Warrriors Nemisis and Rival

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:59 am
What individual player would you say is the Warriors Nemisis?
What NBA Team would you say is the Warriors biggest Rival?

In my opinion, as a fan, I think Steven Jackson is our Nemisis right now, because I hate what he did demanding a trade right after signing a contract.
The team that is our Rival, would probably be Utah... i don't like them and I hate when we lose to them. After that I would say Dallas, I can't stand Dallas.

What teams do you guys think are the teams biggest enemies and why?
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:31 am
I don't know about the players, bit I really can't stand Dallas, and Lakers could be our rivals...if we were any close to them when it comes to quality.
Image
Image
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 2240
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:43 pm
Location: Foster City, CA
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:26 am
I don't think we're really good enough yet to have a nemesis or rival. You could always say the Lakers just because of the NoCal/SoCal thing. Nellie is gone, so I don't think Dallas is much of a rival anymore either.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:33 pm
I don't like Cowboys, because of 49ers, so, I guess I put Mavericks in the same category just for that reason. :)
Image
Image

Starting Lineup
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:01 am
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:11 pm
Our biggest nemesis is easily Don Nelson .. he depleted this team we got Vlade, Danny Gadz, Charlie Bell, Acie Law ... no J-Rich and don't forget the 2011 pick goes to the Nyets for fricking Marcus Williams. I still think the Curry instead of true point guard Jennings was a blunder with Ellis as your last remaining explosive player ... lets add another shooting guard on a team that can't bang in the post. As for rival ... it used to be the Fakers (until they pummeled us twice at Staples) considering we both were 44 win teams before the Gasoft swindle (we keep getting crappy lottery picks while the Fakers are in contention for a three peat.) With the Jennings vs Curry debate ... I think it is safe to say Nellie set this franchise back another Webberique 10 years of not sniffing the playoffs.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:32 am
dareedle wrote:Our biggest nemesis is easily Don Nelson .. he depleted this team we got Vlade, Danny Gadz, Charlie Bell, Acie Law ... no J-Rich and don't forget the 2011 pick goes to the Nyets for fricking Marcus Williams. I still think the Curry instead of true point guard Jennings was a blunder with Ellis as your last remaining explosive player ... lets add another shooting guard on a team that can't bang in the post. As for rival ... it used to be the Fakers (until they pummeled us twice at Staples) considering we both were 44 win teams before the Gasoft swindle (we keep getting crappy lottery picks while the Fakers are in contention for a three peat.) With the Jennings vs Curry debate ... I think it is safe to say Nellie set this franchise back another Webberique 10 years of not sniffing the playoffs.


None of that's Don Nelson fault !!!

He was never the General Manager of this team. You can blame Rob Rowell for those moves!!!

All Star
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:56 pm
PAWNO wrote:
dareedle wrote:Our biggest nemesis is easily Don Nelson .. he depleted this team we got Vlade, Danny Gadz, Charlie Bell, Acie Law ... no J-Rich and don't forget the 2011 pick goes to the Nyets for fricking Marcus Williams. I still think the Curry instead of true point guard Jennings was a blunder with Ellis as your last remaining explosive player ... lets add another shooting guard on a team that can't bang in the post. As for rival ... it used to be the Fakers (until they pummeled us twice at Staples) considering we both were 44 win teams before the Gasoft swindle (we keep getting crappy lottery picks while the Fakers are in contention for a three peat.) With the Jennings vs Curry debate ... I think it is safe to say Nellie set this franchise back another Webberique 10 years of not sniffing the playoffs.


None of that's Don Nelson fault !!!

He was never the General Manager of this team. You can blame Rob Rowell for those moves!!!


Cohan, Rowell, Mullin, and Nelson pretty much set the franchise back another generation. The list of inept moves and non-moves made by those clowns is so staggering that it pretty much allows us to say that the one rival franchise of the Warriors has to be the Clippers.

Picking Nelson over Webber; giving Jackson the huge contract extension; hHiring Nelson and trading away Richardson for Wright; and not making the trade for Amare. That is one heck of list.

New ownership and a new head coach are now in place. Let's hope that they have a master-plan to truly rebuild this franchise, because the previous regime had no plan other than panic, react, and hope.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2569
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:57 pm
Yes we traded J-Rich for Wright but it was partly because we wanted to keep Monta on the team. He was a little more of a priority than a declining J-Rich .. Without Jasons 10 mill off the books, we don't have Monta.

All Star
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:56 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Yes we traded J-Rich for Wright but it was partly because we wanted to keep Monta on the team. He was a little more of a priority than a declining J-Rich .. Without Jasons 10 mill off the books, we don't have Monta.


It was a terrible front office blunder; the team still has yet to recover.

The savings in cap space was neved used to improve the team.

Thank Guber and Lacob that those four idiots are gone!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Look behind you
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:13 pm
Denver Nuggets.
all those close games
~LilBallerx~

Image

All Star
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:36 pm
All the teams on the west we don't seem to get over the hump with, the Lakers are #1. Specially when you take account the so called Laker fans up here in Norcal who never grew up in socal but lived here their whole life, they never have an explanation of the reason they became a fan except for the winning/Kobe. I cant stand the fakers.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:32 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:All the teams on the west we don't seem to get over the hump with, the Lakers are #1. Specially when you take account the so called Laker fans up here in Norcal who never grew up in socal but lived here their whole life, they never have an explanation of the reason they became a fan except for the winning/Kobe. I cant stand the fakers.


you should come to a Raiders tailgate one time bro.

It's so funny... a lot of people fly up from L.A to Oakland for the games at the Coliseum and it's pretty evenly split down the middle of what hoops team you follow (there's a sprinkle of Sactown fans at raider games too)

But yeah... I can't stand the Lakers either, I respect Kobe & Phil... but you'd never see me rocking Grimace Purple and Canary Yellow.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:13 pm
Ok, my new Nemisis for the team is Cousins and new Rival Team is SAC.
Check out the last part of the Sacromento game thread from last night to find out why.

In the future hopefully both teams will get better and hopefully we beat them every time.
Its a natural North Cal rivalery, and since both teams prety much are starting from the bottom, it makes sense.

We will be comparing the success of ROY Evans to runner up Curry for years.
SO far this year Curry is winning.

And then we will be comparing Cousins with Udoh.
Cousins has an edge here only because Udoh is out.
And Cousins seems to not be able to stay out of trouble so far.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:49 pm
I don't think we need new rivalries. I mean, it is true that we are a lot similar to them, but I still want us to get better, and renew our old rivalries with Lakers, Mavericks perhaps...etc.

I kind of liked Kings before, that patriotic part in me was the reason, cause they had Peja Stojakovic and Vlade Divac at the time, and they were the biggest rivals of the Lakers during that period. Also, they had Webber, who was one of my favorite players, and he even came here on couple of occasions with Divac. So, that's a little bit hard to hate. :)
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:52 pm
i'd be very pleased if cousins had a bad career
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron