NBA Draft 2011

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:46 pm
Like last years draft, outside the maybe 3 players will be huge impact players, and most will be role players. This is why I think we need to seriously consider drafting a lockdown defender prospect. All of the top teams have at least one starter who is playing specifically for defensive purposes. Leonard would probably be the best, but if he's gone I would like to get Singleton from FSU. 2 years ago they were #1 in defense in the NCAA and this year they were top 5, with him as the leader of that defense. You won't get a huge feel for his game by searching youtube, but here's what a paragraph from draftexpress that explains why he would be a great role player:

With his terrific size, length, lateral quickness and intensity, Singleton puts tremendous pressure on the ball and is an absolute menace in passing lanes. He gets his team tons of extra possessions every game with his ability to collect rebounds, blocks and steals, and is the type of player who would have no problem guarding multiple positions at the NBA level —be it face-up 4's, shot-creating wings, back-to-the-basket forwards, or even switching out onto quicker guards on the perimeter (if that's how his coach elects to defend the pick-and-roll). This type of versatility makes him extremely attractive in today's NBA.

He does not have the polished offensive game to have a major impact on that side of the ball yet, but his offensive game is best suited for a team that likes to push the tempo in the open court.

In the second I would like to pick up a big man. Players like Mosgov, Erdin, and Asik were all taken in the second round last year and have proven to be able to play some C in the NBA, not something AB has shown he can do lately.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball