It seems like the west just keeps getting weaker and weaker.
Dallas lost it's starting Center. NO lost it's PF, and PG. Denver is a mess.
here is last years standings:
1- San Antonio
15 - Minesota
I usually as a rule of thumb say 2 teams will not make it to the playoffs from the previous year, leaving 2 new teams to compete for spots.
Here is my BOLD predictions for 2012 standings:
1- OKC (Their bigger, better and more confident then last year. Having KP for full year will make a huge difference in their D).
2- Lakers (They under achieved last year.. should have put up a better fiight in the playoffs. The loss of Odom will hurt.)
3- Dallas (Lost some key pieces, but they picked up some good vet pieces, not as good as last year but not terrible)
4- San Antonio (Window is closing but still loads of talent)
5- Memphis (new confidence and finally learning to play together)
6 - LA Clippers (CP3, Billiups and Buttler are great verteran additions)
7- GSW (if we can play D, we can make the 7th spot no problem)
8- Portland (Good team. Like the addition of Felton. Injuries are hurthing them and depth may be an issue)
9 - Houston (Still have good Core, but not sure about McHale, and no new rooster pickups that are exciting)
10 - Pheonix (Old. Old. Their young guys are not that good. It's a hard schedule for that old of a team)
11- Minesota (Lots of talent, and they will learn to play better as year goes on under new coach)
12 - Sac (They have load of talanet, but are very inexperienced and make mistakes)
13 - Denver (3 best players not named Nene are in china)
14- Utah (they were plumbting after Williams left and Sloan quit)
15 - NO (they barely have a team... Gordon best player, with 2 centers being the next best... Kaman and Okofur)
Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
: 2010 - 2011
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
we're not making the playoffs
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
Interesting prediction. Though I too think the warriors will not make the playoffs (we always find a way to lose).
HERE ARE MY BOLD PREDICTIONS:
1. OKC (team is loaded with talent... Perkins is coming in 32 pounds lighter).
2. Dallas (defending champions... they will find pieces to stay competitive)
3. Lakers (when Nash is traded to them during midseason, the Lakers will have a solid starting 5... weak bench though),
4. Memphis (team is returning all key players... they are 1 year older, meaning more experience and chemistry. Possible Dynasty).
5. Clippers (CP3 and Griffin show)
6. San Antonio (still old, but still will be able to make it to the playoffs)
7. Sacramento (the talented misfits FINALLY return to the playoffs are lead by Marcus Thorton, Evens, Cousins, Crawford, AK47, and JIMMER).
8. POrtland (team will surprise many and squeak on by for a win.
9th: Warriors... they play good enough where they ruin themselves out of a good draft pick, but poor enough where they miss the playoffs once again.
Hall of Famer
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Poster Credit: 33
Thing is, talent on the team is not getting any higher and will not make the team better comparably any time soon
migya make the ring fall on ya
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest