Keith Smart, more like Keith Dumb.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:33 am
warriorsstepup, the point with our team that we have only one four who can score and spread the floor (which is a must, otherwise we get little to no offense) and that is Lee other four is vlad, period. so if you sub lee for gadz, lou, udoh (and they can't score from outside at least 18 feet jumpers and lou blows under the rim shots and passes, he has zero talent, i take back turiaf in a second for him) to play with biedrins it's death by stupidity. nothing moves then, our guards have nowhere to pass because other team packs in the paint. what is it good to have lou far from basket, free and if you pass to him, concider it a waste of time or possesion. terrible. i would always have lee or vlad on the floor just to make plays and spread the floor. but our centers do suck at scoring in post offense, thus they too need a four to drag another player out of the paint so they can finish off running or tipping. but we don't run that offense, no pick 'n' rolls, and this is huge mistake by smart. two unscoring bigs together on the floor means other team defend only 4 of them and our players have to play 4 on 5 which spells disaster as indicated by our turnover ratio in a SLOW pace they play. that is ridiculous and all on smart with his 'motion offense' leading nowhere. so, vlad at four is neccesity off the bench. and there were many times with lee and him together that won us games or expanded leads. yes, not always, but as a strategic point it is very workable. like yesterday, vlad on ilyasova, good. biedrins on ilyasova - skiles' matchup. biedrins dead. no chance at rebounds and no chance to stop ilyasova from scoring the three ball. quicker and scoring four is a good thing and many coaches use that strategy, yes, copypasted from nelson. smart too does that, but too often at wrong moments.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:12 pm
Looks like the defense is finally starting to come around. 3 straight games of holding our opponents to under 100 points. When was the last time we did that?
Get Money. Get Paid.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:49 pm
If Ekpe sparked the turnaround in the Suns game, why sub him out for Biedrins?
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:29 am
Jerry Sloane is now available. Not that he is necessarily still looking to coach or would want our roster, but i guarantee you he wouldn't let our bigs act like door men at the hoop like they currently do.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball