Brandon Wright

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


All Star
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:01 pm
uptempo wrote:
Raider1015 wrote:You would rather have Amare for $100m over $80m for Lee?


Yes, Amare is a much better player. Compare the Knicks with Lee vs. the Knicks with Amare.


Did you watch this afternoon's Warrior vs. Timberwolves game as well as this evening's Knicks vs. Heat game?

Which player, Lee or Amare, made the key shot block on a shot attempted by one of the NBA's best players at the end of the game to seal a victory over a playoff bound team?
Last edited by uptempo on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Look behind you
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:11 pm
uptempo wrote:
uptempo wrote:
Raider1015 wrote:You would rather have Amare for $100m over $80m for Lee?


Yes, Amare is a much better player. Compare the Knicks with Lee vs. the Knicks with Amare.


Did you watch this afternoon's Warrior vs. Timberwolves game as well as this evening's Knicks vs. Heat game?

Which player, Lee or Amare, made the key shot block by one of the NBA's best players at the end of the game to seal a victory over a playoff bound team?


you can't use one game to base everything off....but I still agree with you. Amare>Lee is nearly every way...
~LilBallerx~

Image
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:38 am
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:20 am
uptempo wrote:Now that Brandon Wright has been traded away, we can thank the Warrior front office for having traded away Jason Richardson for what is now a future second round pick.


Obviously, I agree with this--I did want to give Wright a chance but he was injured so much of the time wtf, over? I do wish they'd kept JRich but it was fun watching him play for the Suns (and be in the playoffs for a change!). I haven't seen him with the Magic yet-hopefully he'll help them improve. Really wish we had a quality player to show rather than a second round pick for the player who was the heart and soul of the team.

All Star
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:55 am
LilBallerx8 wrote:
uptempo wrote:
uptempo wrote:
Raider1015 wrote:You would rather have Amare for $100m over $80m for Lee?


Yes, Amare is a much better player. Compare the Knicks with Lee vs. the Knicks with Amare.


Did you watch this afternoon's Warrior vs. Timberwolves game as well as this evening's Knicks vs. Heat game?

Which player, Lee or Amare, made the key shot block by one of the NBA's best players at the end of the game to seal a victory over a playoff bound team?


you can't use one game to base everything off....but I still agree with you. Amare>Lee is nearly every way...


BTW, I do like David Lee...a lot...but not for $80 million and not without an inside-playing center.

Rookie
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:19 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:12 pm
we dump wright to sign thornton.... i was really high on wright when we got him, his physical ratios and hook shot looked really good. has no motor.... He's opposite of AR but both are fragile in different ways, they needed to just be thrown out there and let them fail, but gain confidence/experience- i.e. thunder when they won 20 games.
hope he lives up to being called the 3nd best player in the KD draft ( before it happened)
But i doubt we were going to resign him, so might as well get something.... BUT FAIL riley FAIL. We didn't get anything for him!
A second and Murphys contract?
We had to buy him out! and let him go for nothing... We coulda used that same money to buy a second, and still have BW to trade for another.....

All Star
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:35 pm
jamesnamida wrote:we dump wright to sign thornton.... i was really high on wright when we got him, his physical ratios and hook shot looked really good. has no motor.... He's opposite of AR but both are fragile in different ways, they needed to just be thrown out there and let them fail, but gain confidence/experience- i.e. thunder when they won 20 games.
hope he lives up to being called the 3nd best player in the KD draft ( before it happened)
But i doubt we were going to resign him, so might as well get something.... BUT FAIL riley FAIL. We didn't get anything for him!
A second and Murphys contract?
We had to buy him out! and let him go for nothing... We coulda used that same money to buy a second, and still have BW to trade for another.....


Jason Richardson was traded away for a second round draft pick. Once again, our Warrior front office demonstrates a keen ability to snatch a defeat away from the jaws of victory.

Moderator
Posts: 5314
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:37 pm
and unfortunately we don't suck too bad where we dont get top 5 picks.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21216
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:50 pm
Seriously, draft picks mean close to nothing, especially in the fact that you may just lose them after their rookie contract, if you decide to go with them that long that is. I much prefer proven players who have at least four or so years of experience and want to play for the team concept, something rookies really don't want, they're out for themselves to prove themselves.

Really hope for proper roster changes, it really has been a long time since the team looked stable enough to make the playoffs year after year and that to me was back in the early 1990s with the likes of THardaway, Mullin, Owens and Marciulionis
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Moderator
Posts: 5314
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:17 pm
that's not true, most rookies are willing to take the "team" concept. And they are cheaper than most vets.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21216
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:46 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:that's not true, most rookies are willing to take the "team" concept. And they are cheaper than most vets.




Rookies are unproven, that's the main point. A risk of money and a risk of not staying, like I think Curry is going to do.

I'd much rather get proven players that can play a role, as you know what they bring and all the championship teams have been built with proven players, rarely have there been great rookies on championship teams, even players who have played about four years or so and were great rookies for that team and picked in the draft by that team
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests