Dorell Wright

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:35 pm
What's up Warriors fans?

I haven't been able to catch to many of your games this year, but I just wanted to get your guys' thoughts on why Wright has really taken off like most didn't expected him too. Considering he was basically kicked to the curb by Miami, I wasn't sure how he'd perform given consistent minutes. What's allowed him to take his game to the next level? Is it the up-tempo system? Him getting more confidence in himself? I figured he'd be decent, but he's really surpassed my expectations this year. What do you guys think of him, how good is he?

I'll take if from you guys who watch him play night in and night out. Thank you friends, much appreciated!
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:31 am
i really didnt expect him to do all that well either... first and foremost, i don't think anyone knew how well he could shoot... not only could he catch and shoot, he also has shown that he can make some shots off the dribble...another thing that i think is enabling him to surpass everyone's expectation is his ability to expand his game...at the beginning of the season all we see him do is shoot.... since then, he has utilized a great pump fake, taken guys off the dribble, finishing at the basket, and made some plays passing the ball on some occasions... definitely in the running for most improved player in my eyes...

it's just too bad though... the last time we had someone in the runnning for mip we went to the playoffs and upsetted the number 1 seed in the nba... don't think we'll be doing anything close to that this year...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:13 pm
Miami didnt kick him to the curb. He simply wanted more minutes and money which Miami couldnt do with Lebronn coming to town

Return to Warriors Basketball