Get real BW isn't going to be a star...EITHER

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:50 pm
I know we didn't expect him to be a star but still... CONTRIBUTE! Can't play if you are hurt all the time...

If there was one player I thought we would see more because of D Lee injury's would be B Wright. Boy was I wrong. I know a few of these games were coaches decision, but do I blame KSmart? Initially, yes, play the guy he is talented. But now we find out that he is hurt... back problems? c mon, man up! Perhaps I had too much expectation for him, because its clear to me... WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET WITH B WRIGHT....

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:48 pm
I honestly didn't even expect him to contribute. I figured the addition of Udoh/Amundson/Gadzuric made him expendable [which he has always been]. I still laugh @ those who think we lost in the David Lee ... hows AR working out right now in NY

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:03 pm
Our team is a mess for a lot of reasons, but the lack of a power forward even with the freak accident to Lee, shows a huge, fundamental lack of respect Warriors have for developing front court talent. DWright has shot us to mediocrity, Curry has been continually outplayed at the point ... Vlade or Adrien less than stellar play just exposes our weaknesses even further. Biedrins can easily get a double double every single game, with a coach that wants to get low point scoring but we have our 8th coach in a row that wants to win and lose with jump shooters. Bigs are just a injury liability (GO, Bynum, Yao, Boozer) so I wouldn't blame the franchise of BW injury woes entirely... but this team went cheap with the bench ...still suffering from the talent drain caused by Nellie and it shows in the absence of Lee. Before we continue to find out the Ellis /Curry experiment is a liability .... I would move Curry for a big guard (think Iggy with our expiring contracts) ..or land an athletic 3 in Deng helping the Bulls land Melo moving Biedrins? and some contracts. Seriously, a healthy BW and his 50% + FG shooting is a lot better than our dismal bench ... the resurgent Pacers landed a franchise point with (Troy Murphy of all people). We got to stop drafting projects, and trade our good for nothing 9th seed lottery picks for serviceable players. On the bright side, the 3 perimeter offense in Miami is a worst debacle ... and at least there will be some lift with a healthy DLee rebounding like a beast. The biggest flaw in our offense 6 attempts for Biedrins per game to 39 for trio of Reggie, DW and Curry and that is pure coaching not freak accidents to the trio of BW, DL or Udoh.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:07 pm
no one expected this twig to amount to anything and I feel bad for you if you did.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:33 pm
the title of the thread implies that guys thought BW to be a star in the first place? don't think that's really been the case. except after he was traded for J-Rich, guys were trying to twist it as a great move because it allowed us to start and sign Monta and thought BW was gonna be good. problem with that is that we should've traded J Rich + Harrington or Monta + Harrington for a proven very good player or star PF - which was very feasible (think David West)....Baron / JRich / SJax / (star PF) / Biedrins....

I honestly think that if BW was selected in the 2nd round, people would've gave up on him a lot earlier based on his on the court performance. it's the same thing w/the 49ers Alex Smith. if people were using their eyeballs earlier, instead of their assumptions of what a #1 overall pick should be, they would've realized A. Smith was not a good QB.

All Star
Poster Credit: 18
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:34 pm
I said in the begining of the season if B-Wright stays healthy I will be happy with that, talk about epic failure there is no hope for this guy. Just stay healthy B-Wright.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:49 am
Sorry to waste everyone's time on this thread... I had faith in B Wright, but it goes to show you how pathetic he is when Vlad and Adrien gets PT over him.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:56 pm
Yeah Jeff Adrien is pretty ****ing garbage offensively. Sick of seeing him ruin good plays. We need Lee back badly.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:18 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Yeah Jeff Adrien is pretty ****ing garbage offensively. Sick of seeing him ruin good plays. We need Lee back badly.

He had a pretty good game vs Memphis. I like how he is a big body PF, something different then the PF we have had recently, and he gives us a different tool to work with.
I think he has earned some minutes behind Lee once lee comes back.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:48 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Yeah Jeff Adrien is pretty ****ing garbage offensively. Sick of seeing him ruin good plays. We need Lee back badly.

He had a pretty good game vs Memphis. I like how he is a big body PF, something different then the PF we have had recently, and he gives us a different tool to work with.

I think he is understanding his role very well for our team and its to be rugged, and rebound. Any offense you get from Adrien is a bonus. Having said that, sorry, but once Amundson comes back and Udoh, no reason why Adrien should log ANY MINUTES.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:37 am
DleagueDelight wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:

I think he is understanding his role very well for our team and its to be rugged, and rebound. Any offense you get from Adrien is a bonus. Having said that, sorry, but once Amundson comes back and Udoh, no reason why Adrien should log ANY MINUTES.

Yes Udoh should get all the minutes behind Lee when he gets back. You want him to get all the experience as possible for next year. I am just pointing out that Ardien is serviceable and in a game of match ups it is nice to have a big bruser when playing against a team that has a guy like Z-bo. There are some other teams and guys out there that will be nice to match Jeff with (Celtics Perkins comes to mind).
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:42 am
I would give minutes to BW if he can come back healthy ... he can still score 50-60% from the field and no other bench guy comes close to that field goal percentage ... Udoh dream on. We give up on players too early .. but people may want Vlade, Gadz or Bell at the trading deadline... for contract flexibility purposes only. You need to score in the paint on the road, which is why we are a horrible road team (let's watch another perimeter shot brick) and the Miami Meltdowns are following our path of failure. I didn't mind the loss to Memphis with the production from Biedrins ... of course Lee helps but giving the ball inside should be the priority regardless of win loss record (too many elite teams in the West, the Curry PG experiment has been disappointing, freak accidents to Udoh, Lee and the predictable hurts of BW, absolute no bench because the ownership issue) to focus purely on win/losses and the once in lifetime playoff appearance. So far, it looks like David Lee and not Smart is the key to our success (why do hacks like Smart and Spoelstra live and die with shooters) and the elite coaches live and die with the interior (Phillip, Pops, Doc and Sloan).
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:46 pm
Udoh>BWright
RadMan>Wright
Adrien>Wright
Beast Mode> Wright
Pawno>Wright

point taken :mrgreen:
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:41 pm
dareedle wrote:I would give minutes to BW if he can come back healthy ... he can still score 50-60% from the field and no other bench guy comes close to that field goal percentage ... Udoh dream on. We give up on players too early .. but people may want Vlade, Gadz or Bell at the trading deadline... for contract flexibility purposes only. You need to score in the paint on the road, which is why we are a horrible road team (let's watch another perimeter shot brick) and the Miami Meltdowns are following our path of failure. I didn't mind the loss to Memphis with the production from Biedrins ... of course Lee helps but giving the ball inside should be the priority regardless of win loss record (too many elite teams in the West, the Curry PG experiment has been disappointing, freak accidents to Udoh, Lee and the predictable hurts of BW, absolute no bench because the ownership issue) to focus purely on win/losses and the once in lifetime playoff appearance. So far, it looks like David Lee and not Smart is the key to our success (why do hacks like Smart and Spoelstra live and die with shooters) and the elite coaches live and die with the interior (Phillip, Pops, Doc and Sloan).

The Stephen Curry PG experiment is drastically missing interior scoring. Kinda hard to facilitate an offense when you and a shooting guard shorter than you are need to score all the points.

Thank god Lee is back.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:02 pm
With all due respect to some members on here, B Wright is injury prone... Period. I don't want to hear about this and that. You think David Lee is 100% healthy last night versus the Wolves? Give me a break. I play Charlie Bell at the 4 before I put B Wright back in! (Sarcasm) but that is how much hope I have for BWright! I hope he can prove me wrong because you cant teach length... then again, your talent is only serviceable ONLY when you can play.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball