What Will Be the First Big Move Under the New Ownership?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What Will Be the First Big Move Under the New Ownership?

Trade a Starter
6%
Upgrade the Bench
47%
Fire Riley
6%
Fire Smart
No votes
Fire Training Staff
41%

Total votes : 17

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:54 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:I am keeping a close eye on Tayshaun Prince. Post looks decent, PG looks good, minus the bench but I think Reggie is capable of running the point. Things aren't looking too good in Detroit right now, so if we some how land Tayshaun he would fit on the team nicely, coming of the bench, giving the needed spark. I would love such a move, and the training staff not sure what too make of them but results show they are not performing well.

I think this could potentially be a great pickup. If we could trade Bell and Radmonovic for Prince, that would be an amazing upgrade. Prince is a glue-guy from a one of the best TEAMs that we have seen in a long time. He still has talent just probably needs a change of scenery. I don't think his contract is very long and he recently had a blowup with Detroit's new coach. Hopefully Riley is inquiring
Get Money. Get Paid.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:21 pm
With Joe Lacob and Peter Gruber now officially the new owners of the Warriors, GM Larry Riley still remains as a holdover from Chris Cohan's ownership tenure.

But according to Sam Amick of FanHouse, Lacob could be after Steve Kerr, the former Phoenix president of basketball operations, in the future.

"Two sources close to the situation expect Riley, eventually, to be supplanted by a bigger-name executive and placed in a supplementary role," wrote Amick. "A name that is atop Lacob's wish list, I was told, is Steve Kerr. " ... Lacob, the sources said, is enamored with Kerr and would be thrilled if he could convince him to head for the Bay Area."

Kerr is currently a commentator for TNT, and it was reported he signed a five-year deal with the network.

But it's possible he could head to the Bay Area before his contract runs out if Lacob comes calling.

via ESPN insider
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball