Keith Smart

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:27 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:This is all part of the masterplan to land a superstar. The last team Keith Smart coached, got the number 1 pick in the draft of Lebron James. We will either land Perry Jones or Harrison Barnes and then get a new coach next year.

Adelman could definitely get us to the playoffs. If a trio of Scola/Brooks and Martin can be in the hunt, I think one of Ellis, Curry and Lee could too. I don't know if he is a championship caliber coach, but that can be said about all coaches right now not named Doc Rivers or Greg Poppovich. Speaking of Poppovich I was hoping so much the Spurs would finally show their age this year and with Duncan close to retiring maybe Pop would take some time off, only to find a year later he missed basketball and coach a new team. It's too bad he's such a good coach he can probably have that team contending for a few more years.

Adelman is a great coach! He has lots of proven experience. If it wasn't for Phil Jackson and his stacked up teams Adleman would already have won a couple of championships. You can't compare the coaching job from Houston to us, it is not fair. Adelman has been there for a while now and has a system in place. Most of the players there know what needs to be done, and they have more experience then us. We have more raw talent, but it needs to be developed. Would Adelman be a better coach... i would be stupid to say no. Yes... Hell YES. But coach Smart is getting his chance, and the plus side is the players like him and he is getting them to compeat. Will we have a new coach next year... depends on the second half of this season and the CBA. I think if we win 30 of the last 40 games the management will keep Smart. If we loose 20 of the last 30, he is gone. Any where in between depends on who else is available.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:15 am
The Coooach wrote:I agree with everyone who says that Keith Smart is over-matched. He has know credibility with the refs and he doesn't know the strength and weakness of his players. He doesn't see the Admundson has bad hands and you should never run a pick and roll with him. He doesn't see the Radmonovich has know brain cells and make dumb, idiotic tunovers. He doesn't know that Reggie Williams is a much better starter than a bench player. He doesn't understand that Steph Curry needs to take more shots. He doesn't realize that Udoh is the best center on the team right now.

There is a better Coach on the bench right now. Calbert Chaney. He was a better player than Smart and he was one of Bobby Knights coach on the floor when he played. Smart rode the coat tail of Steve Alford when he was in college. Hey, get Bobby Knight. :-k

Did anyone watch the game last night against the Hornets? If Pietrus would have mad the plays that Rad did at the in end of the game you guys would be persecuting the hell out of him right now. I hate Vlad in critical situations. He made not 1, but 2 dumb, useless fouls that almost cost the Warriors the game. How can a guy be in the league 10 years an make plays like that?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:06 pm
The Coooach wrote:
The Coooach wrote:I agree with everyone who says that Keith Smart is over-matched. He has know credibility with the refs and he doesn't know the strength and weakness of his players. He doesn't see the Admundson has bad hands and you should never run a pick and roll with him. He doesn't see the Radmonovich has know brain cells and make dumb, idiotic tunovers. He doesn't know that Reggie Williams is a much better starter than a bench player. He doesn't understand that Steph Curry needs to take more shots. He doesn't realize that Udoh is the best center on the team right now.

There is a better Coach on the bench right now. Calbert Chaney. He was a better player than Smart and he was one of Bobby Knights coach on the floor when he played. Smart rode the coat tail of Steve Alford when he was in college. Hey, get Bobby Knight. :-k

Did anyone watch the game last night against the Hornets? If Pietrus would have mad the plays that Rad did at the in end of the game you guys would be persecuting the hell out of him right now. I hate Vlad in critical situations. He made not 1, but 2 dumb, useless fouls that almost cost the Warriors the game. How can a guy be in the league 10 years an make plays like that?

:roll:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/01/05/SPTL1H41TN.DTL&feed=rss.warriors

Lakers coach Phil Jackson called him a "space cadet" and "my favorite Martian."

"I have a lot of respect for coach Phil, but I think he's kind of a space cadet of his own," said Radmanovic, who played 2 1/2 seasons for the Lakers. "He's the guy who has won 11 championships, so whatever he says, people will take as fact. Now, everyone thinks I'm a dumbass."

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:28 pm
Nice article. I just hope he continues to play better and better. Despite whatever The Coooach will say. ::razz:

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:08 am
i'm too liking this new vlad. he's been huge in our improved play. he's a good 4 to stretch the floor for this team.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:45 am
Did you guys watch the game? Did you see him foul Chris Paul twice within 20 seconds and put him on the line twice in the last minute? The Warriors almost lost that game. All I'm saying is that if Udoh makes that type of play everyone here would be pissed and calling him a rookie. Even Barnett and Fitzgerald was wondering what the hell Vlad was doing. Keith Smart was screaming know fouls but Vlad kept going.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:06 am
coach, 'no' is spelled like that, not 'know'. relax, dude. yes, he makes one or two brainfarts in the game, but overall he's been good lately and possitives outweighs negatives. again, zero of us here, were in the 'dumb pietrus' bandwagon - most of them left this board, certainly guybrush was not here when pietrus was dumbed on.
you should leave your racism induced sensitivities outside this board, none of us are racist. and i was saying that vlad sucks and should be off the floor before he hit sac three and started to get things going for him.
that foul, well, i wouldn't call that a foul in true sense. refs like building tension and whistling breathers at the end of close games. it's show. yes it is dumb by design of the show, like that monta foul last year on j.r. smith, but none of them were true fouls. i would blame that on refs, and players less. since it hard not to try and defend at the end.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:58 am
martin wrote:coach, 'no' is spelled like that, not 'know'. relax, dude. yes, he makes one or two brainfarts in the game, but overall he's been good lately and possitives outweighs negatives. again, zero of us here, were in the 'dumb pietrus' bandwagon - most of them left this board, certainly guybrush was not here when pietrus was dumbed on.
you should leave your racism induced sensitivities outside this board, none of us are racist. and i was saying that vlad sucks and should be off the floor before he hit sac three and started to get things going for him.
that foul, well, i wouldn't call that a foul in true sense. refs like building tension and whistling breathers at the end of close games. it's show. yes it is dumb by design of the show, like that monta foul last year on j.r. smith, but none of them were true fouls. i would blame that on refs, and players less. since it hard not to try and defend at the end.

Ok Martin. First and foremost. I type so fast some time that I will mispell a word or two. So I really don't need you to be my English teacher. Secondly, I was not saying it to be racist. That thoght never crossed my mind. I was just thinking about how poor Pietrus weas persecuted when he was here. Like Vlad. pietrus did a lot of really good things here but his faults were always mentioned. Thirdly, i agree that most of the people that trashed Pietrus are no longer here. Thank God. You are wrong my friend for bringing in the racist stuff. That thought never crossed my mind. I was just trying to point out how a vet like Vlad is still making rookie mistakes.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:53 am
Like Martin said, I wasn't on the board when Pietrus was here, so I wasn't able to persecute him. And I don't believe I would do that either, cause I kind of liked him as a player.
I didn't watch the game against the Hornets unfortunately, but either way, if Rad did make some stupid fouls, that can happen, I guess he was trying too hard, or it was like Martin mentioned, the refs did them a favor. Still, because I didn't watch the game, I don't understand how it can happen, not once, but twice, at the very end of the game that Rad is left to guard Paul. That's bound to fail, and Smart should have done something about that.
Besides that, I don't remember Rad making some big mistakes at the end of the games, quite the opposite. That's why Smart was getting him on the floor in the final minutes. That three against Sacramento, and usually he's been good on defense so far, after that "outburst" in the media. Check his +/- and you will see that mostly we are making a difference during that time. I'm not saying that he's our best player, of course, but he's been good, and valuable so far, and even media is recognizing it. You can blame him for some mistakes, you're entitled to your opinion, and he probably did make them, but still, he's far from being the problem, once again, total opposite.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:03 am
The Coooach wrote:
martin wrote:coach, 'no' is spelled like that, not 'know'. relax, dude. yes, he makes one or two brainfarts in the game, but overall he's been good lately and possitives outweighs negatives. again, zero of us here, were in the 'dumb pietrus' bandwagon - most of them left this board, certainly guybrush was not here when pietrus was dumbed on.

Ok Martin. First and foremost. I type so fast some time that I will mispell a word or two. So I really don't need you to be my English teacher. Secondly, I was not saying it to be racist. That thoght never crossed my mind. I was just thinking about how poor Pietrus weas persecuted when he was here. Like Vlad. pietrus did a lot of really good things here but his faults were always mentioned. Thirdly, i agree that most of the people that trashed Pietrus are no longer here. Thank God. You are wrong my friend for bringing in the racist stuff. That thought never crossed my mind. I was just trying to point out how a vet like Vlad is still making rookie mistakes.

no hard feelings, coach, let's say i'm being humorous about your 'know' for 'no' - it was very often mispelled in your last posts, i assumed you were mad, so, i'm not being a teacher here, just a little teasing :)

as for racial, maybe i misremember something, i have no desire to go and check years old posts, but it kinda lingers accross my mind, that it had something to do with race as to why people would pick out pietrus for his mistakes adn call him blatantly dumb. hey, pietrus was a good scrabble (?) player and fun. i guess sense of humour is a big part of overall intelligence.

as you see, we no longer pickout on mistakes of players' (curry's made fair amount of them this year) here. we enjoy the positive, god nos ( :wink: ) we suffered enough. let's enjoy some better things that happened on the court.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:10 am
Guybrush wrote:Like Martin said, I wasn't on the board when Pietrus was here, so I wasn't able to persecute him. And I don't believe I would do that either, cause I kind of liked him as a player.
I didn't watch the game against the Hornets unfortunately, but either way, if Rad did make some stupid fouls, that can happen, I guess he was trying too hard, or it was like Martin mentioned, the refs did them a favor. Still, because I didn't watch the game, I don't understand how it can happen, not once, but twice, at the very end of the game that Rad is left to guard Paul. That's bound to fail, and Smart should have done something about that.
Besides that, I don't remember Rad making some big mistakes at the end of the games, quite the opposite. That's why Smart was getting him on the floor in the final minutes. That three against Sacramento, and usually he's been good on defense so far, after that "outburst" in the media. Check his +/- and you will see that mostly we are making a difference during that time. I'm not saying that he's our best player, of course, but he's been good, and valuable so far, and even media is recognizing it. You can blame him for some mistakes, you're entitled to your opinion, and he probably did make them, but still, he's far from being the problem, once again, total opposite.

I agree that Vlad is not the problem like Pietrus was not the problem. If I had to blame anyone about the Warriors 2nd half collapses it would have to be on the head coach, Keith Smart. I guess I'm just so surprised that a 10 year vet with championship rings would make these type of rookie mistakes. Not once, but twice in a row. I actually like Vlad and I really enjoy the way he swoops to the hoop on his dunks. Reminds me of Dr. J with his one-hand dunks. I'm glad he is starting to play like the big man that he is. I actually have him on one of my fantasy teams. I'm not a Vlad hater. I don't hate any of the Warriors.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:24 pm
I'm with Coach on this one.... I'm not a Vlad hater, but he makes some.... silly mistakes. I think the problem is he doesn't have great Basket Ball IQ. But he is experienced, so we kind of expect more from him. What makes his mistakes even more evident is that when he does something wrong... he tries to over compensate, and he compounds on the problem by comiting another mistake.

He still has some of his lingering talent from before, I am told he was more impresive in his earlier years, and that is evident in some nice key plays he makes. He is big, and he is a shooter. He can play defense well and gives you energy. If he had better basketball IQ, he would get a lot more minutes for this team because he can cause match up problems at the 3 and 4. You can play big with him at the 3 and move Wright to the 2, or you could play small with him at the 4 or 5, and have a three point threat like Curry, Ellis, Williams, Wright, and Vlad on the floor. It wouldn't work all the time, but during key match ups where the other team goes small, or if you need to speed up the game because you are down 10 late in the game. His experience and abilities are good for the team, but he makes too many mistakes that he shouldn't, that is why he gets us frusturated, and that is why Coach Smart hasn't given up on him.

Because of his contract, i doubt he will be around for the long term though. Maybe, just maybe, if we don't trade him and he plays well down the stretch, we resign him for a much more logical contract amount. But there are more guys out there that we will probably target... save that for a different topic.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:15 pm
i don't believe he has low bb iq. he makes plays, sees the floor and mistaked may result, asides other factors, maybe, just maybe, of wanting to do too much, which is not a matter of any iq.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:21 pm
I can't see the games here in Greece but the reason for the 2nd half collapses i believe is players fatigue. Because of injuries they played way too many minutes, and most of the time with health issues of their own, so it's only natural.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:59 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:I'm with Coach on this one.... I'm not a Vlad hater, but he makes some.... silly mistakes. I think the problem is he doesn't have great Basket Ball IQ. But he is experienced, so we kind of expect more from him. What makes his mistakes even more evident is that when he does something wrong... he tries to over compensate, and he compounds on the problem by comiting another mistake.

He still has some of his lingering talent from before, I am told he was more impresive in his earlier years, and that is evident in some nice key plays he makes. He is big, and he is a shooter. He can play defense well and gives you energy. If he had better basketball IQ, he would get a lot more minutes for this team because he can cause match up problems at the 3 and 4. You can play big with him at the 3 and move Wright to the 2, or you could play small with him at the 4 or 5, and have a three point threat like Curry, Ellis, Williams, Wright, and Vlad on the floor. It wouldn't work all the time, but during key match ups where the other team goes small, or if you need to speed up the game because you are down 10 late in the game. His experience and abilities are good for the team, but he makes too many mistakes that he shouldn't, that is why he gets us frusturated, and that is why Coach Smart hasn't given up on him.

Because of his contract, i doubt he will be around for the long term though. Maybe, just maybe, if we don't trade him and he plays well down the stretch, we resign him for a much more logical contract amount. But there are more guys out there that we will probably target... save that for a different topic.

x23 million
~LilBallerx~

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball