Closing Out Games

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:31 pm
32 wrote:Well, going off that, Monte Poole wrote a provocative article for this morning's Mercury titled "Warriors Appear Ready To Move Past Ellis Era". Within it, he suggests that Ellis wasn't as sick as advertised and, instead, Jackson simply preferred to play Klay Thompson in the 4th.

That would be really interesting because Mark Jackson said that Ellis was the 3rd best SG in the league. But if we're ready to trade, I'm down to trade Wright and Ellis for a SERVICEABLE center. Not even a decent center. Hopefully we can get some more cap relieft and maybe make 2 big signings this upcoming off-season. And as a cherry on top, hopefully we get a top 7 pick.

Life of a Warriors fan. Always hoping for some **** that ain't gonna happen...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:41 pm
8th ave wrote:
32 wrote:Well, going off that, Monte Poole wrote a provocative article for this morning's Mercury titled "Warriors Appear Ready To Move Past Ellis Era". Within it, he suggests that Ellis wasn't as sick as advertised and, instead, Jackson simply preferred to play Klay Thompson in the 4th.

That would be really interesting because Mark Jackson said that Ellis was the 3rd best SG in the league. But if we're ready to trade, I'm down to trade Wright and Ellis for a SERVICEABLE center. Not even a decent center. Hopefully we can get some more cap relieft and maybe make 2 big signings this upcoming off-season. And as a cherry on top, hopefully we get a top 7 pick.

Life of a Warriors fan. Always hoping for some **** that ain't gonna happen...

Continuing with the Fitzgerald references, Bob sounds like he wants Kaman in the offseason (and won't stop suggesting Golden State bring back Kwame Brown).

I don't want Kaman cause... well... I'm shallow. :roll: He just looks like a Bond villain to me.

Although the more attractive signing options (BLopez, JaVelle McGee) are RFA and their respective teams would be crazy not to match for them.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:10 pm
Do you guys think we could actually do something with Robin Lopez? He might have potential as much as his brother, maybe he just needs a different scenery and more minutes to be consistent. I think we could get him cheap as well, and see if he is worth anything until the end of the season, and if he's not, then go for some better FAs or trade.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball