Trade Monta already!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:51 pm
32 wrote:I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm all for the trade! I think Biedrins and Udoh combine for like 8.5 in 37 minutes. I think Lopez alone can give you 7 or 7.5 in similar minutes, but the incredible offensive upgrade inside, combined with the outside shooting of this team, is a slam dunk.

And as a bonus, trade gives you the freedom to play Udoh at the 4 and McGuirre at the 3. It ups the rebounding totals for the front court, as a whole. Imagine holding a lead with 10 seconds to go out of a timeout... You're obviously bringing Udoh and McGuirre, but now you can leave Lopez in the middle, too, eliminating the need to go small or leave Lee in during key defensive possessions.

And have I mentioned that I LOVE the encyclopedia of options that open up when you put Lee and Lopez together on the other end?

Don't get me wrong I'll take the risk with Lopez rebounding deficiency and foot problem, but it Warriors management we are talking about in constructing a deal that can go through and work which I don't trust they can handle.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:01 pm
And why is Brook's injury such a big problem here? I mean, the guy got hurt this season, but in his first 3 seasons he played in all of the 82 games each season. I wouldn't say that his foot is gonna be that big of a problem. People do get injured, it does happen...but it doesn't mean every time that that injury is going to be an issue until the end of his career.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:11 pm
Here is what Steinmetz thinks about the trade:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors ... eedID=2539
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:19 pm
I guess I'm just a little paranoid of foot injuries, when it comes to big men. 7 footers seem exponentially higher in risk when it comes to feet. Shaq, Walton, Yao, Oden. Sure, centers power through a lot of pain, but they're pretty vulnerable below the waist.

That being said: it would be a non-issue if Stephen Curry didn't already look like he was gonna be the editor-in-chief of the disabled list. Star potential with massive injury risk is the most depressing thing to see. Portland just broke my heart shortly after I recovered from the TMac-Grant Hill dicktease... And the Brand-Darius-Maggette Clippers team before that.

Brook Lopez and Steph Curry is REALLY nasty, but both have foot injuries with the potential of being chronic. Just something to consider as they both enter the territory off signing big money extensions. :-k
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:43 pm
Good read from Steinmetz... Couple thoughts:

1, Offensively, I give Lopez more back-to-the-basket credit that he does. I've seen Brook consistently go to a medium arc hook shot that seems like a pet move. I also don't buy the comparison to David Lee (offensively), as I see David Lee most similarly to a crafty face-up guy, - like David West - while I'd associate Lopez to someone equally comfortable in a BTTB stance or a FO: Pau Gasol. I'd say that's a pretty big difference. Both are clever... But Lopez is a more versatile overall option, while Lee (fair in the low post) is an absolute wizard facing up.

2, Defensively... Matt has a point about the lack of rebounding or raw toughness coming from Brook Lopez. Thing is... what are they getting out of Andris Biedrins that's so irreplaceable to the flow of the team? If you ask me, the simple fact that Lopez clogs the middle and likes to cherry pick blocks, concurrently with a PF like Lee who never contests, but always works hard to be in the rebounding fray... It's a match made in heaven. They both excell at what the other is lacking in. The combination has worked flawlessly through time: Ewing and Oakley, Ostertag and Malone, Lambeer and Mahorn... Hell, look at where Chandler and Nowitski's polar opposite strengths got Dallas? If David can clean up 11 boards and night to Brooks's 6, that's 2 guys grabbing you over 8 a piece. If Lee gets a block every 2 games, while Brook gets you 3 in the same span, that's a block per game tandem...

And boys, if I haven't beaten it to death yet... The way these two would score the rock... I mean, Jesus, look at where Memphis' team of volume shooting, streaky wing players ended up after the MGasol-ZBo tandem gelled!? Having 2 legit options on offense that can pass and make plays and om any given Sunday drop 30 bucks cause they're talented scorers... I mean, gentlemen, teams that sport twin towers that exploit the weak link on the other team's less talented positions... They go deep in the postseason, my friends. I'm so unbelievably sold.

WE WANT BROOK. MAKE IT HAPPEN, MR LACOB!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:58 pm
We all are, 32, you're preaching to the wrong choir. Go and make Lacob pull the trigger on this deal, lol.

Anyway, here are some news of potential trades involving Warriors:
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... ht-howard/

So, again you have that mentioned. I can't see that ever happening now...but I guess it just keeps us in the conversation with Magic and that deal with Howard in general. As the one where we would get Lopez.

Cause here you have PBT mention that other trade, involving Lopez at the top of the article:
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... ors-begin/

I don't know, when I saw the one where they connect us with DH12 again, I thought they just wanna makes us hope something will happen. But after that second article, I think we really are biting hard for that trade.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:07 pm
I think we should throw in Lee if it'll make either team pull the trigger. I'm more willing to part ways with Lee because I'm confident that Udoh could be a serviceable starting power forward. The thought of Howard and Udoh starting next to each other leads me to think that it'll propel us into one of the better defensive teams in the league. Although Howard could do that all by himself, pairing him up with Udoh will make us that much better defensively. The Lopez-Udoh pair is intriguing as well. Udoh will have to anchor the defensive end, but offensively we'd be a lot more potent.

If this were to happen though, hopefully we'd be able to take some expiring contracts back. Orlando doesn't look like they have any, but if we were to make the deal with New Jersey, Okur should be sent to us to make the deal work.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:17 pm
8th ave wrote:I think we should throw in Lee if it'll make either team pull the trigger. I'm more willing to part ways with Lee because I'm confident that Udoh could be a serviceable starting power forward. The thought of Howard and Udoh starting next to each other leads me to think that it'll propel us into one of the better defensive teams in the league. Although Howard could do that all by himself, pairing him up with Udoh will make us that much better defensively. The Lopez-Udoh pair is intriguing as well. Udoh will have to anchor the defensive end, but offensively we'd be a lot more potent.

If this were to happen though, hopefully we'd be able to take some expiring contracts back. Orlando doesn't look like they have any, but if we were to make the deal with New Jersey, Okur should be sent to us to make the deal work.

I can buy the Howard-Udoh frontcourt... But would I give up Ellis AND Lee to get Lopez?

HELLLLLL no. Brook isn't worth our two best players. Not by a long shot. IMO, he's barely worth Ellis.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:23 pm
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:I think we should throw in Lee if it'll make either team pull the trigger. I'm more willing to part ways with Lee because I'm confident that Udoh could be a serviceable starting power forward. The thought of Howard and Udoh starting next to each other leads me to think that it'll propel us into one of the better defensive teams in the league. Although Howard could do that all by himself, pairing him up with Udoh will make us that much better defensively. The Lopez-Udoh pair is intriguing as well. Udoh will have to anchor the defensive end, but offensively we'd be a lot more potent.

I can buy the Howard-Udoh frontcourt... But would I give up Ellis AND Lee to get Lopez?

HELLLLLL no. Brook isn't worth our two best players. Not by a long shot. IMO, he's barely worth Ellis.

At first glance it isn't that appetizing, but consider a few things. Would you continue to build a roster around Ellis-Curry-Lee, or would you make the trade and build around a Curry-Lopez combination? I'd rather do the latter because like I said, if New Jersey sends us Okur as well, it'll give us a lot of money to get that 3rd piece, maybe a bonafide small/power forward. I understand Lopez has to be extended, but we'll be getting rid of both Ellis' and Lee's contract so that'll still give us extra money in addition to the cap space we already have to acquire someone through free agency.

I know we'll suck immediately after the trade, but it's not like we are going anywhere this season anyways. We have to look to the oncoming years and build for the future because this current roster is not going to get us into playoff contention.Honestly, I'm just sick of the same ass **** year after year. It's time we take a risk. No guts no glory.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:41 pm
Warriors are better off losing this year and getting one of the top 7 picks; this team is unlikely to make the playoffs.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:55 am
Ellis + Lee would be pushing it. Lee has a fat contract but he's a borderline allstar giving us 20 & 10 this year.
Ellis for Lopez would be amazing. I think by default we have to have more confidence in the new owner to be more ready to pull the trigger + have better judgment than any past FO.

I'd even entertain a Rondo for Curry trade. Rondo is a game changer who can stir a team. Curry is good, but he's not the floor general that Rondo is. It's also a huge upgrade on D and his contract is a steal. The Celtics are trying to unload Rondo and I can't believe the W's would reject that deal.

just to add Rondo to the pot in a blockbuster deal...

Warriors get Rondo + B Lopez (Rondo / Klay / D Wright / D Lee / B Lopez = playoffs)
Celtics get Curry + Biedrins
Nets get D Howard
Magic get Ellis & Okur
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:04 am
Okay. YOU'RE the gm of the nets/magics. Would YOU make a straight up trade sending Howard/Lopez for Ellis? Didn't think so. People want change but they don't want to commit to what it's going to take. People want all-stars, but they won't throw what it takes to get one. People want to win, but they want the same roster. Ellis won't be enough. End.of.story.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:10 am
They'd be getting Okur's $10mil expiring also and maybe throw in someone's draft pick.
On 2nd thought, maybe we don't even need the Magic to be a part of it.

it's realistic to have deals centered around

Ellis for B Lopez
Curry for Rondo
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:20 am
rockyBeli wrote:They'd be getting Okur's $10mil expiring also and maybe throw in someone's draft pick.

Ellis for B Lopez
Curry for Rondo

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fuk it... While we're at it...

Ellis for :
Bynum
Howard
Bogut
Chandler
Noah
Hopefully as you're reading through this you'll start to realize that it won't happen. Just like how Lopez-Monta straight up won't happen.
Horford
Nene
Hibbert
Gasols
McGee

:roll:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:48 am
8th ave wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:They'd be getting Okur's $10mil expiring also and maybe throw in someone's draft pick.

Ellis for B Lopez
Curry for Rondo

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fuk it... While we're at it...

Ellis for :
Bynum
Howard
Bogut
Chandler
Noah
Hopefully as you're reading through this you'll start to realize that it won't happen. Just like how Lopez-Monta straight up won't happen.
Horford
Nene
Hibbert
Gasols
McGee

:roll:

centered around Ellis. Throw in Udoh and what have you, make it work. This rumor is out there already and it's not as far-fetched as you're making it sound. Curry for Rondo is a possibility because Celtics already offered that.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball