Warriors gather around!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:39 pm
By Warriors in this thread, I mean us, fans, cause we are the Warriors as well. Just wanted to have a thread where we will get positive and pump up for the season which is about to begin. I see people not being pleased that much with moves (or the lack of them), JREED being one of them :mrgreen: , and they have every right to be unhappy if they feel like it. But, with some positive thoughts, we will forget about free agency that didn't go as we planned or hoped.

So, here it is, for the good season, and hopefully playoffs, with guys we have on our roster. I'll cheer for them, whomever they be by the time the season starts.

Here are some highlights, to get us all pumped, and for looking positively into the future, by remembering that we have some hack of a players in our team already. Funny thing though, in all of these three clips I left, there's the same song in the background, and they're not made by the same person. Had to wander what's the reason for it. :)

Go Warriors! :D
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:09 pm
Also, on 49ers forum someone said that somebody should make the same type of forum for Warriors. Some other guy mentioned him that "state of mind" site, and I took a chance to promote us a bit as well. :)
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:33 pm
Thanks Guy. Anyone know if Saturday's game is on TV??
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:29 am
hobbes wrote:Thanks Guy. Anyone know if Saturday's game is on TV??

It's on NBA tv, I don't know if it is on local programming
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:55 am
And I heard NBA is giving a free game pass for the games until the 9th of January as well.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:12 am
second worst period of not having basketball (everyone's becoming a GM) is practically over.
now for some real stuff, real plays, tactics, strategy, real loss and win.
did i mention how undermanned and underarmed army of Alexander defeated persians at Gaugamela? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Gaugamela)

this is where true beauty and genius resides.

i'm excited, and it will take more than 40 losses to take it away from me.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:32 am
Guy wrote:By Warriors in this thread, I mean us, fans, cause we are the Warriors as well. Just wanted to have a thread where we will get positive and pump up for the season which is about to begin. I see people not being pleased that much with moves (or the lack of them), JREED being one of them :mrgreen: , and they have every right to be unhappy if they feel like it. But, with some positive thoughts, we will forget about free agency that didn't go as we planned or hoped.

F this thread and F the warriors, mother F'ers!!! :letitallout: :letitallout: :letitallout: JK, I'm excited, I hope Beans and Co prove me wrong - that crow would taste sweet.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:58 pm
I hope the Warriors can make the playoffs this year. I really do. Do I think it will happen? Probably not.

At the same time though, I'm just a fan. Please prove me wrong Mark Jackson.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:47 pm
I was hoping for a nice pickup during the offseason, but I am still excited about the team we have.
We have some great young talent and our starting lineup has not changed, but they will be going into the season fully healthy.
Last year we went into the seaon with David Lee and Lou having injuries, and then Monta got hurt, and Curry's ankle bothered him most of the year. We didn't really have a backup big, vald an Dan got plenty of minutes... Udoh was out.

But now we have our team and they are young, but still have talent and experience:
PG - Curry 3rd season (23 years) - Jenkins 1st (22 years) - Smith 2nd ( 23 years )
SG - Ellis 7th season (26 years) - Thompson 1st Season (21 years) - Ubiles 1st season (25 years)
SF - Wright 8th season (26 years) - McGuire 5th season (26 years)
PF - Lee 7th season (28 years) - Udoh 2nd season (24 years) - Amundson 6th season (29 years)
C - Beans 8th season (25 years) - Brown 11th season (29 years) - Tyler 1st season (20 years)

Ellis, Wright, Beans and Brown all came out of highschool, so even though they have 7+ seasons under their belt, they are still young and should be entering their prime.

The AVG age of the starting lineup: 25.6
The AVG age of the team: 24.7

No one is over 30 going into the season. That is a pretty young group of guys, but they have experience becasue they started so early.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:24 pm
The best thing is that front office signed players in the position's we needed on 1 year contracts. That means that the Warriors may have a lot better options for trades in January or summer. Plus if the season goes wrong the next summer crop from college is loaded with talent, if it goes wright we will be in a lot better position to sign a big name.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:43 am
We didn't sign a big name player to our roster, but we did improve quite a bit. Check this out.

Out starting 5:
PG - Stephen Curry
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Dorell Wright
PF - David Lee
C - Andris Biedrins

So, that remains the same, that's where the big name guy would fit in somewhere. And, we didn't do anything there, but look at our depth from last season, and look at it now.

Last season bench:
PG - Acie Law, Jeremy Lin
SG- Reggie Williams, Charlie Bell
SF - Al Thornton, Vladimir Radmanovic (PF as well)
PF - Ekpe Udoh (played C also), Jeff Adrien
C - Gadzuric (until traded)

That's one really crappy bench, no doubt.

Here's the new bench:
PG - Charles Jenkins, Ish Smith
SG - Klay Thompson, Brandon Rush
SF - Dominic McGuire (Rush and Thompson will play SF as well, most likely)
PF - Ekpe Udoh
C - Kwame Brown, Jeremy Tyler (will come in at PF in my opinion)

Heaven and hell when you compare the two. PG position was awful when Curry was out, now we have Jenkins, who I think will be really good, and Ish Smith showed some promise, but I haven't seen him yet.

On SG we had Reggie, and now we have Rush, who I think is better all around player than Reggie, and he's also great shooter like Reggie. And along Rush, we drafted Klay, who, hopefully, will be a great player.

SF position got better because as far as I saw last night McGuire is quite a useful player, great defender. We haven't had that before. Thornton could score, but only from inside, and his defense was not good.

PF will be a lot better, cause Udoh will play there, not center position.

And at center we will have Kwame, who is miles better than Gadzuric, and might be better than Biedrins even, as a backup. And, we also have Tyler who seems like a decent defender, and he's rebounding really good. Still raw, but with time, might become really useful. He could play PF as well during the season.

So, yeah, I think we improved quite a bit actually. On defense mostly.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:50 pm
Defense is the key. If our starting 5 can play improve on defense and if beans can improve then we have a great team. This team is really young at average of unde 25 years, and that was before trading Lou who was our oldest player. If we can start winning and keep them together, don't give up on them when times are tough, I think we will have a pretty special squad.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:12 pm
I am excited that we have Mark Jackson as the new coach, nuff said Go Dubs.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:24 am
I don't think anyone can argue that this team looks deeper then last year.
Again, it is still a young team with a lot of pieces needing to develope for them to make it to the playoffs.
Look at our youth after the trade:

PG - Curry 3rd season (23 years) - Jenkins 1st (22 years) - Smith 2nd ( 23 years )
SG - Ellis 7th season (26 years) - Thompson 1st Season (21 years) - Ubiles 1st season (25 years)
SF - Wright 8th season (26 years) - Rush 4th Season (26 years) - McGuire 5th season (26 years)
PF - Lee 7th season (28 years) - Udoh 2nd season (24 years)
C - Beans 8th season (25 years) - Brown 11th season (29 years) - Tyler 1st season (20 years)

The AVG age of the starting lineup: 25.6
The AVG age of the team: 24.5

No one is over 30 going into the season. 9 of them are signed all the way through next year. All of our key guys except backup center.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:01 pm
Updating this:

PG - Curry 3rd season (23 years) - Robinson 7th (27 years) - Jenkins 1st (22 years) - Smith 2nd ( 23 years )
SG - Ellis 7th season (26 years) - Rush 4th Season (26 years)
SF - Wright 8th season (26 years) - Thompson 1st Season (21 years) - McGuire 5th season (26 years)
PF - Lee 7th season (28 years) - Udoh 2nd season (24 years) - Chris Wright 1st (23 years)

Average Age = 24.6

Im am trying to find a list of the NBA league wide average age, but so far can't find it.
Last I heard we were the second youngest team in the NBA.... explains some of our problems... but still our key guys have been around for a while.

Next

Return to Warriors Basketball