The Trade Deadline

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:50 pm
I got this from ESPN insider

Golden State's new owners Joe Lacob and Peter Guber want general manager Larry Riley to be active when it comes to talking with the rest of the teams about potential trades. With that said, Riley doesn't think he is close to making his first trade for Lacob and Gruber.

"Sometime early in the ownership period, I would think there will probably be some kind of action," Riley told The Oakland Tribune on Tuesday. "I don't know when, but I know that they want us to be working on major deals. Their intent is to be very active."

Riley is leery of making deals the closer we get to the trade deadline each season and says he and the new owners will do their very best to improve the club, but they won't make a trade just to make a trade.

"I would not promise our fans that we're going to make a big trade," Riley said. "I will promise them we will exhaust every opportunity to make our team better."

The Warriors may be able to use Dan Gadzuric, Vladimir Radmanovic and Brandan Wright in trades because all three big men have expiring contracts. Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry are the top targets of other teams. However, Riley has no desire to trade either of them.

-- Nick Borges

based on that little read, it doesn't sound like we're going to make any big changes...

chances of us landing melo are probably zero... i don't like the idea of zbo either...i haven't heard any other names brought up in trade discussions... anyone?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:55 pm
It would have to big some big name in order to trade Monta or curry.
Maybe they would give up Curry if they got Chris Paul in return or something, but unless it is something like that I doubt they will do anything.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:19 pm
I love the idea of us getting Paul, but doubt that will happen.

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:07 pm
Sometimes a good move is one that you don't make. The Memphis Grizzlies wanted to trade O.J. Mayo and Hasheem Thabeet for Monta Ellis. That would split up the Ellis-Curry backcourt tandem that is one of the NBA's most explosive. I'd rather make no trades at all than that one.
I have two NBA teams: The Golden State Warriors and whoever faces off against the Los Angeles Lakers because I'm a 100% Warrior fan and a 100% Laker Hater
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:16 pm
Agreed, Sonic. You don't give away a superstar for a one above average at best player, and one that hasn't proved anything in the NBA yet.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:54 pm
We may see some trades come up... Lou didn't play, Williams didn't play, and B. Wright didn't play.... sometimes not playing any minutes is an indicator of a trade... not wanting those guys to get hurt. Detriot didn't play Hamilton and he is expected to be part of that 'Melo trade... things are going to be interesting within the next month.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:52 am
id like to see if we could pry marcus camby or chris kaman away from their respective teams... i also wouldnt mind someone like tyson chandler... i think those players would help our interior defense a ton.... i could only wish tho...

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:38 pm
UPDATE: There's been some chatter the Clips could look to move Kaman this season, and such talk was running at the D-League Showcase in South Padre Island on Thursday.

"Another rumble from Showcase: Sensing optimism among rival teams for first time that rise of DeAndre Jordan will lead Clips to shop Kaman," tweeted ESPN's Marc Stein.

While the Clips may look to shop Kaman, it's possible his injury troubles this season could have his market value somewhat low at the moment.

-- Ryan Corazza

---

Chris Kaman has not played since Dec. 5 when he re-injured his right ankle and the Clippers center doesn't see himself returning to the lineup until the beginning of February.

"It's not right now so I kind of had to back off of what I've been doing a little bit and let it rest a little more," Kaman told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Wednesday. "Hopefully right before they leave for that long road trip in February [an 11-game trip that runs Feb. 4-25], I'm going to get back on the court and see how it feels and then based on that, it'll determine whether I go on that trip or not."

Kaman's name has been in the rumor mill for the last couple of years. However, he told the Los Angeles Times that Neil Olshey, the Clippers vice president of basketball operations, said the team has no interest in trading him.

With that said, Kaman knows he could be dealt.

"Who knows? If somebody gives them a good deal ... I don't know," Kaman said. "Anybody is tradeable. There's very few guys that are hard to trade."

via ESPN insider

I think if we were to acquire kaman, we'd have to find a 3rd team to take biedrins... once scenario could be detroit sending tayshaun or ben gordon to the clips, detroit getting andris, and we get kaman... i doubt this will happen tho, because the clips already have eric gordon, but who knows....

other possibilities:

- The knicks have eddy curry's 11 million expiring contract... that might be enough for the clips to bite, and andris is probably an upgrade over turiaf
- OKC also has expirings in morris peterson and nenad krstic with a need at the 5... ( unless ibaka is a center)
- I don't think i've ever seen him play, but maybe we can give darko milicic a shot? His contract is only worth 4 mill a year

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:36 pm
I've watched both Krstic and Milicic a lot, cause they're from here. And I think Milicic can be a good player, he is good rebounder and I think he's leading the league with blocked shots, or is at the top, just what we need.

And Krstic is a bit different player, but he can be quite useful. I think that at the moment he's miles better than Biedrins.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:28 am
Kaman could be a good Center here, but he is getting paid as much as AB if I remember right, maybe someone can clarify.

I still think MGasol is the best of the bunch and quite attainable since the Grizz still aren't doing that good.

I just wouldn't want anywhere near Darko, no matter how decent he has been so far this season, he has been nothing his entire career. Maybe for under 3 million a year, for no more than two years I'd take him

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:12 am
Guybrush wrote:Agreed, Sonic. You don't give away a superstar for a one above average at best player, and one that hasn't proved anything in the NBA yet.

Just thought I'd revisit this just to play devil's advocate here for a little bit and provide some food for thought. What would we rather have? An exciting backcourt tandem, or a team that is a serious contender? I'd rather have the ladder. As good as Monta Ellis has been, his value has never been higher. If we have to trade him, it better be for a center that isn't soft like Biedrins and can attack the paint. As good as Stephen Curry was last year, he has not made that much progression this year (his one-armed passes suck to be honest). Let's face it, Curry isn't a TRUE point guard.

If we can package one of the two, with a couple of players with expiring contracts, that may not be as bad an idea as some think.
I have two NBA teams: The Golden State Warriors and whoever faces off against the Los Angeles Lakers because I'm a 100% Warrior fan and a 100% Laker Hater
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:27 pm
i heard gerald wallace is available

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:02 pm
IBAKA
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:17 pm
the clips say the only way they trade kaman is if they get an upgrade at the 3 spot with a reasonable contract

Last week on Thursday, we noted a tweet from ESPN's Marc Stein that indicated he was sensing optimism from rival GMs the Clippers could look to shop center Chris Kaman amidst the rise of DeAndre Jordan.

Stein checked back in on this in the Weekend Dime, noting that it comes with a caveat: The Clippers are looking for an upgrade at small forward in return for Kaman. If they can't snag one, they're likely to hold onto him past the deadline.

i'd give em dorell + expiring for kaman and glue andris' butt to the bench

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:04 pm
8th ave wrote:the clips say the only way they trade kaman is if they get an upgrade at the 3 spot with a reasonable contract

Last week on Thursday, we noted a tweet from ESPN's Marc Stein that indicated he was sensing optimism from rival GMs the Clippers could look to shop center Chris Kaman amidst the rise of DeAndre Jordan.

Stein checked back in on this in the Weekend Dime, noting that it comes with a caveat: The Clippers are looking for an upgrade at small forward in return for Kaman. If they can't snag one, they're likely to hold onto him past the deadline.

i'd give em dorell + expiring for kaman and glue andris' butt to the bench

why do that? dorell is a steal. we'd immediately have a gaping hole at the 3 spot and be forced to either go small with Reggie or see more of Vlad Rad which I don't think anyone wants
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball