Lacob's disturbing comments...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:05 am
According to Rusty Simmons and the Chronicle.. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1I4OC7.DTL

At the conference, according to a recording obtained by The Chronicle, someone asked a muffled question about bloggers.
Lacob answered, "They are not real fans, because they don't have season tickets."
After a follow-up question, Lacob said, "Unlike every real fan, they don't have season tickets."

Now heres my comment on the subject on the Chronicle: I can't believe he said that when you consider the state of the economy! Holy sh*t! This guy seems to stick his foot in his mouth alot, and he's only owned the team for a few months! I really hope he admits he mispoke or something, because that is a terrible thing to say! I go to a just couple of Warrior games a season, (I make $9.25 an hr. lacob, i eat ramen noodles for dinner) and I know twice as much about the Warriors than half the yahoos who sit courtside. I've been watching crap basketball since I can remember, and this f'in guy pretty much craps on me and other huge Warrior fans who are barely make a living right now, yet devote hours following the team via radio, television and internet. Maybe you should let Guber do the talking. You're on a short leash now buddy.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1Fnhampzn
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:29 am
warchief wrote:According to Rusty Simmons and the Chronicle.. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1I4OC7.DTL

At the conference, according to a recording obtained by The Chronicle, someone asked a muffled question about bloggers.
Lacob answered, "They are not real fans, because they don't have season tickets."
After a follow-up question, Lacob said, "Unlike every real fan, they don't have season tickets."

Now heres my comment on the subject on the Chronicle: I can't believe he said that when you consider the state of the economy! Holy sh*t! This guy seems to stick his foot in his mouth alot, and he's only owned the team for a few months! I really hope he admits he mispoke or something, because that is a terrible thing to say! I go to a just couple of Warrior games a season, (I make $9.25 an hr. lacob, i eat ramen noodles for dinner) and I know twice as much about the Warriors than half the yahoos who sit courtside. I've been watching crap basketball since I can remember, and this f'in guy pretty much craps on me and other huge Warrior fans who are barely make a living right now, yet devote hours following the team via radio, television and internet. Maybe you should let Guber do the talking. You're on a short leash now buddy.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1Fnhampzn

That is a real F'ed up thing to say. I wasn't there, and I never take what is reported to be the truth, as it is mostly always taken out of context. This is recorded, so there is no mistaking what he said, but from what I have seen of him in interviews and comments, his comments were probably for those who can afford to go, those that have money, but don't. Those people who are all talk, think they know everything, but don't even watch the games. Or only watch a handful.

Most of us watch all the games even though we can't afford to go to the games, but we see every single one, even the ones that we know they are going to lose. I don't think he means what he said... but still he shouldn't have said it.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:16 am
I guess he tried to clean up after and said that he was referring to emailers - I dunno what to think about that but the blanket statement that you're not a real fan unless you are a season ticket holder was incredibly ignorant.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:52 am
Wow, so we now have a money obsessive, entertainment over winning owner in Guber.... AND now we got a "I'm a better fan then you because I have season tickets" in Lacob.... who are these A-holes and why did they buy the team?
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:01 pm
I really hope it was taken out of context and he's really not that stupid. I'll give him the benifit of the doubt. Besides, at least he didn't do this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/624302-la-clippers-for-donald-sterling-the-best-history-to-consider-is-his-own
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:28 pm
I live in Greece, should i buy a ticket to be a Warrior fan? If he said that then i am the biggest asshole in the world, for being a Warrior's fan for 26 long years.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:26 pm
seriously, he needs to do an exclusive interview to clarify this. and no, i don't mean with bob fitz "fudgepacker" gerald.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:44 pm
Not something nice to hear, but let them have more time to show how good they are. They just took over and they are, by default for now, better than the previous owner

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:56 pm
hey, cohan was terrible, but he never said one negative thing about warriors fans. lacob's been owner for a fistful of months, and he puts his foot in his mouth and takes a huge bite. i'm surprised he can still walk. i'm waiting for an explanation lacob. until i get one i wont go to another warrior game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:14 pm
i agree warchief, it's bs that an owner says that season ticket holders are the only "real fans". I should just quit being a teacher 100 miles away, collect unemployment and go sign up for season tickets. Sure, i will lose my home, but at least I will be a true fan.

Bring on the PR campaign because he needs to explain himself.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:02 pm
Well, although the comment was a little fuccced up and ignorant I for one am not that sensitive. All I care about is winning, if he produces a winner but hates all bloggers I couldn't care less. Now if he loves all bloggers and all casual warrior fans but cant put a winning team out on the floor, then I will have a problem with that. Honestly, I have a feeling he is a control freak (most super rich people are), a money hungry bastard, and he probably thinks he is better than everybody else ...but I don't give a damn about his character, JUST GIVE US A WINNER!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:01 am
yeah, i just read it. now i know i'm not a real fan in a world where heart is measured by paper and metal.
of course, i care about the team, and this asshole does not affect me in any way. though, i'm sure, if he were sitting with me at some lithuanian type party and we drank vodka, he either had to show that he knows more than money (yes, i'm strictly anticapitalist) or we go for an old school wrestling fight.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:53 am
It is a stupid thing to say something like that, but no reason for us to get pissed. We all pretty much know that all owners don't care about fans from other states, let alone fans from outside of US. They just think about profit.

And why would I care for what Lacob says, I've been with this team more than he was, so who's he to say who's the real fan. I don't care if he's owner or not, they come and go, and Warriors stay. I'm staying awake to watch the games sometimes until early in the morning, and every other person that does the same is a true fan in my eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:11 am
nicely stated guybrush,

remember, lacob was a part owner of the celtics last year... so much for loyalty.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:52 am
martin wrote:yeah, i just read it. now i know i'm not a real fan in a world where heart is measured by paper and metal.
of course, i care about the team, and this asshole does not affect me in any way. though, i'm sure, if he were sitting with me at some lithuanian type party and we drank vodka, he either had to show that he knows more than money (yes, i'm strictly anticapitalist) or we go for an old school wrestling fight.

Well said and owners are just there to make profit so it is no surprise

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball