Tired of Biedrins

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:21 pm
So here I am double posting, but something just came to mind.. Remember during the offseason when he made all those remarks about his teamates being selfish and maybe not wanting to stay in GS? I wonder how much of that is translating into this season? I know part of his dismay had to do with Don Nelson. He seems like he's not focused out there at all on most nights.. It probably has to do with bad chemistry more than anything I don't know... Since Baron left, so has Biedrins, and I just don't get it..
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:35 pm
basketball is not his priority... it's among them, but it's not at the top... the second he got paid was the second he checked out of hustle mode...

we should negotiate a buy out -- adonal foyle 2.0
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:59 am
Keith Smart is going to get fired because he's not willing to sit Andris down. The same way Singletary got fired because he insisted on playing Alex Smith. I can't believe Keith Smart is willing to hook his young coachinf career on Biedrins. Neither Smart nor Singletary will ever get a chance to be a head coach again.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:09 pm
Biendris is not the kind of player that can produce his own shot. He need's a good playmaker to give him the ball exactly the right moment to score. Our problem since Baron left is that we don't have a PG any more. We have a SG who needs half the ball for him and a young SG who we try to make him play PG because he is too short to play SG. So far we are not succeeding and Curry's assist/game number tell's everything. Coach hes been trying as i read to fix this with drill's but for the moment, no one knows if Curry will ever be a good PG in the NBA level. For the moment we just hope that he will.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:58 am
I totally and respectfully with your take Tron. the re-incarnation Magic Johnson could make Biedrins a good or dervicable center. Steph is wa wonderful player and a wonderful passer. Not perfect, but who is. Biedrins has absolutely no moves, no shot, no confidence. If you have to be THAT EXACT to help a player, that player cannot play in the NBA. Any pro will tell the the majority of the game is improvisation. Michael Jordan goes on record by saying that he never knew what he was going to do with the ball untill he did it. Basketball is not like playing wide receiver in foot ball where you go down the field 10 yards and buttonhook. You have to be able to improvise as you go along.

Also, most big players don't have set plays ran for them. They get there big asses on the boards and on peolple. You honestly think Dallas run plays for Tyson Chandler? Boston never ran a play to set-up Perkins. Ben Wallace never get plays ran for him. These are all servicable centers. And you blame Steph? I guess you want to trade Steph and keep Andris. Oh my, that is big laugh my friend.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:30 am
:mrgreen:

You throw some pearlers sometimes Reg

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:42 am
The Coooach wrote:I totally and respectfully with your take Tron. the re-incarnation Magic Johnson could make Biedrins a good or dervicable center. Steph is wa wonderful player and a wonderful passer. Not perfect, but who is. Biedrins has absolutely no moves, no shot, no confidence. If you have to be THAT EXACT to help a player, that player cannot play in the NBA. Any pro will tell the the majority of the game is improvisation. Michael Jordan goes on record by saying that he never knew what he was going to do with the ball untill he did it. Basketball is not like playing wide receiver in foot ball where you go down the field 10 yards and buttonhook. You have to be able to improvise as you go along.

Also, most big players don't have set plays ran for them. They get there big asses on the boards and on peolple. You honestly think Dallas run plays for Tyson Chandler? Boston never ran a play to set-up Perkins. Ben Wallace never get plays ran for him. These are all servicable centers. And you blame Steph? I guess you want to trade Steph and keep Andris. Oh my, that is big laugh my friend.

A good PG makes everybody better. The point is we don't have one. We can spend the next 2-3 years trying to make Curry PG or trade to get one now. I don't say that Biendris is a starter but with Baron at least he was a bouble - double player. Curry is good but everybody in the league ask the same question, "can he ever be a legit PG?".

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:15 am
TRON wrote:
The Coooach wrote:I totally and respectfully with your take Tron. the re-incarnation Magic Johnson could make Biedrins a good or dervicable center. Steph is wa wonderful player and a wonderful passer. Not perfect, but who is. Biedrins has absolutely no moves, no shot, no confidence. If you have to be THAT EXACT to help a player, that player cannot play in the NBA. Any pro will tell the the majority of the game is improvisation. Michael Jordan goes on record by saying that he never knew what he was going to do with the ball untill he did it. Basketball is not like playing wide receiver in foot ball where you go down the field 10 yards and buttonhook. You have to be able to improvise as you go along.

A good PG makes everybody better. The point is we don't have one. We can spend the next 2-3 years trying to make Curry PG or trade to get one now. I don't say that Biendris is a starter but with Baron at least he was a bouble - double player. Curry is good but everybody in the league ask the same question, "can he ever be a legit PG?".

bouble - double player :banghead:
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:57 am
facue420 wrote:
TRON wrote:

Andris Biendris
Year T G m/g FG% FT% R/G B/G P/G
2008-09 GS 62 30:06 57.8 55.1 11.2 1.6 11.9

Not super, simply better and useful.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:56 am
TRON wrote:
facue420 wrote:
TRON wrote:

Andris Biendris
Year T G m/g FG% FT% R/G B/G P/G
2008-09 GS 62 30:06 57.8 55.1 11.2 1.6 11.9

Not super, simply better and useful.

You can quote all that stats you want. This guy isn't even servicable. You think he would start for any other team in this league? No way. You think Paul, Nash, Parker, Williams, Billups, or any other point guard would want Andris as their center. Plus to blame his problems on Steph is absurd. Steph is a vety good point guard. BTW, what point guard has ever been the main reason a team win a championship anyway? You have to go all the way back to Magic. Jordan never need a great point guard. Parker has been very good but not the main reason the Spurs have won championships. Derek Fisher? No way. Tosacrifice a talented player like Curry is not only absurd, it would be stupid. The Warriors have finally done one thing right. Get Andris weak, lazy, non-productive, no free-throw shooting ass out of there and start Udoh.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:11 am
Lets face it, this team doesn't have a Baron Davis or Stephen Jackson type player that can get Biedrins the ball. As bad as Davis and Jackson has been away from GS, they got people involved. They were able to penetrate and feed a rolling Biedrins. With guys like Ellis, he doesn't get those same opportunities. Ellis would rather shoot the ball over 4 defenders before passing the ball. Ellis just doesn't have that basketball sense or smarts to make plays on a consistent basis. I think under the circumstances, Biedrins could be a serviceable player.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:40 am
BayAreaHoopz wrote:Lets face it, this team doesn't have a Baron Davis or Stephen Jackson type player that can get Biedrins the ball. As bad as Davis and Jackson has been away from GS, they got people involved. They were able to penetrate and feed a rolling Biedrins. With guys like Ellis, he doesn't get those same opportunities. Ellis would rather shoot the ball over 4 defenders before passing the ball. Ellis just doesn't have that basketball sense or smarts to make plays onget his basis. I think under the circumstances, Biedrins could be a serviceable player.

Don't say he doesn't have the smarts (Monta). he's just not that type a player. Why so adament about getting Biedrins involved. Wouold you rather have Biedrins involved or Monta involved? Would you rather have Biedrins or Monrta. If you have to bend waaaaaaay over just to andres involved then it;s just not worth it. I bet you guys think Alex Smith is a good quarterback too.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:17 am
BayAreaHoopz wrote:Lets face it, this team doesn't have a Baron Davis or Stephen Jackson type player that can get Biedrins the ball. As bad as Davis and Jackson has been away from GS, they got people involved. They were able to penetrate and feed a rolling Biedrins. With guys like Ellis, he doesn't get those same opportunities. Ellis would rather shoot the ball over 4 defenders before passing the ball. Ellis just doesn't have that basketball sense or smarts to make plays on a consistent basis. I think under the circumstances, Biedrins could be a serviceable player.

Agreed. I do think AB has quit the last two years. At least he played his part well when Baron and SJack were here.

The biggest thing to me is whether Curry, who likely will not stay after his rookie contract ends, will be anywhere near as good as THardaway and Baron were here

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:26 pm
migya wrote:
BayAreaHoopz wrote:Lets face it, this team doesn't have a Baron Davis or Stephen Jackson type player that can get Biedrins the ball. As bad as Davis and Jackson has been away from GS, they got people involved. They were able to penetrate and feed a rolling Biedrins. With guys like Ellis, he doesn't get those same opportunities. Ellis would rather shoot the ball over 4 defenders before passing the ball. Ellis just doesn't have that basketball sense or smarts to make plays on a consistent basis. I think under the circumstances, Biedrins could be a serviceable player.

Agreed. I do think AB has quit the last two years. At least he played his part well when Baron and SJack were here.

The biggest thing to me is whether Curry, who likely will not stay after his rookie contract ends, will be anywhere near as good as THardaway and Baron were here

When my PG has 5.5 A/G it means that at some nights he gets 2 assist. It means i don't have a PG. Between Magic Johnson and not having a PG there is a lot of ground to cover. We may don't need a super PG but we do need a good one. Someone to make the right decision's. Curry is a very talented player but he is a natural SG who play's at PG just because he is too short. That is the ugly truth. It is the very reason why he doesn't seem to have the right value on the market. I believe this team has only one keeper and that is Dorel. Not because he is super but because he is the only player in this team without real weakness. Lee is no good defender, Ellis is short and not good defender, Biendris is absent. I may be wrong but i feel that the Warriors must rebuilt from scratch.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:52 am
TRON wrote:
migya wrote:

When my PG has 5.5 A/G it means that at some nights he gets 2 assist. It means i don't have a PG. Between Magic Johnson and not having a PG there is a lot of ground to cover. We may don't need a super PG but we do need a good one. Someone to make the right decision's. Curry is a very talented player but he is a natural SG who play's at PG just because he is too short. That is the ugly truth. It is the very reason why he doesn't seem to have the right value on the market. I believe this team has only one keeper and that is Dorel. Not because he is super but because he is the only player in this team without real weakness. Lee is no good defender, Ellis is short and not good defender, Biendris is absent. I may be wrong but i feel that the Warriors must rebuilt from scratch.

Yeah, you're right about one thing my friend, Tron. You are right when you say you might be wrong. The Warriors do not need to be built from scratch. Dorel right has a big weakness, He's turn-over prone and a bad rebounder for someone his height. He's Stephen Jackson like when he trys to drive. I don't know where you get off on Steph not being a legitimate point guard. He almost and should have been rookie of the year. Every team in the league would love to have Steph. Magic himself will have a difficult time making Andris a servicable player. Don't blame Steph for Andris failings. Is it Steph's fault Andris can't get 5 rebounds a game? Is it Steph's fault Andris is shooting 16% from the foul line? Is it Steph's fault that Andris stands there like a statue and don't even try to get in position for the ball? Let me ask you this? Would you trade Steph for Baron Davis just so that Baron can get andris the ball? As you can see Tron, my friend, not many are agreeing with you on your take. But I respect you for sticking with it. Some people stuck with the Titanic also.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball