Houston takes Beans off our hands *almost*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:56 pm
I like to read what the fans posted, most of them would welcome Beans:

Could Andris Biedrins Be The Next Rockets Center?
http://www.thedreamshake.com/2011/6/24/2241964/could-andris-biedrins-be-the-next-rockets-center
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011

All Star
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: SF
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:07 pm
Surprised to see so many of them willing to bring in Beans AND/OR Monta. Kind of a desperate group of posters there.

Someone proposed:

Monta/Beans for Martin/Scola - not the perfect fit for GS but not bad value in return
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:03 pm
Firstly, we're looking for anyone to take AB off our hands, that's how things are right now in relation to him. Houston wants him, alrighty then, let's just see what we can get for him. Monta and AB for Martin and Scola, I think Scola does a bit more than AB, but yea, pretty awkward and really I think it's give the same result, likelt Scola regressing soon as well if he were here. Martin is a shooter and less of a slasher than Monta and that's worse for the team as it is built right now with the roster.

I'd look for a very good Center first, but if no other trade could be found and this one could be done, I'd do it
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:03 am
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:59 am
I would do it even for expiring contract's or draft picks. If i go to the FA market with 20 mil to spent i get the best center available. Then i would trade Monta for a starting SF and i could start dreaming.
Image

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:35 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:18 pm
They should trade Biedrins for Robin Lopez or package him with a future 1st rounder for Bynum.
Watch Free Mobile Porn - http://m.myjizztube.com
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:36 pm
GSW4life wrote:They should trade Biedrins for Robin Lopez or package him with a future 1st rounder for Bynum.


you tryin to challenge me for best avatar?!?!?! [-X [-X [-X [-X
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:39 pm
GSW4life wrote:They should trade Biedrins for Robin Lopez or package him with a future 1st rounder for Bynum.

That wouldn't be close to enough for Bynum....


and please keep Kevin Martin as far away from this team as possible. You think Monta is a ball dominant player?

Moderator
Posts: 5353
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:13 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
and please keep Kevin Martin as far away from this team as possible. You think Monta is a ball dominant player?


agreed. He is my least favorite NBA player (along with LeBron), so I want none of that in my NBA team.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:52 pm
I don't know if anybody would want Martin here...I can't stand the guy either.
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:44 pm
http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2011/06 ... -biedrins/
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image

All Star
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: SF
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:59 pm
Pretty much solely due to this thread I do not want to trade Biedrins anymore. Unless it is for someone >6'10'', >240 lbs, and who has good defensive experience.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:56 pm
8th ave wrote:
GSW4life wrote:They should trade Biedrins for Robin Lopez or package him with a future 1st rounder for Bynum.


you tryin to challenge me for best avatar?!?!?! [-X [-X [-X [-X




You could be beaten................ Need to up your game
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 930
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:24 pm
Location: Rock Island, WA
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:59 pm
I think Biedrins just needed a change of scenery..hopefully the coaching changes will be enough to get him out of his mental slump. I can see him coming back to his old self with a new look in the front court..in fact, if we don't trade him, that's my prediction..seeing him get double-doubles more frequently again.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:58 am
Knightofoceans wrote:I think Biedrins just needed a change of scenery..hopefully the coaching changes will be enough to get him out of his mental slump. I can see him coming back to his old self with a new look in the front court..in fact, if we don't trade him, that's my prediction..seeing him get double-doubles more frequently again.




Back to double doubles would be great, definately enough for me to say keep him at least until he is a expirer. That's not all AB needs to do. He needs to be healthy and not injured much and perhaps the most important thing is he needs to not get outplayed by most of the guys his matched up against, which has happened most of the time in his career
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 2803
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:43 am
migya wrote:
Knightofoceans wrote:I think Biedrins just needed a change of scenery..hopefully the coaching changes will be enough to get him out of his mental slump. I can see him coming back to his old self with a new look in the front court..in fact, if we don't trade him, that's my prediction..seeing him get double-doubles more frequently again.




Back to double doubles would be great, definately enough for me to say keep him at least until he is a expirer. That's not all AB needs to do. He needs to be healthy and not injured much and perhaps the most important thing is he needs to not get outplayed by most of the guys his matched up against, which has happened most of the time in his career


I agree with you 100%.

AB also needs to start making at least 70% of his free throws..
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests