Healthy=Playoffs

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:41 pm
PS: Was written about a week ago just too busy to post, the standings have changed, New Orleans is now 12-4, and the warriors have now dropped to 10th but are still a part of a group that will be contending the last playoff spot. ( Phoenix, Portland, Memphis)

The elite teams as they stand will be in the playoffs the end of the season with the best records.

As of right now New Orleans and San Antonio have a 11-1, with the Lakers close behind at 11-2.

Superb teams: Oklahoma City, Dallas, Utah, Warriors, Denver. These teams are still gelling and coming together.

On the bubble : Portland, Phoenix, Memphis : Lots of circumstances could propel these teams, but even at full health they lack the spark to make it in.

Not invited : Sacramento, Minnie, Houston, Clippers. No comment here, we all know the deal.

1. New Orleans: Chris Paul for MVP, I know it is early but look at that roster this team should not be this good. I expect them to continue playing at a high level if Paul stays healthy, but at the end expect the Lakers and Spurs to make a push for the top spot.

2. San Antonio: Tim Ducan is suppose to be aging and his game should be falling off right ? So what in the world is going on, Spurs as always are well balanced and well coached. Plus they added young talent.
-- 

3. LA Lakers : They will be in the Play-offs will only get better when Bynum comes back. They are already solid without him.
-- 
 4. Oklahoma City : Still young, still making strides, still alot to learn but a Westbrook/Durant combo ensures they make it in. 2.5 

5. Dallas: Dirk still got it, their post play improved with the addition of Chandler who teams up with Haywood to create an imposing combo. 3.0 

6. Utah : Deron Williams still one of the best PG's in the league. Jefferson has not produced like the
Jazz had hoped but luckily Millsap picked up the slack and will continue to do so quielty. 3.0 

7.Portland : With the on going injury to Roy's knee and the season ending injury to Oden, the blazers play-off chances are greatly impacted and will be fighting to get in. 4.0 

8. Golden State: Will go more in depth, but we need to beat this injury curse, seriously4.5 

9.Denver: Not sure what is going on in Denver, Melo has been playing well in the midst of his trading controversy. Billups on the other hand has been in a funk of sorts, if he gets it together and they get some post help they get in.4.5 

10.Phoenix: With Amare gone this is a different team, plus Robin Lopez has not filled in like they had hoped, in-fact he has been horrid, and complained about injury. I don't see the Suns making it in this season. 5.5 

11. Memphis : They really signed Mike Conley to 45 million/5yr deal, well they could have up-graded at pg with some other player. Rudy Gay should ascending to super-star level. They have good post players, but overall the team is soft. 7.0 

12. Sacramento: Still too young, the balance on that team does not scream success. 7.0 

13. Minnesota : They still have a long ways to go, see improvement from last year but they are far off. 8.0 

14. Houston : The injuries have killed them, they are lacking identity and have a huge mountain to climb. 8.0 

15. LA Clippers : Baron for MVP, lol, no really did not think they would be this bad. 11.0 

The warriors will make the play-offs if they are healthy, simple as that. The concept of team will be lacking if any of the major players get injured. I see them in this order 1) Lee 2) Monta 3) Curry 4) Beans.

I placed Lee as the most important piece of the team in making the playoffs because the warriors were 1-6 with him out. No other player on the team can replace his productivity and skill set, he is just so active on the boards, in the right place at the right time, and offensively helpful so that the warriors don't stall.

At the end the warriors barely get in at the 7 and 8th spot but they stay healthy and we make it.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:06 pm
I still think Smart has to decrease the minutes of the starters for us to have a chance to make the playoffs. If that happens and we are still able to win, playoffs here we come.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:50 pm
Glad yall comin around :D

People underestimate the value of a consistent post scorer. David Lee alone this young team from 10-12 seed all the way up to 8. And to think people were whining about the 10 year project known as Anthony Randolph.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:43 pm
I don't think we should forget about Udoh, or even Amundson for that matter. Udoh is an amazing defender and he can bother all kinds of shots and give us a fighting chance against the Duncans and the Gasols late in games. Since Biedrins can't be counted on to be on the floor late in games, it will be nice to have some depth back there This team will be very deep in the front court in less than a month.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:57 pm
David Wood wrote:I don't think we should forget about Udoh, or even Amundson for that matter. Udoh is an amazing defender and he can bother all kinds of shots and give us a fighting chance against the Duncans and the Gasols late in games. Since Biedrins can't be counted on to be on the floor late in games, it will be nice to have some depth back there This team will be very deep in the front court in less than a month.

So true! I can't wait to see Rad as our last option at PF. We got some big time help players coming soon. At that point, teams and the media will understand we ain't playin this year.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:20 pm
Ok, the team is healthy lets go, also some important developments that lean to the warriors favor.

1. Never want to wish injury to other teams, so there is sympathy to the Blazer fans. Roy has been out for majority of the season with a serious knee injury and many have said will not come back in the all-star form. Marcus Camby recently injured his knees, and will be having surgery. Aldridge and Mathews seem to be holding the Blazers down, but with so many holes on the roster its just a matter of time before they start sliding and hopefully out of that 8th spot.

2. The development of the Carmelo situation will also benifit the warriors, not only will Melo go, but reports are attaching Billups to the trade, all sides still waiting. Its obvious the Nuggets will be rebuilding so they will also slide out that 6th position, giving the warriors 2 open spots to compete for the play-offs 7th or 8th.

3. The warriors are improving yes, they beat Hornets this month, lost to the surging Clippers by double digits but came back to beat them second time around, didn't watch the Lakers game but I heard warriors had that, only to lose it at the end in the fourth quarter. Plus they are beating teams they are suppose to.

4. The schedule for recent games favors the warriors with majority at home against sub-par teams, but they have to get wins simple as that.

Return to Warriors Basketball