What's the deal with Tyler?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:41 pm
Can anyone explain what exacly are we doing with this kid? We suck big time in center and he does't play. If they believe that he is not ready why don't they send him to D-league? I thought we bought that team for a reason. The kid will never learn if he doesn't play. How much worse than AB is he? If he can't find 5 min of ball time with this starting center when will he play?

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:22 pm
Becoming an NBA player isn't all about basketball skill. He has some maturing to do and maybe Jackson and co. wants to keep an eye on him and get to know him better before sending him off to the D-League. The D-league is filled with basketball mercenaries and maybe that's not the best environment for Tyler at the time. Plus, up here Tyler can still get practice time with NBA players and be coached up by NBA coaches.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:32 pm
TRON wrote:Can anyone explain what exacly are we doing with this kid? We suck big time in center and he does't play. If they believe that he is not ready why don't they send him to D-league? I thought we bought that team for a reason. The kid will never learn if he doesn't play. How much worse than AB is he? If he can't find 5 min of ball time with this starting center when will he play?

The problem is Mark Jackson rookie head coach and he guarantee playoffs. Tyler is a raw player just like any young big man he going to make mistakes. Coach Jackson can't have that because Tylers mistakes will cost this team playoff chances. You might not believe Warriors can make it to the playoffs this season, but try to convince Mark Jackson that after he guarantee this team will make it to the playoffs this season.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:00 am
He never played more that 1 min, how many mistakes did he made? He is not a PG. Most of this times he barely touched the ball. Last night AB had the whopping 0 pts to go along with 2 rbs in 17 min. How can Tyler be worse? And if he can be worse that means something. Give him 5 - 10min for a game and see what happens for col.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:19 pm
I was at the Blazers game where Tyler got extended tick against Kurt Thomas. Definitely raw, but the rook was easily the most active player up and down the court. He hustled every minute, out-ran his opposite number, and definitely proved that, - while the best is yet to come - an agile, energetic big man is something Mark Jackson can't help but play.

Tyler's range isn't 3-point land by any means, but he'll surprise you with a step back jumper out to 18 feet. He's the hot, younger sister of other options (Biedrins, Barron) that are so unattractive, we fans have been made to watch Lee and Udoh split center minutes (like a horrific acid flashback of nellieball). I contest that whichever Warrior center can watch Lee's back on defense and put in the most consistent buckets on the low block will win the playing time. Tyler certainly seems more promising that Biedrins, whose looking more and more like he's made his money and wants to go back gone to Latvia and bang his undoubtably blonde trophy wife.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:47 pm
he is earning more minutes, and has stolen some mins from McGuire, which is good. I think he will start to be the backup Center going forward and maybe by the end of the year we can see what he really has to offer.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:57 pm
I would prefer to give that kid every chance i can because, i don't believe i can get a better player out there. Look at what they are asking for Kaman. Tyler can give me lot better numbers than Kaman by the end of this year given time and guidance. With a proper summer workout program he can be an asset next year. And there is more chance he will be loyal to the club that believed in him in the first place. AB really disappointed me. And the way he plays we can't get reed of him.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:07 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:he is earning more minutes, and has stolen some mins from McGuire, which is good. I think he will start to be the backup Center going forward and maybe by the end of the year we can see what he really has to offer.

McGuire (and Lee, for that matter) provide solid production, but upset the order of things when they're forced to play a bigger position. They're tough rebounders, but neither are going to send back a baby hook from a 7-footer. And imagine how much glass the Warriors get with them at the forwards and Tyler inside. It makes too much sense.

I suppose my FAVORITE thing about Tyler vs Biedrins is the motor variable. Dre looks checked out; he wants more tick, but refuses to play on offense for fear of going to the line, and his defense is either weak and clean or it's incredible, but lasts for 6 minutes before he picks up his 3rd foul. Jeremy Tyler is interested in learning the game, he hustles, he WANTS to be there. I know there were maturity issues circulating around draft time (and perhaps those will surface if he obtains more recognition), but if you compare the demeanor of this kid to someone like DeMarcus Cousins... I mean, it's night and day. I can't imagine Cousins hooting for his teammates at every timeout during a string of DNP's, or protecting his coach with the RIGHT answer everytime a reporter dangles the "team needs inside help, are you upset you aren't playing" bait question. He knows his role, he's a team-first guy with a positive demeanor, and - nobody can argue - with kids who have all the tools in the world, attitude is everything. What's the difference between Jeremy Tyler and Anthony Randolph?
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:42 pm
32 wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:he is earning more minutes, and has stolen some mins from McGuire, which is good. I think he will start to be the backup Center going forward and maybe by the end of the year we can see what he really has to offer.

McGuire (and Lee, for that matter) provide solid production, but upset the order of things when they're forced to play a bigger position. They're tough rebounders, but neither are going to send back a baby hook from a 7-footer. And imagine how much glass the Warriors get with them at the forwards and Tyler inside. It makes too much sense.

I suppose my FAVORITE thing about Tyler vs Biedrins is the motor variable. Dre looks checked out; he wants more tick, but refuses to play on offense for fear of going to the line, and his defense is either weak and clean or it's incredible, but lasts for 6 minutes before he picks up his 3rd foul. Jeremy Tyler is interested in learning the game, he hustles, he WANTS to be there. I know there were maturity issues circulating around draft time (and perhaps those will surface if he obtains more recognition), but if you compare the demeanor of this kid to someone like DeMarcus Cousins... I mean, it's night and day. I can't imagine Cousins hooting for his teammates at every timeout during a string of DNP's, or protecting his coach with the RIGHT answer everytime a reporter dangles the "team needs inside help, are you upset you aren't playing" bait question. He knows his role, he's a team-first guy with a positive demeanor, and - nobody can argue - with kids who have all the tools in the world, attitude is everything. What's the difference between Jeremy Tyler and Anthony Randolph?

I would just like to see Biedrins more on the court...he can't be consistent when he plays for 8 minutes, and then goes out for two quarters, just to be brought back in in the fourth for 6-7 more minutes. You can't see what he can do that way. And, also, I don't like this small ball nonsense. We're getting over rebounded on regular basis now and destroyed from the paint, yet, we play Lee and Udoh at center. So, when Dre is not in the game, I wanna see Tyler playing the center position. Our season is not gonna change a lot for the better, and I'm starting to think that it would be better if it doesn't, so why not see what we have in Klay, Tyler and Jenkins? The only reason probably is our stubborn coach (who I still wanna see out of here) who promised us playoffs.

Oh, and 32, I agree on most things with you, glad you started sharing your opinions here as well. I also agree on that thing where you said that Tyler and Cousins are night and day when it comes to attitude. I just wanted to pint out one thing, though, Cousins was a high pick and he had his head in the clouds for quite a while. Tyler on the other hand, was said to have made a mistake for going abroad so early and I think he realized that he did screw up some things and has come back to ground since, and is willing to prove that he understand everything about the game, and how it works, and wants to be a successful player and teammate.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:05 pm
Oh, the comparison of Cousins to Tyler was purely based on maturity. I'm more than happy to admit that Cousins is supremely skilled and worthy of his high pick. Tyler is working with physical potential, which is harder to expound upon. Cousins is a natural at this game; he's a heady passer, a slick low-post artist, and evokes flashbacks of when big men played like warriors in this league (prior to the ticky-tack, charge-taking nancies who like to spot open 3's now). Cousins is a top 10 NBA center to me; maybe not statistically, but in the immeasurable ways he can help a team win.

Thanks for the welcome, GuyBrush. It's been a while since I've been here, but I'm looking forward to the dialogue. This place was badly in need of new blood when I left and from the looks of it, help has arrived. I love the fresh perspectives added from true, real fans of this squad. I'll try my best to contribute a different perspective on the topics we all love discussing. Just so somebody told you, I'll get it outta the way good and early: I can be a bit cocky with my opinions on this team, but I do my homework, I watch every minute of these games religiously, and I promise to never be hard-headed or stubborn if it's a topic I don't know about hehe. :mrgreen:

Hmmmm, with all this talk about a center, I feel the need to start a new thread in the NBA forum...
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:13 pm
Yeah, I understood that it was maturity based mostly, I just wanted to say that Tyler had hit the ground once, so he knows his limitations, and seems humbled now. While Cousins on the other side might fall if he doesn't get his head straight. :)

Nah, I don't mind cocky attitude, I'm the same way, though mostly when I watch my country, but still not far away when it comes to Warriors as well. All is good, as long as we watch the games and have some ground for stating our opinions. And, yeah, this place is getting livelier each day it seems.

Go ahead then, I'm in a mood to blabber so it seems. :)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:26 pm
So, flat out (and, to preface the question, I'm a huge fan of his): is there anyone here that's ready to annount Jeremy Tyler the Warriors' center of the future?

... Or all we all just hoping Lacob shells out for Javelle McGee?
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:06 pm
32 wrote:So, flat out (and, to preface the question, I'm a huge fan of his): is there anyone here that's ready to annount Jeremy Tyler the Warriors' center of the future?

... Or all we all just hoping Lacob shells out for Javelle McGee?

Admittedly, I haven't really seen much of McGee nor have I considered us acquiring him, but I don't see the Wizards not matching any offer we throw at him. He's a UFA after this season so I imagine who ever gets him will have to pay.

On a side note, nice to see you back on here 32, it's been a while.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:52 pm
Good to be back, bro. You have no idea how relieved I am to see you as a moderator. Hope to be around as often as I can, bro.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:24 am
I don't now if anybody keeping an eye on the kid but he is doing well. He must get his rebound up, and for the moment he is fouling to often in his eagerness to defend, but boy can he score at both PF and Center positions.
I would prefer personally to send AB to Dleague and recall Tyler to be my backup center. I believe AB will never get out of the misery he is in without playing time. Playing 30+ minutes may get him going again. If not send him away, he is a dead waste.

Next

Return to Warriors Basketball