We have come in peace!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:21 pm
Hello everyone, and thank you for taking the time to read this post. As most of you have heard, the Kings have most likley come to an end in my home city of Sacramento. Their bags are packed and the plane is waiting to carry them away, leaving only the open and bleeding chests of some of the greatest fans of the basketball. This means that thousands of discombopulated and displaced Kings fans are wondering the streets, like war torn refugess, searching for a team to call their own. This is where you come in oh loyal fans of the Golden State. To open your arms and your hearts to thousands of one time enemies! To allow us to bear your crest of that great bridge across are chests, to share your seats and to cheer and cry along side you. Yes many will simply loose the love for basketball, while others have the perfect excuse to hop on board the Miami, Boston, and God forbid, the Lakers train, I and many others shall do no such thing. We will flee to our nieghbors and hopefully new friends. So I ask of you all, please be paitent and understanding during this painstaking transition, and in return, you will recieve some of the greatest fans of basketball, and of life. Thank you.

Crocoduck
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:35 pm
Well, after a very high-raised eyebrow...welcome! No promises in regards to your happiness though (with this team)...
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:37 pm
Can't say I was expecting this, but as far as I am concerned, you are welcome. I know it must be tough to have your team simply taken away from you.

I loved to watch Sacramento back in the days when my countrymen played there (Peja and Vlade), and it was the prettiest basketball to watch. I think they deserved the title during those years, but bloody Lakers and some stuff that go with them, didn't allow that. In my opinion at least. :)

Once again, welcome. Hopefully you will start to respect this team quickly, and learn a bit of it's history, etc.
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:22 pm
Thank you Knightofoceans and Guybrush, it is great to be here. In regards to happiness Knightofoceans, to me it is simply rooting for a small market team and thoroughly enjoying every win, no matter how few and far between they may be. With what I see as a competent and, more importantly, a deep pocketed new owner, I feel we will both be feeling more happiness in the future.

Guybrush, you're a man after my own heart. We in Sacramento simply call those teams "the glory days". A more perfect team could not have been constructed to run Pete Carril's Princeton offense, and your countrymen were perfect conductors for the orchestra. I will always where my Vlade and Peja jerseys proudly, not for the cursed team they represented, but for the extraordinary men that wore them. (not at a Warriors game of course)

As for the rich Warriors history goes, I will do my best to absorb from everyone all I can. Of course I do remember the great Run-TMC, and I did sport a Mullen inspired flat top in my youth. 91' Tim Hardaway is one of the most dynamic point guards ever, and even alcoholic Mullen was as good as shooter as anyone, including today.

Thanks again, I look forward to discussing basketball with you all.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:38 pm
Crocoducks, welcome. Sorry to see what you guys are going through. We've been through 15 years of hell, but at least we'll still have a team here, no matter how bad it is.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:59 am
Welcome aboard the misery train.

Our fans are loyal.

We just don't have much to cheer about.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:20 pm
Welcome Corcoducks!

We are not all pesimistic here... there is a lot to be excited about, lots of nice young talent and a new owner. Playoffs are in our near future (not this season though... we are realists).

So sorry to hear about Sac, I don't know if it is official yet, hopefully it falls through and they stay in Sac.
They have a lot of young talent too, and much promise. I thought they would do better this year, but with another high draft pick after this season and lots of cap room, they could have been something special. So sorry if they do move... we will destroy them for you when we play 'em though =D>
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:56 pm
Yeah, maybe they can move to San Jose (San Jose Kings?) and have somewhat of a semblance of Mid-Northern Cali...that wouldn't be too horrible of a move for Sac fans..
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:10 pm
i feel sorry for those of you who are going to become warrior fans... put on ur seatbelts, its gonna be a looooooong ride
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:13 pm
I cant believe the kings are being moved...Those early 2000 chris webber lead teams were so exciting to watch against the lakers, and the fans always seemed to come out and make noise...I spent my college years in Sacramento at Sac State and I love the city...I love the restaurants, the downtown bars, old town, and even the arden and natomas areas. There is a ton of Kings pride in the city, its the only team they have up there (besides the rivercats) and to see them being relocated is crap to me. I can remember the whole debate about where to build a stadium (either downtown or near cal-expo) and honestly both areas seemed like bad spots for an arena. Downtown didn't seem large enough, and cal-expo/arden is already over saturated with ppl and traffic. I thought they should of tried to get a stadium built in the Roseville area, which is currently being developed, and is only 20 minutes or so from sacramento...but to see the maloofs move the team to anaheim is ridiculous to me on both ends...do the kings really want to be 3rd wheel behind the clippers? LA is and will always be Laker town, the clippers have been there for years and have always been the red headed step child of La basketball, why do the mallows think the kings will fare well in anahiem?! I could see if they were going to vegas (where they really want to go but the league doesn't like the idea) but LA? Its terrible for the fans, and for the league to take teams away from cities like seattle and sacramento...It still doesn't feel right that there are no Seattle supersonics and if there are no sacramento kings then the basketball landscape will just feel off to me. I used to enjoy going to kings warriors games at arco and talking **** to kings fans lol it was fun. Owners have to realize that this is a tough economy for everybody, and funding a stadium just might not be in Sacramento's budget right now, but that they have loyal fans who will come out and support when the product is good. The kings ticket sales aren't down because the stadium sucks, they are down because the kings suck. I think the maloofs need to worry more about building a good team than moving it.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:22 am
I welcome all Kings fan's with open arms, enemies uniting only makes a kingdom stronger, and ours is already pretty strong! Lacob is probably ecstatic about this move actually Kings fans, which might make you think again.. But then again who is there to root for until another team comes to The Bay? It just made me think as a diehard Giants fan in baseball... Had the Giants moved to Tampa in '93, where would my alligience have gone? Off the top of my head I would figure I'd be an A's fan. If that would have happened (Giants moving), what would have meant to the A's today? (probably a new stadium somewhere in the bay area). Couldn't imagine the Bay Area not having a professional baseball team.. Anyway's back to the W's, if you want to join you are welcome, but I know many Kings fans are A's fans because of the Rivercats there in Sac, but the Warriors will not be in Oakland for the long hall, so be prepared to root for the SF Warriors, and be willing to keep your A's alligience (if the A's are still in the Bay Area by the time the W's move to SF).
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:39 am
Thanks again everyone, you have all been much more supportive than I would’ve thought.

The deal is not “official” yet, but is getting closer and closer everyday. Mayor KJ had a meeting with the Maloofs on Wednesday and his press conference the following day was not promising. Their extremely likely to be headed to the OC. Our fears are coming true.

GSW Hoops fan, I’m well aware of the Warriors struggles, and I find your optimism refreshing, so thank you. It’s easy to sit around and play GM, but the reality of it is with the current CBA it’s incredibly difficult to build a playoff team in a small market. Good small market teams must be built around trades and the draft, or essentially over paying free agents. Not to mention complete dedication to the offensive/defensive system, faith in the coaching staff, and trust in teammates and knowing ones role. GS has no doubt seen plenty of this in their efforts, if only bits and pieces. I agree with you GSW Hoops fan, there are some nice, young, pieces with this team, and I will share your optimism.

Knightofoceans, my understanding is that the Kings did discuss a possible move to San Jose; however Lacob made it clear that he would raise HELL if they tried. Understandable.

Nickdakoolkat, it’s nice to meet a fellow Hornet. I would’ve loved to have seen a new arena built next to Old Sacramento where the current rail yards/homeless hangout currently sits. It would’ve cleaned up and revived downtown, and I think they could’ve tied the mighty Sacramento River into the architecture to make a truly stunning building. Sacramento is broke, Roseville is broke, and the tax payers already voted that if a new arena was to be built, no tax dollars were to be used. That essentially leaves the Maloofs and private investors, which neither have shown any interest to fund the arena. Construction looks bleak at best, if not impossible at this point in time.

Warchief, as long as they stay in the Bay area I’ll be happy, just don’t go and move to disgusting and vile southern CA.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:41 pm
Welcome Crocoducks...

Hobbes our moderator here use to be hardcore raider nation, he gave a similar speech when his team moved to Los Angeles. He jumped on that Niners bandwagon sometime after 1982... The Question is Crocoducks, will you jump back on the Kings Bandwagon if they move back to Sacramento after a 15 year hiatus in L.A ??? (Hobbes is coming around to being a raider fan again... It's just taking a little longer then expected)
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:29 pm
Pawno, that is a great question, and I'll answer it the best I can. First off, I must say that despite my recent conversion I'm an incredibly loyal fan to my teams. With that said, the kings are leaving and I strongly believe that when someone turns their back on you, you should NEVER support their cause. Not now, and not ever.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:07 pm
PAWNO wrote:Welcome Crocoducks...

Hobbes our moderator here use to be hardcore raider nation, he gave a similar speech when his team moved to Los Angeles. He jumped on that Niners bandwagon sometime after 1982... The Question is Crocoducks, will you jump back on the Kings Bandwagon if they move back to Sacramento after a 15 year hiatus in L.A ??? (Hobbes is coming around to being a raider fan again... It's just taking a little longer then expected)

LOL Pawno. Never been a member of the Raider Nation and never will be. Grew up going to Niner games as a tiny kid in the late 70's and always faithful.

It is an interesting dilemma, I imagine most of us are very loyal fans of our teams, but what do you do if they move? If the Niners left, I don't think I could root for them anymore. Pawno, with the Raiders, whether they are in Oakland or LA it probably isn't much difference to you? Someone who lived in Oakland might feel differently. I just feel bad for all the Kings fans, having been to Arco a few times, they are a loyal bunch who are getting screwed over.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball