We need a reliable and consistent center NOW!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:59 pm
I am tired of waiting for Andris Biedrins to reach his "full potential". And Gadzuric just sucks, period.

Larry Riley needs to make a move and get a center at the trade deadline, what players do we have outside of Dorell, David Lee, Stephen Curry, and Monta Ellis we can trade to get one?
I have two NBA teams: The Golden State Warriors and whoever faces off against the Los Angeles Lakers because I'm a 100% Warrior fan and a 100% Laker Hater
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:35 am
AB has been awful and right now is well overpaid

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:34 am
Honestly the best option for this, if we can't use our expirings to acquire something legitimate, we need to let them expire and throw the bank at Marc Gasol in free agency. For that to happen we need the Grizz to trade Randolph for some longer contracts before his expires, then we need to give him an offer sheet Grizz can't match. They have a cheap owner, and we can go over the cap when it comes to resigning Curry, while we look to move Andris for new expirings. I don't know how RFA works for Gasol in this case, as the Lakers drafted him and traded him to Memphis. Do they have his bird rights or can he sign wherever he a regular free agent?

DeAndre Jordan is also a FA. Is he worth a look if the Clippers don't resign him? Looked like it against us the other day (but which big man doesn't?) After all, his minutes have come because of Kaman's injury.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:18 pm
Center won't do much good because Monta and Curry will continue to be the best scoring backcourt in NBA, + Wright, at price of other players involved efficiently. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, I'm just sayin. It won't be like a good center arrives and all of a sudden Monta starts moving the ball.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:32 pm
Well, Monta is quite OK in moving the ball as it is. The problem with center is not that much on offense, cause we have scorers, but mostly on defense and rebounding. We are awful in second chance points. Lakers got almost 20 offensive rebounds against us last night, which is terrible. Even if we play good defense (and we did last night) they're gonna get the ball back.
We need to stop that. We can't hope to win when we get out rebounded every single game, and by 10-20 rebounds at times.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:29 am
We need a goddamn defensive minded coach
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:57 am
Guybrush wrote:Well, Monta is quite OK in moving the ball as it is. The problem with center is not that much on offense, cause we have scorers, but mostly on defense and rebounding. We are awful in second chance points. Lakers got almost 20 offensive rebounds against us last night, which is terrible. Even if we play good defense (and we did last night) they're gonna get the ball back.
We need to stop that. We can't hope to win when we get out rebounded every single game, and by 10-20 rebounds at times.

+1. For a point guard ellis doesn't share the ball enough... but he is not a point guard, he is a shooting gaurd. For a shooting guard he passes very well. 10 assists when we played the clippers, 9 assists last night. He is shooting the ball, passing the ball, and taking it to the rim very well. He definately deserve all-star status.

With our center we just need rebounds and put backs and interior defense. Beans played very well last night (3 block shots). I liked when he spiked devin harris' shot! His rebounding is not where it used to be, but it is getting better. Still not happy with him, but there are no better options out there in my opinion (Not saying there are no better Centers, but just that we don't have the right chips to aquire one). Hopefully he can return to form and we can get on a winning streak.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Return to Warriors Basketball