NEW OWNERS TALK OPENLY ABOUT SAN FRANCISCO

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:28 pm
Bart is merely a 15 minute walk away from at&t park. which is practically underneath the bay bridge. i don't see the transportation argument here pawno..parking? again, take bart..
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:55 pm
warchief wrote:Bart is merely a 15 minute walk away from at&t park. which is practically underneath the bay bridge. i don't see the transportation argument here pawno..parking? again, take bart..

But Basketball isn't always on Sunday bro....(Football is mostly attendant )

Hoops is played Late October thru to Mid April with games scheduled on Mondays thru Fridays.

Not everyone is going to be able to take BART straight after work Families have to work late and most people who work in the city won't have time to go home into the Easty Bay shower and then get to AT&T Park in time for the tip off. (that probably leads to a increase in season ticket sales for people living on the peninsula)

Of course a whole culture will change where people catch public transport in, But not everyone is a Green treehugger in the BAY AREA, I do admit NOCAL has the best culture of recycling and the enviroment... But people will like to drive, refuse to catch BART.. If you build a arena on top of a carpark, then you better have a bloody plan to build a multi story complex on the remaining lot.. It only makes sense!

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:06 pm
Living in Sacramento, I would prefer it to stay in Oakland (shorter drive).... but that is pretty selfish. As a fan of the team, I would love the Warriors to move to a location where the league will take notice. And that is San Francisco. The Warriors have the opportunity to bring more players interested in playing in the Bay Area (versus Oakland). Lets be honest, Oakland isn't as great and prominent in American society as it was 50-100 years ago.

And Pawno... If the Giants can fill up a stadium with the lack of SF parking, we can do it with the Warriors. If there is a will, there is way.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Living in Sacramento, I would prefer it to stay in Oakland (shorter drive).... but that is pretty selfish. As a fan of the team, I would love the Warriors to move to a location where the league will take notice. And that is San Francisco. The Warriors have the opportunity to bring more players interested in playing in the Bay Area (versus Oakland). Lets be honest, Oakland isn't as great and prominent in American society as it was 50-100 years ago.

And Pawno... If the Giants can fill up a stadium with the lack of SF parking, we can do it with the Warriors. If there is a will, there is way.

Yeah i agree.. It will sellout, People would find a way to get there families to gametime. But just think about the Reality that in 5 years time the A's, the Raiders & now the Warriors might not be based at the Colliseum... (Can you imagine the impact that'd it have on the city... A's in San Jose, Warriors in San Francisco & the Raiders back in the place they should be... Los Angeles)

In fact what's even funnier both the Athletics and Warriors were originally from Philadelphia. The Raiders have always been a team with it's birthplace as Oakland.

I'd be totally gutted if all 3 of those teams moved from Oakland... But there's a very good possibility and i'm going to have to brace myself that i'll be going to Raiders games back in Southern California.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball