NEW OWNERS TALK OPENLY ABOUT SAN FRANCISCO

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:02 am
....................... it is in east oakland.....................
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Look behind you
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:02 pm
stay in oaktown dubs!
~LilBallerx~

Image

All Star
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:06 am
Location: East Bay
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:17 pm
I hope they move and make the best up to date arena in the league, in one of the wealthiest cities in the world. How is this even an argument(staying in oakland)? Even moreso, they were originally in San Fran when they moved here from the east coast! I'm trying to think of an angle that points toward Oakland.... :sleeping: I want to go to a Warrior (in SF) game and be able to go bar-hoppin with my buddies after without looking over my shoulder wondering if i'm going to get mugged.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:18 am
warchief wrote:I hope they move and make the best up to date arena in the league, in one of the wealthiest cities in the world. How is this even an argument(staying in oakland)? Even moreso, they were originally in San Fran when they moved here from the east coast! I'm trying to think of an angle that points toward Oakland.... :sleeping: I want to go to a Warrior (in SF) game and be able to go bar-hoppin with my buddies after without looking over my shoulder wondering if i'm going to get mugged.


Well if you think your going to get mugged, then you will.

robbers usually target the vulnerable... (rapers too)

It's a valid point about San Francisco having a great array of bars to choose from... But it really does put the team out of touch with a much larger population base situated in the East Bay.

I think the interesting aspect is what happens if the Athletics move and the long term future of the Raiders... If the Raiders resign a long lease at the Coliseum in a proposed new stadium venture then all the current derelict buildings and industrial warehouses will go through a urban development program where coffee shops and restraunts will open up. But if the raiders don't stay and piss off to Los Angeles then that would be the final nail in all sports in Oakland... The A's will move and the Warriors probably wouldn't hang around.

I guess with the current blackout rule only applying to the NFL... If the Warriors did move to San Francisco and put the ticket prices out of touch with there real fanbase then at least the poor oakland ma'f&cksers can still catch the game on CSN.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:43 pm
PAWNO wrote:
warchief wrote:I hope they move and make the best up to date arena in the league, in one of the wealthiest cities in the world. How is this even an argument(staying in oakland)? Even moreso, they were originally in San Fran when they moved here from the east coast! I'm trying to think of an angle that points toward Oakland.... :sleeping: I want to go to a Warrior (in SF) game and be able to go bar-hoppin with my buddies after without looking over my shoulder wondering if i'm going to get mugged.


Well if you think your going to get mugged, then you will.

robbers usually target the vulnerable... (rapers too)

It's a valid point about San Francisco having a great array of bars to choose from... But it really does put the team out of touch with a much larger population base situated in the East Bay.

I think the interesting aspect is what happens if the Athletics move and the long term future of the Raiders... If the Raiders resign a long lease at the Coliseum in a proposed new stadium venture then all the current derelict buildings and industrial warehouses will go through a urban development program where coffee shops and restraunts will open up. But if the raiders don't stay and piss off to Los Angeles then that would be the final nail in all sports in Oakland... The A's will move and the Warriors probably wouldn't hang around.

I guess with the current blackout rule only applying to the NFL... If the Warriors did move to San Francisco and put the ticket prices out of touch with there real fanbase then at least the poor oakland ma'f&cksers can still catch the game on CSN.


The prices are going to go up anyways once the warriors start winning on a consistent basis. If they do move to SF, yes the prices will go up more, but mainly in the lower levels. The nose bleed sections will probably only have a slight increase.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011

All Star
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:06 am
Location: East Bay
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:50 pm
PAWNO wrote:
warchief wrote:I hope they move and make the best up to date arena in the league, in one of the wealthiest cities in the world. How is this even an argument(staying in oakland)? Even moreso, they were originally in San Fran when they moved here from the east coast! I'm trying to think of an angle that points toward Oakland.... :sleeping: I want to go to a Warrior (in SF) game and be able to go bar-hoppin with my buddies after without looking over my shoulder wondering if i'm going to get mugged.


Well if you think your going to get mugged, then you will.

robbers usually target the vulnerable... (rapers too)

It's a valid point about San Francisco having a great array of bars to choose from... But it really does put the team out of touch with a much larger population base situated in the East Bay.

I think the interesting aspect is what happens if the Athletics move and the long term future of the Raiders... If the Raiders resign a long lease at the Coliseum in a proposed new stadium venture then all the current derelict buildings and industrial warehouses will go through a urban development program where coffee shops and restraunts will open up. But if the raiders don't stay and piss off to Los Angeles then that would be the final nail in all sports in Oakland... The A's will move and the Warriors probably wouldn't hang around.

I guess with the current blackout rule only applying to the NFL... If the Warriors did move to San Francisco and put the ticket prices out of touch with there real fanbase then at least the poor oakland ma'f&cksers can still catch the game on CSN.


My point about Oakland is, the majority of it is ghetto. The Oakland hills are awesome sure. But the Warriors don't play in the Oakland hills. I don't feel safe walking around in Oakland, which is why I don't go there. I go to a Warriors game, hit up bart and get the hell out. If this team played in downtown San Fran, the experience would be so much more enjoyable because I can do something before the game and after the game right by the arena, and feel safe doing it.

Puts the team out of touch with the fan base in the East Bay? This is what I dont understand, this identity crisis that some fans have, as if they have to stay on this side of the bay, or they should be called the Oakland Warriors because that's the city in which they play... Who gives a ****? The Warriors are the Bay Area's, the only NBA franchise here. East Bay, South Bay, North Bay, we should all be drooling at the prospect of getting a brand new arena with surrounding attractions! So it's a little farther on Bart..? Or a bit longer of a drive? I live in the East Bay myself, and I couldn't support the move more.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Look behind you
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:27 pm
the only prob with san fran, is the crowd will be 3x more random rich fatass men, and less poor muthafuckas who scrap up enough money to hit up the dubs at upper level
~LilBallerx~

Image
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:53 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:06 pm
I don't know why they need to move the Oracle Arena is pretty awesome, and the fans come out like crazy
Cohan and Nelly are gone!!!
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 pm
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:24 pm
The big question is, will they make more money in SF or Oakland? Oakland Raiders fans can't even sell out their own home games, so how many Warriors fan's are actually located in Oakland? How many Bay Area NBA teams are there? Last time I checked...One. Golden State has always been, to me, too generic of a term. Afterall, Golden State suggest all of California which would include the Lakers, Clippers and Kings. That would be like the Houston Rockets naming themselves the Lone Star State Rockets which would exclude the Spurs and Mavericks. A move to SF wouldn't automatically mean a change to the San Francisco Warriors, but it does have a nice ring to it, moreso than the Oakland Warriors. With the success of the Giants, why wouldn't the Warriors want to move here and be affiliated with a winning organization? Before the sale was even conceived, there were talks about a group of Bay Area investors that had enough political influences in San Francisco to bring the team to SF. Enter Gruber, Lacob and investors and exit Larry Ellison. Coincidence huh? They supposedly have a site picked out on the Waterfront near AT&T Park. It will either be across the water from AT&T which is currently a parking lot or down a bit overtaking an old Pier.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:51 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:The big question is, will they make more money in SF or Oakland?

They'll make money in both places... whichever they choose. The Warriors have pretty good attendance levels being the only hoops team in town

BayAreaHoopz wrote:Oakland Raiders fans can't even sell out their own home games, so how many Warriors fan's are actually located in Oakland


Different economics partner... Raider fans are notorious for being a rough bunch.. with the team stinking the last 7 years, you gotta be one motivated fan to put your ass in a seat in the Colsieum on a Sunday Afternoon

BayAreaHoopz wrote:A move to SF wouldn't automatically mean a change to the San Francisco Warriors, but it does have a nice ring to it, moreso than the Oakland Warriors.


I doubt they'll change there name... To be called the Golden State Warriors implys that your not getting involved in the twin city beef... I'm sure there's some West Bay/East Bay purists who wouldn't support the team because of them pinpointing the franchise name to a specific location.



BayAreaHoopz wrote:With the success of the Giants, why wouldn't the Warriors want to move here and be affiliated with a winning organization?


WOAH!!! Don't get to ahead of yourself... Winning organization? perhaps this year, but the Giants have stunk for a good 50 years... sure they made the World Series earlier in the decade & they had another World Series loss in 1989 to the more decorated Athletics... But to call them a "Winning Organization" after what i believe was a fluke of an appearance (had they met the Yankees in the World Series they would of just been another WS appearance).... But there's no guarantee the Giants would be a winning organization in 5 or so years time when they moved over the Bridge. the term 'winning organization' in my eyes should be saved for sporting franchises that constantly win like the Bulls of the 90's or the Niners of 80/90's era... I'm a big believer that this Giants club won't see another World Series win for another 50-60 years due to the very flawed system the MLB has of "No Salary Cap" & thus therefore making clubs like Boston, Philadelphia and New York constantly be strong on the back of rich ownership.

BayAreaHoopz wrote:They supposedly have a site picked out on the Waterfront near AT&T Park. It will either be across the water from AT&T which is currently a parking lot or down a bit overtaking an old Pie


I won't lie... It's a awesome place for a stadium project... Central to Bart!!! by the water with a bunch of cool bars and eat outs. I'd just prefer the team to stay in Oakland due to the better infrastructure of Freeways & BART being able to cater for a bigger population mass of the Bay Area!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:33 am
Lol @ you saying fluke World Series run .. We have the best pitching staff in baseball and they got hot when we needed them to. Nothing fluke about that. Yankees woulda got the same treatment, if not worse
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:26 am
Beast Mode wrote:Lol @ you saying fluke World Series run .. We have the best pitching staff in baseball and they got hot when we needed them to. Nothing fluke about that. Yankees woulda got the same treatment, if not worse


It's true bro...

The Giants only qualified on the last day of the regular season to sneak in by a Bees dick into the playoff pictures... They then went onto beat the Braves & Phillies in which i think are way better teams then SF & the Giants held underdog status all the way up until they met the Texans!

Anyways i'm not taking anything away from the Giants in what they did this year.. they won there division then went onto win Americas Greatest sporting match. they're champions & only the people in the Bay area believed in them. (i follow Kwakami on twitter and he spent a good portion of 2010 just ripping right royal into the SF Giants, Linecum and Co got hot at the right time of the year)

But my statement about them being a WINNING ORGANIZATION is BayareaHOOPZ jumping ahead of the gun and thinking that the Giants will be good in 5 years time (cause history isn't on there sides)

Below is a stats table of how many times the Giants have won there division in the last 40 years... They're not heavyweights and in the rotation a lot of the time like Padres, Dodgers or Diamondbacks over the last couple of years... But if you take a look at the team on the right hand side... Now that's why i referred to the Athletics as the more decorated club... why? because it's true!!! (I could of used the stinking Saints as my example, but i'm not mean Beast... I know they champs, but New Orleans hadn't made the playoffs years before 2009)

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:41 am
Nothing about that chart will change the fact that watching a game will be a more pleasurable and memorable experience in San Francisco than at Oracle Arena. Noone wants to go to downtown Oakland after a game. Just imagine the city after a win ...
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2538
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:44 am
@Pawno trying to talk baseball - LMAO...

@The A's being more decorated... The Giants are the 6th oldest team in the league, have the most HOFers than any other team, have the most wins and the 2nd highest win %...

@The Braves and Phillies being better teams, OK the Phillies were probably the better overall team, but their pitching was not even close. The Braves in no way were the better team, you only show you lack of Baseball knowledge with that statement.

@The Giants world series being a fluke, pitching >>>>>>> anything else, when it comes to playoff baseball. Beast is right in saying that the Yankees would have been handled the same, it wasn't even close - we took the NLDS in 4 games, NLCS in 6 games and the WS in 5 - not one series went the distance. Plus the reason why we barely got into the playoffs was because if it had been the Padres instead of us, they would have won it all just the same because their pitching was spectacular, as was ours.

SF will undoubtedly be the better home for the Warriors, there has yet to be one viable argument to support otherwise... All the Oakland supports are saying is that the poorer population will cheer louder and better support the team because they are more spirited - this is sheer speculation and there is no evidence to support this case.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:26 pm
JREED wrote:
SF will undoubtedly be the better home for the Warriors, there has yet to be one viable argument to support otherwise... .


The Transport infrastructure is better in the current location.

BART STATION
580
880
SAN MATEO BRIDGE all nearby.

Considering that the current SF proposed venue is a carpark & building on the current AT&T carpark lot eliminates the places where 20,000 people can park. (Perhaps they could do some excavation and have people park underneath or a multi leveled parking lot on the remaining bit of the lot???)
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest