Tom Abdenour

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:01 am
Abdenour is leaving to be the trainer at SDSU. Being that we seem to have been an injury-prone franchise since the Run TMC days, it will be interesting to see if his departure makes any difference.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:20 am
hobbes wrote:Abdenour is leaving to be the trainer at SDSU. Being that we seem to have been an injury-prone franchise since the Run TMC days, it will be interesting to see if his departure makes any difference.

R.I.P SDSU BBALL TEAM
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:51 am
I've been very vocal about getting rid of this clown.

U won't find a happier warrior fan today. :)
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:10 am
Beast Mode wrote:
hobbes wrote:Abdenour is leaving to be the trainer at SDSU. Being that we seem to have been an injury-prone franchise since the Run TMC days, it will be interesting to see if his departure makes any difference.

R.I.P SDSU BBALL TEAM

LMAO
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:17 pm
sweet! late christmas gift to all gsw fans. injury stats can't get much worse than his record for the last few years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:04 pm
damn.... why does he have to train my aztecs? there goes our perfect record.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:11 pm
love how we play our 1st all healthy (in theory) game of the season, exactly when this guy leaves.

coincidence?
I think not.
~LilBallerx~

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:14 pm
Beast Mode wrote:

R.I.P SDSU BBALL TEAM

:mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:40 pm
Hum... some of the changes seem like they would have been common sense. New trainer hopefully can do a better job of keeping our guys healthy.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2011/02/02/warriors-new-head-athletic-trainer-trying-something-new-with-currys-problematic-ankle/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HoopJunkie+%28Inside+the+Warriors%29

Warriors new head athletic trainer Troy Wenzel has already come with a new approach for the troubled right ankle of point guard Stephen Curry. And, so far, Curry and coach Keith Smart said they are comfortable with and confident in the current treatment.

Curry has sprained it five times this season, including a mild sprain he sustained in practice on Jan. 25. Previously, Curry said the focus was on strengthening the ankle to keep it from rolling over so easily. So between games he spent his rehab time going hard to build up his ankle. The new plan? Rest.

CURRY: “Our new athletic trainer Troy is bringing new ideas to how to treat it and kind of keeping it consistent. Not saying the old stuff didn’t work. But sometimes a different approach can maybe spark recovery. It’s just consistency, trying to make sure I stay on my routine every practice day and get my ankle rehab done. … We’re allowing it to heal a little longer. In between games, not really killing my ankle and kind of fatiguing it out. Instead, if we have a break in between, we’re making sure in those days I’m just icing and staying off of it. That’s a pretty good way to recover instead of strengthening it really hard in between.”

Wenzel took over for Tom Abdenour on Jan. 22. He replaced Ton Abdenour, who after 24 years with the Warriors left to take a job at San Diego State. His last game was Jan. 21 vs. Sacramento.

In addition to changing the between-games routine, Wenzel changed the taping technique on Curry’s ankle. Smart said he was confident with the new tape job they’re doing now. So confident, he said he isn’t concerned about Curry re-aggravating the ankle in the Rookie Game during the All-Star break.

CURRY: “We’ve tried every tape technique this year. This one is the one I started with, after I came back and took that nasty brace off, the one Tom was hooking up. It’s nothing I haven’t seen before. But it’s just one that we’re sticking with and making sure that we do it the same way every time.”

Curry has also made one other small adjustment. He now wears a size 13 shoe, which is a half a size smaller than he normally wears. Curry said it took some getting used to, because he usually likes breathing room in his Nikes. But with the tape job and the smaller sneakers, his ankle is more secure.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Return to Warriors Basketball