Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:01 pm
heres the link to shut the rumors, he aint going anywhere

http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2011/12 ... -warriors/

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:08 pm
Good to hear, I wouldn't have wanted Curry to leave.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:37 pm
Of course they "assured" him that he isn't on a trade block. If the proposed trade falls through, we would have one unhappy player on our roster, and we would have either to trade him for some worse player, because all of the league would know that he wants to leave, or he would leave after his contract expires for nothing.

I don't know how, in a right mind, you wouldn't deal Curry for Chris Paul. I'll be the first one to say that teamwork, friendship among players, family like relations between everyone in the club are the most important things, not the business side, and I really mean it. But, Curry was supposed to have a breakthrough season last year, after that good rookie start, but he didn't. I was expecting to see more play making abilities, but I didn't. So, why anybody wouldn't take a player who improves any kind of team by far with his play making abilities, can play (and does play) defense, and still can hit jumpers, and plus he can drive it to the basket with ease, is beyond me.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:22 pm
at the end of the day, no super stars would want to come to the warriors. And even though we got chris paul we are not 100% sure if he would sign the extension with the warriors. if he leaves next yr.. then we r so fked. id rather keep curry and add size

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:47 pm
Personally I think it's worth the risk. Sure there is no guaranteed Paul will sign, but the thought of contending is well, worth it. I know some might argue why would you mortgage the future, but I ask you one question... What future? We have two itty bitty guards and a PF whose strength doesnt solve our weakness as a team.

Get Paul for Curry and either Udoh or klay but not both (truth is they are really after just curry). I would even throw in a second rounder if we even have one. Then go after Chandler with an AB amnesty. Wonder if we have any shot at trading for Howard...
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:22 pm
There's talk that the W's are willing to trade Ellis to NO even if Paul doesn't guarantee an extension.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:39 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:There's talk that the W's are willing to trade Ellis to NO even if Paul doesn't guarantee an extension.

Yep...that was mentioned on this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9899&start=15
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:29 am
Guy wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:There's talk that the W's are willing to trade Ellis to NO even if Paul doesn't guarantee an extension.

Yep...that was mentioned on this topic:
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtop ... 9&start=15

Yup so is all of this... locked

Return to Warriors Basketball