Time to START UDOH!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:50 pm
rockyBeli wrote:also agree. he and Biedrins should split minutes. when you have bad defenders like Curry Monta D.Lee, you gotta have a guy in there that lifts the play of everyone else on the defensive side. gotta have Udoh in there cuz from what I've seen he increases the intensity of the team on D.

Agree. Maybe give him more of Beidrins' minutes and that'll prompt AB to go all-out while he's in the game; if he fouls out, so what?!?! At least he's not pussyfooting around trying to avoid foul trouble!
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:49 pm
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:also agree. he and Biedrins should split minutes. when you have bad defenders like Curry Monta D.Lee, you gotta have a guy in there that lifts the play of everyone else on the defensive side. gotta have Udoh in there cuz from what I've seen he increases the intensity of the team on D.

Agree. Maybe give him more of Beidrins' minutes and that'll prompt AB to go all-out while he's in the game; if he fouls out, so what?!?! At least he's not pussyfooting around trying to avoid foul trouble!

+1
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:39 am
udoh getting some love around

http://thecity2.com/2011/03/03/welcome-mr-udoh/
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:25 am
http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/03/20/2936201/after-injury-former-baylor-standout.html#ixzz1HFYexp4s

Nice article on Udoh, and I like his plans for this offseason. If he can add some muscle, he could be a legitimate starting C and one of the better low post defenders in the NBA.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:36 pm
It may seem odd but i really believe in this kid. The main reason is his mentality and work ethic. He can be a lot better player than Lee. It's a matter of time.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:47 pm
It's time to give some love to a big-time defender. Udoh, the 6-foot-10 center out of Baylor, is first among rookies in blocks (1.4 per game, 2.3 as a starter) and has at least one block in 10 straight games and at least two in nine of the last 10 games. He's also improved his scoring, averaging 10 points and 6.0 rebounds in the last five games. Udoh saw his role increase with an injury to Andris Biedrins, and the rookie has taken advantage. "I think he's finally starting to feel the rhythm and getting more comfortable in the offense," Biedrins said. "He's really making a lot of progress."

http://www.nba.com/rookieladder/?ls=iref:nbahpt1
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:31 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
It's time to give some love to a big-time defender. Udoh, the 6-foot-10 center out of Baylor, is first among rookies in blocks (1.4 per game, 2.3 as a starter) and has at least one block in 10 straight games and at least two in nine of the last 10 games. He's also improved his scoring, averaging 10 points and 6.0 rebounds in the last five games. Udoh saw his role increase with an injury to Andris Biedrins, and the rookie has taken advantage. "I think he's finally starting to feel the rhythm and getting more comfortable in the offense," Biedrins said. "He's really making a lot of progress."

http://www.nba.com/rookieladder/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

If he hadn't gotten injured before the season, imagine how much further along he'd be now. I hate to say I'm glad someone is hurt, bit it was a timely injury to Beidrins that has allowed him to blossom. I think the pick was well-used.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball