West hinting that Monta's on his way out?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:25 pm
Read through the last few pages and the trade of Monta for Iguodala has always been one I'd do and actually I mentioned over a year ago. As has been said, Iggy is a very good defender and a much better allround player than Monta. An improvement right there and then getting rid of AB would be the next move, but that could possibly be done in that Monta for Iguodala with Philly, in getting another big contract or two back, maybe even Brand, if we also add a bench player to Monta and AB.

Then, try getting JSmith by offering Lee and DWright, Atlanta throws in required salary for it to work. If such a trade could also be done, that's Iguodala and JSmith attained for Monta and Lee, excluding other players given and received in such trades. That's a big improvement to me, though many have other opinions. Defense is the first clear thing seen that's better and allround skills also does if you look at it.

If you can't get JSmith from Atlanta and Clips are offering out Kaman, try trading Lee for Kaman and fillers. Kaman is a better defender and equal rebounder to me, can score pretty well also. Defense improves again

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:41 pm
migya wrote:Read through the last few pages and the trade of Monta for Iguodala has always been one I'd do and actually I mentioned over a year ago. As has been said, Iggy is a very good defender and a much better allround player than Monta. An improvement right there and then getting rid of AB would be the next move, but that could possibly be done in that Monta for Iguodala with Philly, in getting another big contract or two back, maybe even Brand, if we also add a bench player to Monta and AB.

Then, try getting JSmith by offering Lee and DWright, Atlanta throws in required salary for it to work. If such a trade could also be done, that's Iguodala and JSmith attained for Monta and Lee, excluding other players given and received in such trades. That's a big improvement to me, though many have other opinions. Defense is the first clear thing seen that's better and allround skills also does if you look at it.

If you can't get JSmith from Atlanta and Clips are offering out Kaman, try trading Lee for Kaman and fillers. Kaman is a better defender and equal rebounder to me, can score pretty well also. Defense improves again

your trade proposals drive me insane... in fantasy basketball AND warrior basketball

:banghead:
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:47 pm
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:Read through the last few pages and the trade of Monta for Iguodala has always been one I'd do and actually I mentioned over a year ago. As has been said, Iggy is a very good defender and a much better allround player than Monta. An improvement right there and then getting rid of AB would be the next move, but that could possibly be done in that Monta for Iguodala with Philly, in getting another big contract or two back, maybe even Brand, if we also add a bench player to Monta and AB.

your trade proposals drive me insane... in fantasy basketball AND warrior basketball

:banghead:

Alright mate, just keep those girl pics coming

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:39 am
http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/ ... ee/4986283

i guess he is on his way out for sure
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:20 am
If they see Lee as a more important player than Ellis...I can't say that we're going in the right direction.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:58 am

You always seem to ignore one important aspect in your trade proposals - the other team. Just because a trade works for us doesn't mean the other team would even CONSIDER it. You really think Atlanta would trade Josh Smith for David Lee? I mean really... run these ideas by an 8 year old before you post them.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:17 pm
Beast Mode wrote:

You always seem to ignore one important aspect in your trade proposals - the other team. Just because a trade works for us doesn't mean the other team would even CONSIDER it. You really think Atlanta would trade Josh Smith for David Lee? I mean really... run these ideas by an 8 year old before you post them.

lol

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:47 pm
Just read a good little article from Matt Stiemntz(spelling?).

Why trade Ellis and not Curry?
If you are preaching defense, Ellis is a better defender and always will be a better defender then curry.
Curry is not quick enough and not strong enough.

To add on to what he said, you could package Curry with another player you are trying to get rid of to bring someone special back.
I wouldn't trade either, but just pointing out that the argument to trade ellis because of defense just doesn't make that much sense.
In more ways then 1. Of course it depends on who you are getting backs.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:23 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Just read a good little article from Matt Stiemntz(spelling?).

If you are preaching defense, Ellis is a better defender and always will be a better defender then curry.

To add on to what he said, you could package Curry with another player you are trying to get rid of to bring someone special back.
I wouldn't trade either, but just pointing out that the argument to trade ellis because of defense just doesn't make that much sense.

you have to look at contracts as well... iggy for monta straight up works... curry makes about a 3rd of what iggy makes... nah mean?

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:12 pm
Beast Mode wrote:

Well, Atlanta wants a Center to move Horford to PF. Lee has played Center alot and rebounds better than JSmith, maybe even scores better, so Atlanta could see him as a viable option

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:21 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Just read a good little article from Matt Stiemntz(spelling?).

I don't see Curry as a great PG, especially after he did about the same, looks like less sometimes,than he did in his rookie season. He does't get alot of assists and is still pretty average defensively. I'd trade him for a established PG, but Curry's contract is small so it is't easy. I've always wanted CP, but getting him would be real hard obviously. A package of Curry and maybe the draft pick in this draft could land of of the great PGs

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:15 pm
migya wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

Well, Atlanta wants a Center to move Horford to PF. Lee has played Center alot and rebounds better than JSmith, maybe even scores better, so Atlanta could see him as a viable option

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:23 am
lee played out of position when he was in new york....

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:42 am
8th ave wrote:lee played out of position when he was in new york....

Alot of so called Centers are PFs playing out of position.

Trade proposals are just that, proposals. People forget what a hot commedity Lee was coming out of New York last offseason. He has alot of worth, even still as he didn't exactly have a woeful season here, so he can get value in return.

The team needs changes and getting the required pieces is what's needed. That, ofcourse, does not mean something like Monta for Beasley and a filler or something like that that makes the team even worse :wink:

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:38 am
Don't know if he's speaking the truth or trying to boost Monta's value but here is the words from Lacob interview with Kawakami:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2011/06/10/joe-lacob-on-mark-jackson-i-wanted-somebody-with-a-fresh-approach/

-Q: How realistic is it in your mind that Monta Ellis will be traded?

-LACOB: I don’t think he will be. I mean, you want me to give odds now? There’s a tremendous amount of speculation in the press, and I can’t believe where all this is coming from… because the stories are completely fabricated, by you or whoever. I don’t know who’s fabricating them.

They’re fabrications, complete and utter. All these teams that supposedly have talked to us. It’s not true. It’s just not true.

I’m not saying we haven’t had any discussions, we have. But it’s nothing like what’s being reported.

We all really like Monta Ellis a lot. We think he’s a great player. The question will be, like with every other player on the team–is there someone we think makes more sense, that could be better, make us a better team?

If that happens and we think we can get a good deal, then we’d consider doing it. Every other player… no one’s excluded from that.

But I would say right now, if I had to bet, Monta Ellis is going to be on this team.

-Q: Have you had discussions with Monta telling him he might be traded?

-LACOB: I’ve had that discussion and Larry has had that discussion with everybody, saying look, things do happen in this business. And they get that. But there’s no… it’s not imminent that Monta Ellis is being traded.

-Q: That is being reported by other people…

-LACOB: Other people who have an agenda. People need to think about where that comes from. It’s not us.

-Q: And yet many trades happen that are denied and denied, right until they happen.

-LACOB: I’m not saying it couldn’t happen. I’m just saying, go talk to Mark Jackson about Monta Ellis and you’re going to hear something very interesting.

He thinks he’s a very, very, very good player. And not somebody you should trade unless you’re going to get a very, very, very good player back in return.

And there’s also the business side—do the contracts make sense? If you’re going to bring back somebody in a trade, you’ve got to make sure that they fit in the context of your whole team and the terms of the cap structure…

You’ve got to think about all those facts when all those rumors are out there.

-Q: When you look at those two guards, are you happy with that?

-LACOB: I think you should go to Mark Jackson and ask him what he thinks. We’re going to consider every option to make ourselves better, I’m not going to deny that. Draft, free agency, trade, we’re going to look at them all.

But right now, he’s part of our team. We’re very excited he’s part of our team and the plan as we sit today is to have him be there, absolutely.

And I will tell you, it’s going to be very hard for me, at the end of the day I have to make the final call, right? Larry and Jerry and those guys will recommend… and Mark Jackson… Bob Myers… they will recommend and we’re going to have to make a call because we have to be comfortable that that guy is somebody we want in the organization.

Monta Ellis happens to be one of my favorite players, I’ll just tell you. Not going to be traded very lightly, if he were to be traded.

-Q: What were your thoughts about Mark Jackson going into your face-to-face and what did you think afterwards, compartively?

-LACOB: It was better than I thought he was going to be. I’m like you, I’m like anybody else, my first reaction when I heard about him was, OK, there are other guys who maybe have been head coaches. I thought the same thing. That’s a logical thing to think.

But when I sat down with him for I think it was about a three-hour meeting down in LA, I came out of there and said, ‘Man, this guy is exactly what I see as a head coach. He is exactly what I want. We need to look at other guys. I need to see some other finalists and do some comparative shopping.’ And we did that.

But at the end of the day, nobody came close to him. I had it in the back of my mind from the day I met him, this is the guy that I feel the most comfortable with.

Get Money. Get Paid.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball