Tired of Biedrins

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:18 pm
I'm tired of Andris punk ass. He can't play with the big boys. He's soft and weak. He was literally afraid against the Heat. He's just a little girl. He doesn't have the heart of Gadzuric or Admundson. What a waste of size.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:03 am
After that 28pts 30rebs game he hasn't been himself anymore, but you can't deny the fact that teammates aren't giving him the ball - how is he supposed to score without the ball in his hands?
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:53 pm
Maybe it would help if he tried to win some offensive rebounds...

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:34 pm
It looked pretty obvious to me that he was scared to play against the Heat.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:09 am
saw em at club the night b4 heats vs warriors game... so theres chances they go to the game with hangover..
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:30 pm
facue420 wrote:saw em at club the night b4 heats vs warriors game... so theres chances they go to the game with hangover..

andris at the club
-snorts-
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:35 pm
affraid against the heat? who illgauskas? dampier? doubt that... i'll bet much of the time he was out of position because of wade and lebron causing chaos...
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:30 pm
Beans got back some of that lost confidence, but its just not enough. The issues with the free-throw shooting is horrid, he air-balled against the Jazz right ? and missed the first one real bad. He is shooting a miserable 25%, and getting to the line less than 1 time a game.

Give Gadz his minutes, and Udoh, rather see Lou at PF, and trade Beans, his trade value is low but not sure it will improve. I will take an expire at this point and manage the rest of the season with the other bigs, I don't see a huge drop off if he leaves.

The best trading partner at this time is Detroit, we could try and get Tayshaun Prince, who could help the team but is also an expire. I was thinking Rip Hamilton, but too many years on his contract and too much money.

Bring Troy Murphy back, yes his is soft, super duper soft, but we are talking expires here, plus he could help in certain situation.

Raptors need a center bad, but not sure who they would give up.

Moving Beans is propriety, at $9 million he is not worth it, but not sure what team would take the bait without us getting raped too bad in a trade.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:39 pm
No, you need to keep Beans.. Yes he is not playing well enough to deserve his contract, but considering there are not a lot of good centers out there, I would keep him. He is young and will improve wiht time. He is only 24 or 25 right now, can't remember. He still has a lot of years, and he is playing decently enough to be a backup. So you get a free agent next summer. Someone at the $8 million mark. There are some bigs out there that can be had for that, maybe dalembert, perkins is a free agent, but will probably go for more. Who knows, how Epke will be, but you do need plenty of bigs to be an eliete team. Just negociate a smaller contract for beans next time. Or maybe he will start to get better again. I don't think he has peaked, and he has a good relationship with the rest of the team.

Again, I think our best bet is to keep him for now, even though he is not worth his contract. Then just bring in another experienced center (but not too old).
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:24 pm
Unless the team can get their hands on one of the top 5 to 10 Centers, there's no point getting rid of AB. He does his job pretty good and fits the team roster quite well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:37 am
If you expect Biedrins to score on a regular basis, then you are going to be disappointed most nights. He has very little offensive skills and will never develop into an offensive player. His lack of free throw skills seriously hinders him as he's scared to make any kind of offensive moves in fear of getting fouled. He's an overrated rebounder and not a factor on the defensive end. If this guy was a rookie, then I'd roll with it, but he's been in the league for 6 years. He's not going to get any stronger and is improvement is going to be minimal. WYSIWYG and for $9M a year for 3 more years?

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:24 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:No, you need to keep Beans.. Yes he is not playing well enough to deserve his contract, but considering there are not a lot of good centers out there, I would keep him. He is young and will improve wiht time. He is only 24 or 25 right now, can't remember. He still has a lot of years, and he is playing decently enough to be a backup. So you get a free agent next summer. Someone at the $8 million mark. There are some bigs out there that can be had for that, maybe dalembert, perkins is a free agent, but will probably go for more. Who knows, how Epke will be, but you do need plenty of bigs to be an eliete team. Just negociate a smaller contract for beans next time. Or maybe he will start to get better again. I don't think he has peaked, and he has a good relationship with the rest of the team.

Again, I think our best bet is to keep him for now, even though he is not worth his contract. Then just bring in another experienced center (but not too old).

This summer Biedrins in one of the interviews in his homeland told that he was a bit tired of Basketball and Warriors as a basketball club, he would be very happy to join some other team and one more thing he mentioned he does not plan to play after he reaches 30 years. Well sure, after that you can't expect him to be reluctant at all, but this does tell something about his motivation and you can easily see he doesn't have that attitude that he can only get through hard work. He just can't perform if he is only giving to the game 50ty %. Guy has to work, but the problem is - he doesn't want to.
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:00 am
Shed wrote:This summer Biedrins in one of the interviews in his homeland told that he was a bit tired of Basketball and Warriors as a basketball club, he would be very happy to join some other team and one more thing he mentioned he does not plan to play after he reaches 30 years. Well sure, after that you can't expect him to be reluctant at all, but this does tell something about his motivation and you can easily see he doesn't have that attitude that he can only get through hard work. He just can't perform if he is only giving to the game 50ty %. Guy has to work, but the problem is - he doesn't want to.

Hello? This is like 6 months old news. Everyone here on this board has read or seen that interview. Biedrins already explained himself after he returned from Latvia.

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:22 am
gaga_warioz wrote:
Hello? This is like 6 months old news. Everyone here on this board has read or seen that interview. Biedrins already explained himself after he returned from Latvia.

I have no doubts that "everyone on the board" have read that interview, but since this thread is put on discussion I simply reminded of this relevant event. Maybe I wrote too many details about it, but on no circumstances I deserved your foolish "hello".
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:45 am
Shed wrote:I have no doubts that "everyone on the board" have read that interview, but since this thread is put on discussion I simply reminded of this relevant event. Maybe I wrote too many details about it, but on no circumstances I deserved your foolish "hello".

You get no Christmas prezent neither from me nor from Joakim Noah! Gailis.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball