Warriors to draft #11 - OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY THREAD!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:05 pm
im honestly prepared to be very disappointed in our first round draft... not that i want it that way, but i am prepared for a situation where we draft a player that doesn't make much sense to me and having to wait for the front office to justify the pick...

with that said i'm a little more interested in who we pick up in the 2nd round... usually in the 1st round you have the dilemma of having to pick for need or upside, but in the 2nd round you usually address the need of your team... as i've said in past threads, i want to pick up jordan williams or jimmy butlet... unless a miracle happens and vucevic falls to the #44 pick [-o<
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:00 pm
8th ave wrote:im honestly prepared to be very disappointed in our first round draft... not that i want it that way, but i am prepared for a situation where we draft a player that doesn't make much sense to me and having to wait for the front office to justify the pick...

with that said i'm a little more interested in who we pick up in the 2nd round... usually in the 1st round you have the dilemma of having to pick for need or upside, but in the 2nd round you usually address the need of your team... as i've said in past threads, i want to pick up jordan williams or jimmy butlet... unless a miracle happens and vucevic falls to the #44 pick [-o<


I like Keith Benson from second round... we need some bigs.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:32 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
8th ave wrote:im honestly prepared to be very disappointed in our first round draft... not that i want it that way, but i am prepared for a situation where we draft a player that doesn't make much sense to me and having to wait for the front office to justify the pick...

with that said i'm a little more interested in who we pick up in the 2nd round... usually in the 1st round you have the dilemma of having to pick for need or upside, but in the 2nd round you usually address the need of your team... as i've said in past threads, i want to pick up jordan williams or jimmy butlet... unless a miracle happens and vucevic falls to the #44 pick [-o<


I like Keith Benson from second round... we need some bigs.

Definitely. When it comes to 2nd round, I want us to pick Keith Benson, if possible. We need big bodies, and he could be quite useful right away.
Image
Image

Rookie
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:28 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:18 pm
I hope they don't just pick Benson or Vuvecic just to collect big bodies cause its what us fans want. If they've worked these guys out and they look like stiffs we should pass on them. I don't know enough about Vuvecic or Benson to say whether or not they should draft them but I think they should make sure they are good basketball players on the NBA level before they draft them.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:29 pm
I have my doubts about Vucevic, coming from these parts. I just don't think that he is, still at least, NBA ready. It's hard for me to see him making any kind of impact right now. Maybe later, but that's a maybe. He might turnout to be a bust, but it is a second round, so it might be worth the risk.

http://www.nba.com/draft/2011/prospects/nikola-vucevic/
Reminds them of Radmanovic. I'm quite sure some of you here wouldn't like that. :) And he's a forward, not a center.

On the other hand, we have Benson. Taller fellow, but less weight than Vucevic. Still, on college level he was a very good rebounder, and great defender. Over 3 blocks per game is quite nice, and they mention that besides rebounding game and defense he can play face-up as well. So, that's for sure something that could be worked with. On defense he can be amazing duo with Udoh (when Udoh is played at 4, where he should play), and he isn't bad offensively as well.

http://www.nba.com/draft/2011/prospects/keith-benson/

I would be for Benson. But, we definitely need someone at center position, either tonight, on via free agency.
Image
Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:40 pm
Oh, and by the way, does anyone have idea where could we watch draft live, over the internet? I have ESPN America, but since this one doesn't cover NBA, I don't think they'll do the draft either.
Image
Image

Rookie
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:28 pm
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:57 pm
How would anyone feel about Klay Thompson from Washington State? Latest mock draft has us taking him with the 11th pick in the Draft.
I have two NBA teams: The Golden State Warriors and whoever faces off against the Los Angeles Lakers because I'm a 100% Warrior fan and a 100% Laker Hater
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2564
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:05 pm
If Burks is gone I wouldn't mind Thompson ... I just think Burks is more versatile/athletic. Not quite as pure of a shooter but much more potential.

If both are gone I could live with Singleton or Leonard.

Rookie
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:28 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:18 pm
Guybrush wrote:On the other hand, we have Benson. Taller fellow, but less weight than Vucevic. Still, on college level he was a very good rebounder, and great defender. Over 3 blocks per game is quite nice, and they mention that besides rebounding game and defense he can play face-up as well. So, that's for sure something that could be worked with. On defense he can be amazing duo with Udoh (when Udoh is played at 4, where he should play), and he isn't bad offensively as well.

http://www.nba.com/draft/2011/prospects/keith-benson/

I would be for Benson. But, we definitely need someone at center position, either tonight, on via free agency.


did I read that right that Benson is 230lbs at 6'11" that is very light for an NBA center. I really don't like any Centers in this draft. I don't think they should get a Center with any pick in this draft.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2543
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:18 pm
Beast Mode wrote:If Burks is gone I wouldn't mind Thompson ... I just think Burks is more versatile/athletic. Not quite as pure of a shooter but much more potential.

If both are gone I could live with Singleton or Leonard.

I've heard/read a few people suggesting that we'll take Thompson over Burks, but from what I've heard of both, Burks sounds like our best option.

All Star
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: SF
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 pm
Guybrush wrote:Oh, and by the way, does anyone have idea where could we watch draft live, over the internet? I have ESPN America, but since this one doesn't cover NBA, I don't think they'll do the draft either.


Espn 3 (their online streaming channel) should be airing the draft.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Rookie
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:28 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:21 pm
JREED wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:If Burks is gone I wouldn't mind Thompson ... I just think Burks is more versatile/athletic. Not quite as pure of a shooter but much more potential.

If both are gone I could live with Singleton or Leonard.

I've heard/read a few people suggesting that we'll take Thompson over Burks, but from what I've heard of both, Burks sounds like our best option.


I heard that the Warriors especially Jerry West really likes Thompson. and I've heard that the warriors as a whole were not very impressed with Alec Burks and not to expect the Warriors to select him at 11.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:36 pm
keith benson and nikola vucevic is the same height and the last thing i want is another tweener... i doubt we pick up vucevic in the 1st though i really wouldnt mind the pick... and for our 2nd pick, jordan williams would be a better than benson because they're comparable players, but williams is bigger... he might be shorter, but he weighs more
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:04 pm
fine wrote:
Guybrush wrote:Oh, and by the way, does anyone have idea where could we watch draft live, over the internet? I have ESPN America, but since this one doesn't cover NBA, I don't think they'll do the draft either.


Espn 3 (their online streaming channel) should be airing the draft.

"ESPN player is not currently available in your region"...but thanks anyway, appreciate it.
Image
Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:06 pm
Here you have links for live streams:
http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/57631- ... -Draft-Day
Image
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest