The Trade Deadline

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:08 pm
I agree with 8th ave, pretty much any of the players mentioned in the article would help us. I'd be up for trading Wright and Gadzuric for Murphy. The only thing I don't like is mentioning of Yao Ming. I mean, he's probably done. Though, I'd like to see Oden here, that is probably the best thing they could do (though, even he is question mark after all those missed games).
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:39 am
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21 ... n_Williams

WOW D-Will to the Nets!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21 ... e_Robinson

W's going after Nate Robinson?

1> the West is definitely getting weaker, this will make a playoff run very interesting!
2> I don't want Nate Robinson on this team. he's a chucker. unless it's for Charlie Bell or part of something bigger, it doesn't make a lot of sense.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:07 pm
Just read on ESPN that Grizzlies are talking with Magic about possible trade, they would send Randolph to Orlando, and Bass and J-Rich would move to Memphis.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/catego ... de-reports

Would you guys give Lee for Bass and J-Rich?
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:37 pm
i think we should try to move andris' contract for yao ming's expiring... rockets might do it since they dont have a center...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:03 pm
8th ave wrote:i think we should try to move andris' contract for yao ming's expiring... rockets might do it since they dont have a center...

they do have a AB-like center, jordan hill, in fact.. jordan hill is doing better than AB when given mins -_-
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:17 am
rockyBeli wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211312/Nets_Trade_For_Deron_Williams

WOW D-Will to the Nets!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21 ... e_Robinson

W's going after Nate Robinson?

1> the West is definitely getting weaker, this will make a playoff run very interesting!
2> I don't want Nate Robinson on this team. he's a chucker. unless it's for Charlie Bell or part of something bigger, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

I don't want Nate Robinson either, though he has been a good energizer off the bench and that can be valuable.

West is definately getting weaker and that is a good thing for the team as getting to the playoffs is easier than it has been in a long time

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:20 am
Guybrush wrote:Just read on ESPN that Grizzlies are talking with Magic about possible trade, they would send Randolph to Orlando, and Bass and J-Rich would move to Memphis.

Bass plays good defense if I recall no? If so, it is still difficult to trade an allstar type PF for a role playing one and a pretty good SG that will probably come off the bench behind Monta or play slightly out of position at SF. I say no, but if the Grizz would do something like that deal, through in one or two of our high salary players and give us back MGasol and fillers, I'd do it

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:21 am
8th ave wrote:i think we should try to move andris' contract for yao ming's expiring... rockets might do it since they dont have a center...

Very good idea that I'd definately try. If the team could pull that off, it'd be a great salary dumping move and would open up opportunities of other players to show their worth if they have any

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:58 pm
Jeff Adrien coming back to the Warriors..
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:39 pm
Jeff Adrien!!!!

Dude has been tearing it up in the D-League this season (arguably the MVP of the D-League). I've missed him ever since he got released...we desperately need his Dajuan Blair-ish toughness and rebounder's mentality. Why, oh why, did we wait this long to make this move while feeding minutes to Gadz and Wright? Plus, we save money and get a guy who can plug right in behind D-Lee.

I'm a very happy camper right now.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:12 pm
migya wrote:
Guybrush wrote:Just read on ESPN that Grizzlies are talking with Magic about possible trade, they would send Randolph to Orlando, and Bass and J-Rich would move to Memphis.

Bass plays good defense if I recall no? If so, it is still difficult to trade an allstar type PF for a role playing one and a pretty good SG that will probably come off the bench behind Monta or play slightly out of position at SF. I say no, but if the Grizz would do something like that deal, through in one or two of our high salary players and give us back MGasol and fillers, I'd do it

I would only take Gasol if it was for Andris or Lee. Granted he is having a bit of a down year, but I just don't think he's going to become anywhere near as great as his brother unless he gets some really good coaching. Last time we played the Grizz, Gasol got 4 rebounds and 12 points while Andris put up 28 points and 21 rebounds on him. That's not the type of C this team needs. We should have tried to work a 3 way trade with Boston and have Lacob net us Perkins from his Boston boys. If it doesn't work out, then don't pay him. Even a trade for Pryzbilla would have been good enough. Oh well, Andris neither gives us the best chance of winning in the present or future, so we should start seeing what we have in Udoh before the draft this year.
Get Money. Get Paid.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:50 am
It is obvious that the warriors are not looking at the current picture more looking to the future, they are missing major pieces, Center, bench scoring.

I mean look at the west now, as wide open as it will ever be, Melo gone, Deron Williams gone, its a chance to start making moves now not later.

We did nothing to make a push for the playoffs, Gerald Wallace would have been a nice addition, oh well.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:44 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:It is obvious that the warriors are not looking at the current picture more looking to the future, they are missing major pieces, Center, bench scoring.

I mean look at the west now, as wide open as it will ever be, Melo gone, Deron Williams gone, its a chance to start making moves now not later.

We did nothing to make a push for the playoffs, Gerald Wallace would have been a nice addition, oh well.

All the rumors that I read say that Riely tried really hard to bring in some nice pieces, but didn't have the right assest to trade back. All the other teams wanted one of our young talent pieces or picks... and we don't have picks because of that NJ trade Mullin made for PG Marcus Williams.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:39 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:It is obvious that the warriors are not looking at the current picture more looking to the future, they are missing major pieces, Center, bench scoring.

Now is the time to get better as the West is a bit weaker. Not going to happen I think

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:37 am
Yay look at the assets, BW rotting on the bench ... Vlade which fits no system beside Nellie and Smart ... Curry ( a nice guard) the most over-rated future superstar. Curry alone won't land us a franchise big or a up and coming PG, so he wasn't a viable trade chip. Even Ellis has little trade value ... plenty of perimeter players who can score but do little bit of everything else. The biggest problem with the Warriors is probably the legacy of Cohan (dumb and dumber Lacob and Guber over win win win Ellison) ... we could of been a pretender but thanks Smart (that 12th seed in the West seems pretty much locked up with this mediocre 3 point love fest squad.) The team has looked bad after the all-star break and with 11 other quality teams, playing bad won't make the playoffs.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball