Brandon Wright

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:56 am
What is with this kid?

Does he have the talent to become a legitimate NBA power forward?

What is his injury status?

Are we all still happy that the team had traded Richardson away in order to draft Wright?

I want to see the kid succeed; however, I still don't see what he brings to the team.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:01 pm
he's the Warriors' Alex Smith

a high draft pick
was chosen over a better player (Aaron Rogers / Jason Richardson)
have had flashes of hope (like yesterday's win vs Seahawks)
but a career filled with inconsistency & injury

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:23 pm
uptempo wrote:What is with this kid?

Does he have the talent to become a legitimate NBA power forward?

What is his injury status?

Are we all still happy that the team had traded Richardson away in order to draft Wright?

I want to see the kid succeed; however, I still don't see what he brings to the team.

To answer your question, he brings length. He seems to have good BBIQ. However, it would take 5 BW's to equal 1 JR.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:25 pm
He did show some promise of talent, even the last game vs orlando you could see some good things... but that is probably all he is ever going to be.... a what if. What if he could stay healthy. What if he developed....
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:47 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:He did show some promise of talent, even the last game vs orlando you could see some good things... but that is probably all he is ever going to be.... a what if. What if he could stay healthy. What if he developed....

Kind of reminds you of the Mitch richmond for Billy Owens trade. Actually, Billy Owens wasn't a bad ball player. he had a bad supporting cast. It's amazing how JR changed his game from being just a high flier to a well-rounded basketball player. He will forever be one of my all-time favorite Warrior.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:10 am
The Coooach wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:He did show some promise of talent, even the last game vs orlando you could see some good things... but that is probably all he is ever going to be.... a what if. What if he could stay healthy. What if he developed....

Kind of reminds you of the Mitch richmond for Billy Owens trade. Actually, Billy Owens wasn't a bad ball player. he had a bad supporting cast. It's amazing how JR changed his game from being just a high flier to a well-rounded basketball player. He will forever be one of my all-time favorite Warrior.

Owens was the right player for the team at the time and with Marciulionis, Richmond was not a real necessity, not like getting a big man that rebounded. Owens was just injuryplagued and never got a real chance to play here longterm, having only played three seasons here, the second one almost injured the whole of that season.

BW has shown next to nothing and looks like never being anything. He might even be out of the nba soon

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:15 pm
~LilBallerx~

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:49 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:Image

Lmao...I agree. Injured a good percent of the time. No need for him.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:38 pm
Now that Brandon Wright has been traded away, we can thank the Warrior front office for having traded away Jason Richardson for what is now a future second round pick.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:25 am
uptempo wrote:Now that Brandon Wright has been traded away, we can thank the Warrior front office for having traded away Jason Richardson for what is now a future second round pick.

That trade was one of the worst in franchise history, but we move on and this new ownership has just taken over and needs more time to show if they're any good

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:50 am
Whatever people, same people who thought Pietrus and Belinelli were busts are BW haters. BW may not be great, but I just can't wait to see the wasted 2nd round pick. 4 PG moved on the trading deadline and we got taa da a second round pick. Seriously, having Vlade, DLee, Curry, Ellis on the floor means all your bigs like Beans and BW will look bad on defense, because next to Dunleavy and Murphy ... it looks like a real bad defensive lineup. Riley is a tool, and Smart will live and die with the 3 ball into a brand new contract with two cheap owners .... Ellison anyone ... the guy who won the American's cup ... the guy's that gave you the cheapest bench in the NBA (Lin, Williams) and guaranteed lottery pick (sure saved that lottery protected pick for this year that Jersey sent the nuggets for melo).

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:20 am
dareedle wrote:Whatever people, same people who thought Pietrus and Belinelli were busts are BW haters. BW may not be great, but I just can't wait to see the wasted 2nd round pick. 4 PG moved on the trading deadline and we got taa da a second round pick. Seriously, having Vlade, DLee, Curry, Ellis on the floor means all your bigs like Beans and BW will look bad on defense, because next to Dunleavy and Murphy ... it looks like a real bad defensive lineup. Riley is a tool, and Smart will live and die with the 3 ball into a brand new contract with two cheap owners .... Ellison anyone ... the guy who won the American's cup ... the guy's that gave you the cheapest bench in the NBA (Lin, Williams) and guaranteed lottery pick (sure saved that lottery protected pick for this year that Jersey sent the nuggets for melo).

Agreed.

Once again, we Warrior fans are victimized by the results of having a slow, inept, and reactive front office:
-Mullin could not pull the trigger on putting together a deal for acquiring KG from the Timber wolves for a package which would have included Brandon Wright (too many moving parts for a guy who was intellectually over-matched).
-Riley would make the trade for Amare because Nelson did not want to give up Curry (a coach's vanity wins out over sanity).
-Riley gives Lee the $80 million contract (panic by a guy who wanted to show his new bosses that he can put together a deal)

Now we are stuck with an incomplete team; a slow, inept, and reactive front office; and an ownership group which looks like"Cohan 2.0."
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:39 pm
I ope you guys realize that that trade was meant to land KG in Oakland, not ONLY Wright
~LilBallerx~

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:19 pm
You would rather have Amare for $100m over $80m for Lee? Did you realize Lee is younger, isn't a ticking knee bomb waiting to explode and had better last season? I didn't even mention that he fits our team needs much better than Amare (rebounding).

I think you're buying way too much into Amare putting up numbers on a run-and-gun team that Warriors fans--of all people--should know inflates scoring statistics.

And as Lil said, Brandan Wright was DRAFTED as a Kevin Garnett trading piece. And that trade could have included Monta Ellis, so it's not exactly the worst thing in the world that it fell through. And Curry for Amare? I'll pass. Huzzah for .500 in the eastern conference.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:37 am
Raider1015 wrote:You would rather have Amare for $100m over $80m for Lee?

Yes, Amare is a much better player. Compare the Knicks with Lee vs. the Knicks with Amare.

Raider1015 wrote:And as Lil said, Brandan Wright was DRAFTED as a Kevin Garnett trading piece. And that trade could have included Monta Ellis, so it's not exactly the worst thing in the world that it fell through.

Getting Garnett would have given the Warriors Baron, Jackson, and Garnett as our Big Three and would have given the team a chance to become and elite team.

BTW, I am assuming with your screen name that you are a Raider fan. If the CBA gets done (a bit IF), I can see the Raiders upgrading their offensive line and really competing for the AFC title. At least one East Bay team is heading in the right direction.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball