, man.

I know it's just one, I was thinking of that one we used on Bell, and on how many levels that was a fail for our team. And I was thinking that we could avoid luxury tax for the next season, I know it will be harder later on, with Curry's new contract, etc. But, maybe we will clean some space until then, we have some players that will leave in a year or two, that will make us some room (Wright, Biedrins, Jefferson). Even if we don't trade them before that, we will still open up some room later on.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:18 am
The cap is set at about 58 million, but luxury tax is only paid after about 70 million I think.

What that means is that either the team can pull off a great trade getting rid of either AB or RJeff or both this offseason (unlikely) or they can do the same thing next offseason, when those two are expirers after the season after, making them attractive in a trade. Likely one more season for financial strain, but really, the team could be in great position to sign one or two very good players in just over one year.

As I said before, I'd like to get Iguodala and Turner off Philly, as now is the best time to do it it looks like and that would require giving them one of the two bad contracts we have.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball