Would you trade Monta for IGGY?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:35 am
I would fo shooo

Edit: yeah you're right. I changed it from Melo to Iggy :)
Last edited by rockyBeli on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:12 am
is this really new thread worthy? this is basically a rhetorical question. melo would be the answer for all of our problems mainly FT scoring which monta is horrible at for a player of his caliber.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:46 pm
Depending on our record closer to the trade deadline I might. I think we need stability more than anything. Constant changes doesn't build continuity.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:34 pm
monta for nash

nash
curry
dwright
lee
beans
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:27 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:monta for nash

nash
curry
dwright
lee
beans

Nash = horrible defender

Curry guarding 2's = ugly

That line-up would suck.

And would I trade Monta for Iggy? mmm.. maybe

Curry
Iggy
Wright
Lee
Udoh

... the addition of Iggy + Udoh on defense would make some impact ... so why not. We'd also have RW off the bench to play 2 or the 3
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:31 am
Steve Nash is god. I watched the last Suns game against Wizards, he made 7/7 jumpshots and gave about the same number of alley oops to Warrick and other nigaz.

I suggest this lineup for Goldenstate Warriors:

PG: Bruce Lee
SG: Chuck Norris
SF: Barack Obama
PF: Batman
C: Optimus Prime
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:24 am
I agree Nash is god, albeit a god with defensive liabilities, but how many more years does he have left in him, maybe a couple?
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:00 am
Real question is :

How long until the Heat find a way to get Nash
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:00 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Real question is :

That would be ridiculous.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:10 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Real question is :

I don't think the suns would give up nash, he is one of the few reasons to attend a phoenix game.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:54 pm
gaga_warioz wrote:Steve Nash is god. I watched the last Suns game against Wizards, he made 7/7 jumpshots and gave about the same number of alley oops to Warrick and other nigaz.

i think barack and batman would be way too small for the 3 and 4 spot although i love optimus prime at the 5... i think someone like Hercules could hold down one of the forward positions and shrek would be a perfect candidate for the 4
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:17 pm
gaga_warioz wrote:Steve Nash is god. I watched the last Suns game against Wizards, he made 7/7 jumpshots and gave about the same number of alley oops to Warrick and other nigaz.

thats all you need bro
~LilBallerx~

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:04 am
Gee, what is wrong with this team. A center who does not score, an undersized PF that can't defend, an over-rated DW (not great defense, hit and miss jumper and no slash), Ellis (well at least he scores a lot), and PG bust Curry ... lucky to be the next Jason Terry and that is a big if not to mention no fricking bench. We need to keep Smart as head coach for the next 3 years because he will deliver more lottery balls ...can't beat a good team and can't win on the road ... at least we can watch Dunleavy, Richardson, Belli and Pietrus in the playoffs ... hopefully we will see BW in the playoffs next year on another roster ... I just can't wait.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:03 pm
dareedle wrote:Gee, what is wrong with this team. A center who does not score, an undersized PF that can't defend, an over-rated DW (not great defense, hit and miss jumper and no slash), Ellis (well at least he scores a lot), and PG bust Curry ... lucky to be the next Jason Terry and that is a big if not to mention no fricking bench. We need to keep Smart as head coach for the next 3 years because he will deliver more lottery balls ...can't beat a good team and can't win on the road ... at least we can watch Dunleavy, Richardson, Belli and Pietrus in the playoffs ... hopefully we will see BW in the playoffs next year on another roster ... I just can't wait.

I can't wait for you to get banned.
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:29 am
In that SA game tonight, I thought there was an interesting lineup on the floor (when the game didn't matter anymore) that I would like to see more of:
PG - Ellis
SG - D. Wright
SF - Vlad
PF - Lee
C - Beans

This to me looks like a nice starting lineup that can play better D then our current one. But there is one reason I would like to see this, it is because our lack of a bench.
We saw what reggie can do, but he isn't consistent and needs more help. If we bring curry off the bench, we can have him focus on pushing the ball, shooting and running the second unit (which he is good at). You would have coming off the bench: Curry, Reggie, Amoundson, and Dan G... Udoh once he is healthy and can produce. That bench doesn't look too shaby anymore.

It is not like curry is going to get less minutes either, he can still log 30+, and he will come in for Vlad at the 5 min mark and ellis and D wright move over to their current spots. I am not a big fan of Vlad's so far, but I think he has earned a shot at some extra minutes and increased role with his EFFORT and improved performance in the past couple of games. His attitude and body language also look a lot better then what they did in the beginning of the season.

Anyways, since we have been losing games, and the way curry has been turning the ball over at critical spots lately (he got worse after hurting his ankle in the OKC game), I think there is no harm in trying. We have been playing well, but I think a lit bit of a mix like this will get us over the hump we can start winning some games again.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball