The Trade Deadline

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:30 pm
Brandan, you had a shoot tonight... why didn't you produce?
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:01 am
8th ave wrote:http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_17239327

MTII gives some angles the warriors might approach... article mentions andri iguodola, luol deng, jeff green, and josh smith as possible suitors for the warriors....

good read

here is what I'm thinking are some options:

1) trade Biedrins for expirers, keep all the expirers and let them...expire. make a play in Free Agency w /$15mil +
2) trade Ellis + expirers for a Superstar ( but for WHO ? )
3) trade Curry + expirers for a superstar PG (CP3?)
4) trade expirers + fillers for Iggy or Luol Deng
5) trade Ellis + Beans for Mayo + M Gasol?

* Ellis cannot play PG WHATSOEVER, Don't go there, Been there, done that, and it was a FAIL. Any trade involving Curry would need to net us a BETTER PG or a Superstar and we would then need to find a serviceable PG.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:02 am
Carmelo Anthony is not the only player on the Nuggets that is drawing interest around the NBA. Marcus Thompson II of The Oakland Tribune reports the Golden State Warriors have inquired about Nene Hilario's availability.

The Warriors are looking for a low-post scorer and Nene would give them something they're not getting from David Lee or Andris Biedrins.

Nene, like Anthony, has an early termination option in his contract and can become a free agent in July. The Warriors would want Nene to sign an extension, if they were able to acquire him.

Lee, Biedrins and Brandan Wright say they could give the team more scoring in the post, if they were given the chance.

"Collectively, I would say yes we could do it," Biedrins said. If you just give us the opportunities, we can prove we don't need it."

"You really have to ask Coach Smart why I couldn't help the team out in that (area)," said Wright. "I guess I'm not the man for the job right now. I could easily produce. I'm in the best shape of my life. I feel good about my game."

Nene is averaging 15.3 points and shooting an NBA-best 64.4 percent from the floor.

I actually agree with Lee, Biedrins and Wright. That's not apart of our offense. I think Lee and Beans can produce down there if given the opportunity but that's not our offensive philosophy. They don't even get those opportunities on pick and rolls and people switch. It's usually our guards attacking the other team's big. Maybe it's not true in actual numbers, but it seems Monta post up more than all of our bigs combined.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:02 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Brandan, you had a shoot tonight... why didn't you produce?

lol cuz he sux
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am
JSU2004 wrote:
Carmelo Anthony is not the only player on the Nuggets that is drawing interest around the NBA. Marcus Thompson II of The Oakland Tribune reports the Golden State Warriors have inquired about Nene Hilario's availability.

The Warriors are looking for a low-post scorer and Nene would give them something they're not getting from David Lee or Andris Biedrins.

Nene, like Anthony, has an early termination option in his contract and can become a free agent in July. The Warriors would want Nene to sign an extension, if they were able to acquire him.

Lee, Biedrins and Brandan Wright say they could give the team more scoring in the post, if they were given the chance.

"Collectively, I would say yes we could do it," Biedrins said. If you just give us the opportunities, we can prove we don't need it."

"You really have to ask Coach Smart why I couldn't help the team out in that (area)," said Wright. "I guess I'm not the man for the job right now. I could easily produce. I'm in the best shape of my life. I feel good about my game."

Nene is averaging 15.3 points and shooting an NBA-best 64.4 percent from the floor.

I actually agree with Lee, Biedrins and Wright. That's not apart of our offense. I think Lee and Beans can produce down there if given the opportunity but that's not our offensive philosophy. They don't even get those opportunities on pick and rolls and people switch. It's usually our guards attacking the other team's big. Maybe it's not true in actual numbers, but it seems Monta post up more than all of our bigs combined.

right. I think our Off philosophy should change to include D Lee more. wasn't the whole point of acquiring this all star PF was to get this team some points in the post to balance out the scoring?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:59 am
Durring the game i was paying close attention to Beidrins and why he doesn't get more touches down low.... and found out that he does not know how to get good post position.

He often goes down, gets too far under the basket so that if he catches it he would behind the basket. It is a bad rebounding position and there is no way he can post with the defender right there.
If you looked at Nene, he ran the floor, then sealed off the defender so that he was in point blank range and the defender had no chance. Beans can run, if he ran and got a quick position he shouldn't have to go that far under the hoop. He has been playing with good activity, but has to learn to use his weight to get good position.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:05 pm
NO MORE TALK OF MAYO PLEASE.
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:33 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:NO MORE TALK OF MAYO PLEASE.

Hold the Mayo please ::lol:

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:44 am
Seriously, blaming the bigs when our back court features (shooter Curry) (Ellis the only Warrior having a decent season) (J Lin ha ha) (and off and on Reggie Williams). If we had BD, Westbrook, Nash, Kidd, Parker, Jennings, Chauncey, Felton or D Will our bigs would be servicable. Heck, ball hog Kobe is a better point guard than any guard on our staff. Seriously, will the franchise realize its mistake and get a vet PG like Phillips for Vlade, Danny and place Curry on the bench as a sixth man, or do you have suffer 6 years of mediocrity because of placating Curry's ego and the dunce that drafted him as a saviour. On a side note, BW is the only player that can have any trade value as a RFA if we spent the year developing him in our annual run to the lottery. No one wants Reggie or Vlade, but a big that can score 55% from the field could help a championship team that knows how to win in the post (the Fakers). There is no need to play Udoh, because he has a rookie contract so why trade a nice cheap rookie contract from a good big off the bench. Bottom line, with four key players having awful years (Curry, BW, Beans, Lee) ... we may need a coach, that can actually coach. (the new era definition of coach - making a stiff like Kwame Brown into a servicable player ... that is probably why Phillip has too many rings for his fingers).
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:32 pm
dareedle wrote: Heck, ball hog Kobe is a better point guard than any guard on our staff.

#-o ?

dareedle wrote: Seriously, will the franchise realize its mistake and get a vet PG like Phillips for Vlade, Danny and place Curry on the bench as a sixth man,

:banghead:

dareedle wrote: or do you have suffer 6 years of mediocrity because of placating Curry's ego and the dunce that drafted him as a saviour.

:shock:

dareedle wrote: On a side note, BW is the only player that can have any trade value as a RFA if we spent the year developing him in our annual run to the lottery.

BW?? Really??

dareedle wrote: There is no need to play Udoh, because he has a rookie contract so why trade a nice cheap rookie contract from a good big off the bench.

:roll:

dareedle wrote: Bottom line, with four key players having awful years (Curry, BW, Beans, Lee) ... we may need a coach, that can actually coach. (the new era definition of coach - making a stiff like Kwame Brown into a servicable player ... that is probably why Phillip has too many rings for his fingers).
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Who is this Phillip you keep speaking of? Is he point guard like you said in the beinging, or is he coach which you imply at the end? I am just confussed after reading this....

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:54 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
dareedle wrote: Heck, ball hog Kobe is a better point guard than any guard on our staff.

#-o ?

dareedle wrote: Seriously, will the franchise realize its mistake and get a vet PG like Phillips for Vlade, Danny and place Curry on the bench as a sixth man,

:banghead:

dareedle wrote: or do you have suffer 6 years of mediocrity because of placating Curry's ego and the dunce that drafted him as a saviour.

:shock:

dareedle wrote: On a side note, BW is the only player that can have any trade value as a RFA if we spent the year developing him in our annual run to the lottery.

BW?? Really??

dareedle wrote: There is no need to play Udoh, because he has a rookie contract so why trade a nice cheap rookie contract from a good big off the bench.

:roll:

dareedle wrote: Bottom line, with four key players having awful years (Curry, BW, Beans, Lee) ... we may need a coach, that can actually coach. (the new era definition of coach - making a stiff like Kwame Brown into a servicable player ... that is probably why Phillip has too many rings for his fingers).

Who is this Phillip you keep speaking of? Is he point guard like you said in the beinging, or is he coach which you imply at the end? I am just confussed after reading this....

that was one hardcore post by blableedle. i believe i could make more sense and less grammar mistakes being a second away from pass-out after a night of heavy drinking :mrgreen:

on the other note, i love PHILLIPS!
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:00 am
you're wrong, martin... he's talking about a PHILLIPS

From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:47 pm
via ESPN insider

Troy Murphy will not be a member of the Nets too much longer. There have been plenty of reports that he is part of the proposed package that will help bring Carmelo Anthony to New Jersey. According to Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle, Denver and Golden State have agreed on a trade that will send Murphy to the Warriors, if they acquire the power forward as part of the Anthony trade.

The newspaper spoke with Warriors general manager Larry Riley and he said any deal for Murphy would not include Denver.

Simmons writes: "Riley said the Murphy deal would go through New Jersey if it were to happen. He said the Warriors are part of talks with New Jersey, among a number of other teams, on deals that would exchange the Warriors' expiring contracts for a player of substance inside or for future draft picks."

The players on the Warriors that have expiring contracts and could be traded are Dan Gadzuric, Vladimir Radmanovic and Brandan Wright.

Murphy began his NBA career with the Warriors, before he was traded to Indiana during the 2006-07 season.

im lookin at new jersey's roster, and there is no "player of substance inside" that i would like... i say we just trade andris for some expirers and let udoh take his minutes... easier said than done though... i remember giving andris that contract and saying, "dam, that was a steal", but now im like, "fuk, this mfker has a bad ass contract." :banghead:

i hope we do something to improve this team before the trade deadline so that we can make a serious push for the playoffs...

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:36 pm
I think we will stand still because of the implusion of the contenders in the West (Portland, Denver and Utah). The smart financial move is still BW our 60% from the field bench warmer ... compared to the 34% shooting Troy Murphy, and BW will better next year than most rookies. Seriously, the players that fit our need (David West, Josh Smith) are not in the market because duh .. they are on playoff teams. For the same reason ... Vlade is not available because we are in the playoff hunt and he is hitting 41% from downtown. Not to mention we are 5.5 games from the 5th seed.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:25 am
via ESPN insider

Warriors general manager Larry Riley has said that he'll remain patient and won't make a deal just to do one. Riley has asked about Chris Kaman, Nene Hilario, LaMarcus Aldridge, JaVale McGee, Danny Granger and Andre Iguodala, but had his offers turned down.

One report has Riley considering sending Brandan Wright and Dan Gadzuric to New Jersey for Troy Murphy and a second-round pick. Besides that, Riley is only considering small trades to acquire picks or a bench player.

"From the perspective of the fan, what we do will not seem to have great significance, but there are some small things that we could do that would move us in the right direction," Riley told the San Francisco Chronicle. "It's very possible that we won't do anything, because there is no reason to tear up what we've built. We understand that we need to get better, but I don't want to go backward at any point to do it."

In another item in the San Francisco Chronicle, the newspaper reports Riley will consider going after oft-injured centers Yao Ming and Greg Oden in the offseason, if he can't land one by the trade deadline.

"When you're looking at what you can do to get better, you have to consider the possibility of what an injured player today might be able to do when he returns," said Riley. "A lot has been done down that road, and more will be done."

Yao will be an unrestricted free agent in July, while Oden will restricted, which will allow Portland to match an offer sheet.

any player mentioned above would make a difference on this team depending on what we give up -- except for yao ming.. dude cannot play a full season.... im really intrigued by greg oden though... he's a big body and can help us clog the paint... we'll see tho... i really do hope we something, even if its a small trade....

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball