Slam Dunk Ripoff

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:15 pm
First I like to say that this was the best slam dunk competition ever. However, Serge Ibaka and especially JaVale Mc Gee got totally ripped off. Like everything else in this world, it was all politcal. Is any thing fair anymore? Blake Griffin should have finished 4th in this competiton. Everybody knows this if you being perfectly honest. All comments welcome on this subject.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:42 am
Javelle 2 dunks then 3 dunks was FINALS competition worthy for the RIGGED Blake Griffin trophy holder.
Last edited by PAWNO on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:42 am
The Coooach wrote:First I like to say that this was the best slam dunk competition ever. However, Serge Ibaka and especially JaVale Mc Gee got totally ripped off. Like everything else in this world, it was all politcal. Is any thing fair anymore? Blake Griffin should have finished 4th in this competiton. Everybody knows this if you being perfectly honest. All comments welcome on this subject.

Yeah the WWE got more credibility then the NBA after that speciticle.

I love the product placement of Blake dunking over a KIA (that ma'fGGA couldn't jump over a TOYOTA!!!)

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:18 am
The only way to make the dunk contest fair is to have all particpants do the same dunk.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:29 am
The NBA DunK contest (like the league itself) is rigged..... if one player on one team was talking to the owner of another team in the NFL or MLB, fines, loss of draft picks, and even suspensions would occur. In the NBA, its just friends talking.

Griffins dunks were nothing special, but the fact that he was at home and the big name (by far), the league gave him the victory because it wanted to give him an opportunity to make him a bigger star.

I've stopped caring about the dunk contest years ago.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:02 pm
Griffin...I love the guy, and I liked his first three dunks, really did...BUT COME ON.

the first LEGIT free throw dunk...and A 7 FOOTER DOING IT....wtf
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:05 pm
btw props to Steph Curry rolling for the Skills win
~LilBallerx~

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:40 pm
The Coooach wrote:First I like to say that this was the best slam dunk competition ever. However, Serge Ibaka and especially JaVale Mc Gee got totally ripped off. Like everything else in this world, it was all politcal. Is any thing fair anymore? Blake Griffin should have finished 4th in this competiton. Everybody knows this if you being perfectly honest. All comments welcome on this subject.

Blake only had 1 good dunk to me and was the alley oop putting his arm in the rim. The rest of them weren't better than everybody elses. His initial attempts were difficult but the dunks he made weren't. He should've been 4th.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:29 pm
i think what has ruined the dunk contest is watching guys miss over and over again before getting one to go down. after the first try, the element of surprise is gone. when vince carter and j-rich did their spectacular dunks, they wowed the crowed because they completed these insane dunks on the first try. if they missed the first 5 times then got one to go down, it wouldnt have been as good. i think ya'll get my point lol.

i felt like griffin was the favorite because of how explosive he is, but i felt he was out dunked last night.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:02 am
LilBallerx8 wrote:btw props to Steph Curry rolling for the Skills win

Get Money. Get Paid.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:57 am
Dr. Spaceman wrote:
LilBallerx8 wrote:btw props to Steph Curry rolling for the Skills win

Now that's funny. :mrgreen:
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:11 am
The dunk contest, overall, has gotten to be a joke. It use to be a showcase of some of the top players in the league like Jordan, Kobe, Carter, Lebron, Wilkins and so on. And there use to be 8 contestants. Now its 4 guys that haven't proven much in the NBA and to casual fans, are unkown. I give Blake Griffin some dues, but has he really established himself as a dunk champion in the season thus far? The last great dunk contest was the one that involved JRich in 2002 and even that was kind of a joke with the spin the wheel thing.

Return to Warriors Basketball